LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Did You Stop Thinking Of Yourself As Young?

DailyDi

195 members have voted

1. 1. At what age did you stop being "young" and start being an adult?

• older

Okay, this question is a little different, but I'm bored with the same old topics. Let's explore each other more!

DD tends to skew towards an older audience... mostly since we don't allow kids, but i think also because young adults often hold onto their "teen" connections and thinking longer that society accepts.

So... at what age did you stop thinking of yourself as a teen or young adult, and start seeing yourself as an adult?

I'm not talking about those of us that had to "grow up fast" or act like an adult at a young age, but when did you accept that you weren't connected to young society? For example, my brother was still visiting his high school and trying to fit in with the students when he was 20. So though he had adult responsibilities and society saw him as an adult, he was still connected to young people more than his "peers"

Never gave it any though. I do not think of myself as a being but more as doing or acting since I percive myself as in some kind of "motion" or other more than as having characteristics independent of doing/acting. My personal characteristics are defined by the doing/acting. That is how I see things and explains my phrase "is as does". When I was little and liked things that were "for girls" then I gleaned from being let know, or learing that they were "for girlos" that liking them made me girl in some way. But since I liked tings that were "for boys" that liking those things made me boy in some way. After awhile I kind of developed two "i"ls that I that liked and did things that were for girls and the I that liked and did things that were for boys. I did things that were for girls with girls and things that were for boys with boys. But always my sense of myself was as doing or acting. Even if I was feeling, that was a kind of doing. Seeing and hearing and the other sensory experiences were a kind of doing. My sense of "being" comes from doing/acting that casued me more intense or permanent feelings or that were done much more than other things. so my sense of age is based on what I am doing at any given time and how it relates to the concept "this old" and for all intents and purposed, I am "this old" at the time, or at what age I learned them. This If a am playing guitar, I am in my early 20's. If I am doing something that I learend parts of at differnet ages or had contact with at different ages then the concept is ageless. I've knwn about computers since I was 8 and the idea of programming and programming languages since I was 11 so I am right at home here.I got my first computer at age 52 althogh I had worked with them and programmed them from age 32 but those were the more formal languages (COBOL, Pascal and RPG). I would very much like to learn Javascript and Java and write apps. Anyway, back to topic, you might say I think of myself as a verb more than a noun

Seventeen, I graduated high school, got a full time job, had my own car I paid for and I paid the insurance and upkeep. I'd been working steady since I was fourteen and was paying my parents $25 a week cash for room and board. I often stayed away for days just stopping at home to shower and grab some clean clothes.

Hugs,

Freta

Wait, you mean to tell me I'm not still young? :P

But, more seriously, I don't feel like an adult. Sure, I have a job, an apartment, bills, and school, but I know I probably still do almost all the same things I used to when I was in high school. If anything, I'd probably fit in better now than I did when I was actually in high school.

After I almost died at the hands of an incompetent surgeon. I still connect with teens and younger adults pretty well and like most of them better than most adults who simply grow up into being a$$holes over time. When I cease wanting to be young I shall die. I can't do much about the physical part but the rest is mine :ph34r:

Bettypooh

In the spring of 1980 I would not turn 16 until that July. I had been working as a clerk typist for a law firm for more than a year and a half after school and on Saturdays. I wore adult business clothes in the office and was accepted as being responsible.

All that school year I felt I had very little in common with my high school classmates. I found I related far better with my co-workers and the partners at my law firm. Every day I counted down the final minutes of my last class before I could catch the bus to that law office. There I had a locker where I kept my office clothes. I used the staff ladies room to change from school to office clothes.

At the end of my work time I had to change back to my school clothes for the bus ride home. My parents and Granny had always treated me well and with respect. Fortunately nobody teased me at home because before bed I needed to pin myself into gauze diapers to keep my bed dry.

I was a poor college kid well after I got out of college. I was in my late 20's, maybe 28, before I finally started making enough money to get a newer car and start saving some money. That's when I felt like I was grown up.

Of course, I lived and worked in the adult world ever since I was 14, one job or another during the school year and a lot more hours in the summers. So, I was a kid but didn't spend as much time being a kid as lots of other kids that didn't need to work to help make ends meet. So, I grew up pretty fast but didn't feel I wasn't young until nearly 30.

I like BoTox always worked some sort of job since i was 14 for spending money. It was all partime because i played alot of sports back then, I even had some colleges looking at me in my junior of high school. Then my mom and dad split up,sports went by the wayside and work became very important and at the ripe old age of 17 and a half iwas on my way to basic training, fulltime job , benies would help mom alot.Within 10months i was on my way to a place called Vietnam for 1 year I made a little over 9 months there got wounded and sent home. When i was back stateside getting better I realized after what i had seen and done and endoured over there i wasn't young anymore. I had grown beyond my years not in age but mentally I was only 19 . I couldn't relate to my friends anymore they where still acting like highscoolers i was way beyond that Thats when i wasn't young anymore.

