LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This Is Why I Hate The Closing Shift.

Eir

Hi y'all.

First, I really, really, really do not think gay jokes in the work place are all that funny. While I am not gay, I tend to send off gay vibes everywhere I go. I can empathize with you who have been given shit at the workplace. The other night I was the closing shift at a grocery store. One of the Junior managers was there, a male coworker bought flowers. The Jr manager asked jokingly if they were for his boyfriend. I said, that's not funny. (I hated Jiffy Lube because you were working with crude boys. Not men, boys.) Then a bunch of guys were in line. One guy said to another: fuck you. The manager guy said, What do you want to do to him?

Ugh Heavy Sigh.

As far as I can tell this was not directed at me. There is a reason why I won't want to work with the stock boys, they're crude. I think the Junior manager really should have the maturity to discourage gay jokes and not use them himself. I don't want to get him in trouble either, he is a nice manager, just not very mature.

yeah but what if the guy WAS buying flowers for his boyfriend and the jr. manager KNEW this, and was actually asking.. are they for your boyfriend.. and perhaps the two had had a conversation earlier about say the boyfriend always hinting at wanting flowers..

I mean really. the above could be just as legitimate as your take on it as well.

I know what your saying, but I just don't think anything can be made of it. So the joke was made, but it does not necessarily equiate to an attack on all gays/lesbians. I wouldn't let it bother me. That said, it is not really appropriate for a work environment mostly because of the language most often involved as well as it being, well, lowbrow.

Anyways, Jiffy Lube is the worst place to take your car. Never go there.

I normally wouldn't mind, because, well, if I couldn't take a joke about it, if anything that would probably mean I'm not secure enough in myself. I'll belly-laugh to a good gay joke now and then (not all, obviously, I don't think I'd be amused by, say, "two faggots walk into a bar. They are kicked to death. FUCK YEAH!"), but the 'Fuck you' and 'What do you want to do him' kinda go a bit far. Then again, there's a lot of 'ally' stuff I kind of stare cockeyed at (saying 'partner' instead of 'boyfriend / girlfriend'? Really?) so I'm probs a minority.

yeah but what if the guy WAS buying flowers for his boyfriend and the jr. manager KNEW this, and was actually asking.. are they for your boyfriend.. and perhaps the two had had a conversation earlier about say the boyfriend always hinting at wanting flowers..

I mean really. the above could be just as legitimate as your take on it as well.

You could be right, but this is Texas we're talking about, where t3h 3v1l gheys are destroyins teh zociety!!!!!111!!!!11!

When it comes to jokes there is no 'sacred ground'- everyone is a wide open target <_<One's true maturity and understanding shows by what jokes you tell and how you respond to the jokes you hear. As a between-gender almost-asexual Transperson I can't really say if I'm "gay" or "straight" or not, but I do not like Gay jokes or the people who think it's cool to tell them <_< And yeah, society encourages young "men" to use them as a way of pumping up their own hetero 'he-man' image so they can 'fit in' better :bash:

Just another reason why I hate this society and what it does to people, and the very reason I am a social anarchist destroying those idiotic concepts at every chance I can :ph34r: #11 should be "Thou shall not attempt to fit in with that which is wrong."

Bettypooh

Being Gay i have heard just about every Gay joke there is. I never let them bother me because i'm very secure in who i am even though some are very distasteful. I usually go to one local tavern and some guys just like to be the B.M.O.C. and tell them as a way to get attention etc. When they get bad i just remind them that there gays that come here and they should tone it down. They do listen because of my size i'm 6'1 235 and a dedicated gym rat i have 18inch arms and a chest to go with them so just with that they back down. I'm not being a defender of Gays like myself just at times it gets out of hand. Now on the other hand if these jokes were made at the workplace it would be totally inappropiate and could cause problems for the person/persons they were directed at. Even if the comment about the flowers was in jest it was done at the wrong place and should never have been said especially when other employees were present and definately not by someone in a position of management.

• Like 1