LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wetting During The Day

Hi,

My main problem is bed-wetting, and I have accepted the fact that I need to wear a diaper at night for this purpose. However, just recently I have been having problems wetting my pants during the day. As a result, I have wet my couch, and have of course wet my clothes, and feel humiliated when it happens. I do not typically wear a diaper during the day unless I am going for a long walk where there is no bathroom facilities, or when going a long trip. However, I am starting to wonder if I should wear a diaper during the day - 24 hours a day. Just the thought of it makes me feel humiliated, however I think it is truly more humilitating when I wet my pants.

Also, I wear depends diapers, but have leaked through the diaper at night. Someone here told me there are abenas which are much better at absorbing. Do they sell these in Canada? Does anyone know. If not, what is a good absorbing diaper in Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Aloha,

I live in Hawaii and order diapers from a Company that is based in Canada. Not sure if this specific company delivers to your area in Canada, but I use B4NS.com specifically for the ABRI-Wings disposable brand. This is a diaper I choose to wear during the day, they also do carry Abena Xplus diapers as well.

Aloha

• 3 weeks later...

I have accidents during the day about 50 to 70 percent of the time so I wear diapers and there is nothing wrong with that. But I love diapers. You also got to think what's more embarassing for you being diapered or being wet. Personally I think being wet is embarasing.

• Like 2

Hi Babylee75 you're right, it is much more embarrassing wetting my pants than wearing a diaper. I got the Abenas and they work really well. The one thing about wearing one is finding ways to be discreet about changing it. I work in a small office, and I haven't yet mastered the best way to bring the diaper in the washroom with me. I have brought my carry on case with me or sometimes I'll put it in a plastic bag. Any suggestions as to the best way to change at work?

I generally wear a pad during the day, I have a bigger problem with dribbling provided I can make it to the bathroom when I start to. I'll occasionally wear a diaper during the day if I feel I'm gonna be in a situation where I won't make it.

And there's nothing wrong with it, it's much more comfortable and offers a lot more security than worrying about wet pants. And I'll wear an Attends with Waistband, which are comparable to Depends in price but are much more effective, and work pretty well at night, though I would also recommend the Abenas for that regard.

But even as noisy as the Attends are(I'd say they're probably the noisiest I've worn) I've yet to have anybody notice, nobody will pay enough attention to notice as a general rule.

Like I said, it's all about confidence and security, and Diapers offer that alot more than fear of accidents. :)

Hi Babylee75 you're right, it is much more embarrassing wetting my pants than wearing a diaper. I got the Abenas and they work really well. The one thing about wearing one is finding ways to be discreet about changing it. I work in a small office, and I haven't yet mastered the best way to bring the diaper in the washroom with me. I have brought my carry on case with me or sometimes I'll put it in a plastic bag. Any suggestions as to the best way to change at work?

I carry around a Messenger bag with extra changes, extra pads and some wipes and desitin. Nobody has said anything about it, but then again, I'm in College, and that style bag was popular my senior year in highschool, so it's fairly common looking for me to have it.

Most of the time, I try to wait to change until the lunch hour to change and do it away from the office unless I'm absolutely forced to do it at work. I'm also a bedwetter and have daytime leakage problems. When the leakage wasn't too bad, I used adult training pants. However, as the leakage has continued to worsen, I'm wearing diapers during the day with increasing frequency.

There is no getting around the fact that you'll have to carry a bag into the washroom. I have a non-descript soft canvass bag that I use as a carry-on when I travel in which I keep several spare diapers. Our office has several washrooms and I go to the least frequently used one when I need to change. When the change is complete, I put the used diaper in a zip lock bag, put the zip lock bag back in the carry-on bag, and take it home for disposal.

I assume you've mastered the technique of changing in a toilet stall.

If someone comes in the washroom while I'm in the middle of a change, I do my best to appear as if I'm doing my business on the toilet until they leave. The noise involved in putting on a disposable diaper makes it very hard to be discreet and continue the operation with someone else in the room.

A male going to the washroom carrying a bag is likely to garner more attention than a female. So, I would think you shouldn't have much difficulty.

Hi,

I have decided to purchase a larger purse, so I am able to carry an extra diaper or 2 in the purse with some wipes. So thanks for the suggestions on what to do about going to the washroom at work. To answer your questions, 2sail2 I have not tried any of the tena pads or other IC pads. I know that I need to wear a diaper during the day and not just a pad, because I tend to have a heavy incontinence problem.

Thanks again for the suggestions! :)

I can only echo what others have said. First of all, don't be embarrassed for needing daytime protection. Yes, get it checked out to make sure nothing medical is causing the problem.

From there, experiment to get a handle on how best you want to deal with this.

Depends just aren't 'Dependable', especially for night use. You might even want to consider cloth for nights. At least get a better disposable and consider plastic pants.

I've gone to using Abena's during the day and like the extra protection of plastic pants over them.

I use the Kin's Tuffy's (Canada) and find they are quiet, reliable and wear well.

Under slacks they don't seem too thick or noticeable. Since I'm a guy I don't wear this combo under skirts out of the house, so I can't help you there, but I suspect depending on the styles you wear it might work well for you.

I always keep two spare diapers in my briefcase. Changes out in public are not always easy or totally 'secret' but I've come to terms with the fact I need protection.

Good luck!

Hi diaperpt thanks for the suggestions! I actually have switched diaper brands. I wear Abenas now which I find are so much better than the depends. I think i need to change my screen name! LOL!

As for getting this incontinence thing checked out, I went to my doctor and he believes it is caused by one of my meds. Apparently it is a frequent side effect of my medication. So he prescribed another med for incontinence but so far it is not working. However it has only been 2 days of taking it. Not sure if it takes a while to work or not. He also told me to stop drinking diet Pepsi. I so am not ready to give that up yet! Lol.

Same here I was told it may be meds combined with pop. But have to take meds for bipolar depression. And ain't going to quite pepsi oh i did change to diet pepsi. Another doc thougjt it was to enlarge prostate and wanted to put me on meds. I refused because I believe the other docs. Oh and I also have high blood pressure witch I hear can also lead to incontinence. The reason pepsi or soda pop can cause incontinence is cafine and high blood sugar. I ain't diabetic but my blood sugar was to high so i drink diet. Also the salt in soda can influnce incontinence by rasing blood pressure. The reason I won't take the incotinence pills is the bad side effects. I felt like I was having a heartattack my left arm was numb for weaks after i stoped taking it and my heart was racing I was dizzy and itched I only took med for 2-3 days. And besides I love diapers so I win. Medicade pays for my diapers

Same here I was told it may be meds combined with pop. But have to take meds for bipolar depression. And ain't going to quite pepsi oh i did change to diet pepsi. Another doc thougjt it was to enlarge prostate and wanted to put me on meds. I refused because I believe the other docs. Oh and I also have high blood pressure witch I hear can also lead to incontinence. The reason pepsi or soda pop can cause incontinence is cafine and high blood sugar. I ain't diabetic but my blood sugar was to high so i drink diet. Also the salt in soda can influnce incontinence by rasing blood pressure. The reason I won't take the incotinence pills is the bad side effects. I felt like I was having a heartattack my left arm was numb for weaks after i stoped taking it and my heart was racing I was dizzy and itched I only took med for 2-3 days. And besides I love diapers so I win. Medicade pays for my diapers

Yeah I really don't want to be on another medication. And I know it has only been 3 days but the incontinence med is not working. I will have to talk to my doctor again. I also not want to change psych meds that I am taking because they work really well for me despite the incontinence problem.

What's the doc say about meds. I was on zoloft for depression and bipolar and found out it was cuasing me to bleed into my poop stay away from zoloft. I changed my pshc meds in july or august and am doing fine. Good luck on new meds.

Hi babylee75, I haven't talked to my doc yet about the fact that the incontinence meds are not working. I see him Nov 1st. I know I don't want to stop taking the psych med that is likely causing the incontinence. I also go for an ultrasound tomorrow to rule out any other abnormalities. It just really is unfortunate that the psych med I'm taking that works the best for me, causes this problem. Oh we'll, I guess I'll just have to manage it by wearing diapers!

Id try changing to a non caffeinated pop, and see if that helps. I've had to give up my morning coffee, something thats been very hard for me, otherwise Im rushing to the toilet very frequently and often wetting as well. I was fine with coffee until something else medically cropped up, and now Im in this situation.

I know its hard, but giving up the diet pepsi might be the easiest solution... Its worth a shot.

I hope that everything works out as you wish. It's a shame that we had that embarassment ingrained in us. What's the difference between needing diapers and needing glasses? Please let us all know how your appointment goes in November and remember all the support you get here.

Aloha,

Honu

Pugsly I am okay with being icontinent. I like wearing diapers and wetting them. I was sharing with I weardepends. Telling here she isn't a lone. And that wearing diapers isn't the end of the world. If I wanted to be continent I would have tried more than One med.For incontinence. Even though I am pretty Site none of them work. And yes I will continue to drink diet pepsi.

Dear babyLee75, my comments were directed at Iweardepends, as they were the OP. I guess I could have been clearer. Sorry.

I've got no issue with wearing diapers. I do frequently. It is much easier cleaning those up then wet pants. Iweardepends seems to have an issue,and surely trying switching beverages is a plan with less risks then taking medication, for something that could be an easy fix, or at least worth a try.

Sorry if my first post seemed a little preachy, that wasn't the intent. Im busy writing stuff for Uni, and it seems everything I write at the moment ends up with a certain voice, soz. You obviously took what I said the wrong way, and thats my fault.

Im glad your lending support to Iweardepends. Thats the best part about this community, and the internet. Knowing that we're not alone, there is someone else going through the same experiences. Your right, wearing diapers isn't the end of the world, and its a much safer solution then taking a med that can mess with other things when there is a much easier way.

All the best,

Puggsley