• Like 1

Ohh good one. Its funny, My boyfriend and I are each going to be turning 30 in the next few weeks. Even though we own property, a car, both have careers that pay well, with benefits... for some reason I still think of myself as being much younger in many ways.

I'm not sure why it is, but i don't feel like i'm a typical 30 year old. It could be because we are what is known as DINK (double income no kids) and so therefore we still live like our early 20's - taking vacations a lot, buying things if we want them...

But i knew i was 'old' on two instances - the first was when i was 26 and I was taking an intro to philosophy class and aside from one 20 year old in the class, everyone else was 18/19. It was amazing how young those kids were.......

The second was a few weeks ago, I was out with friends my age, and one of their brothers was there and he was like 22 and he says ot me "i've always wanted to be with an older woman" - What the hell i'm only 29!!!!

Very recently, as it happens. This past June or July, once I had my 'passing first year of college' down.

Was sort of the first time it hit me and I said to myself "You're bordering on twenty, having to shave every few days if you want to stay smooth, have panda eyes and you dun goofed these last few months." Sort of like slapping myself into realising I need to take better responsibility for myself otherwise my weight won't go down, my stress won't stabilise, and I'll lose the use of my legs.

It's propelled mainly by knowing where I am in my education. For the last year I was "University, fuck yeah!" and now I realise "Well...what are you going to do now? Are you really safe to travel for third year with your sense of direction? What about afterwards? Books won't write themselves and you need more journalistic experience."

Now that I pretty much spend more time in Galway than 'home' (well, where my parents live) I look around my room and realise that I'm not gonna be here forever. This resulted in clearing out a ton of my books and video games, and now I wonder whatever I'll do with my Collector's Items (that Skyrim statue takes up a damn lot of room after all), anime merchandise and posters. Few days ago my mother asked if I was interested in having my room repainted. My response? "Mom, I don't even live here these days."

But i knew i was 'old' on two instances - the first was when i was 26 and I was taking an intro to philosophy class and aside from one 20 year old in the class, everyone else was 18/19. It was amazing how young those kids were.......

Funny you should say that. Even if you discount mature students there's a pretty wide age-range for people first coming into college. Because secondary schools here have the option of taking or not taking a sort of 'gap year' (it's complicated) you can end up with 21 year olds in the same first year course as those who aren't even 18 yet.

Until the last few years, I never thought of myself as "old." I suppose wearing diapers for as long as I did kind of delayed my psychological maturation. Plus, I looked young for my age. Even in my late twenties, I still needed to show an ID to buy liquor. Over the years, through my periodic use of diapers, I continued to view myself as "young" or at least younger than I was chronologically.

Lately though, there's no getting around the fact that I am getting old. When you lose your hair, are diagnosed with arthritis, and start needing hearing aids, blood pressure medication, and depressingly frequent dental work, it's hard to deny that you're getting older and the body is starting to fall apart.

When I was younger, wearing diapers was a choice. Now it's become a necessity because of failing sphincter control. A little over 10 years ago, I lost nighttime bladder control and resumed wearing diapers at night. Just two days ago, I was having a weird dream about soiling my diapers and woke up to discover that I was indeed soiling my diapers. The anal sphincter had relaxed while I was asleep and the mess was slowly coming out. I haven't involuntarily soiled my pants in a very long time.

So, while I've been denying the fact for a long time, at 64 I'd have to say that I'm getting old.

I agree with a lot of previous posters that I'll always feel a little young at heart (I mean, I like diapers and watching My Little Pony), though I do feel "older" now. It happened for me after I turned 21. Yes, I was able to order alcohol in restaurants, but that wasn't the reason. It was the following summer when I spent six weeks studying abroad in Ireland, wherein I organized my own personal weekend visiting London. Then, before I turned 22, I got an internship with an Hollywood author and handed so much of his "busy work" like making deliveries, talking to his publishers, and writing my own interview article for his company newsletter.

Afterwards, when I graduated, I realized that the Ireland trip and the internship had given me a confidence to be responsible about my life and my work. I felt like I could take on challenges, which is very comforting in my current postcollege job search.

• 2 weeks later...

That depends on my mood, but generally when I reached age 25 I became more mature.

I used to crazy stuff like take recreational drugs, and/or get really drunk and act the fool when out clubbing,raving and at gigs, pubs, bars.

I still now act young(feel babyish and act slightly ab, but I'm mostly dl though) when I wear and wet nappies.But I never been in the position of a daddy role as I never had a partner who wore. But willing to try it out for the first time.

But I can be the domination type at times when I been in relationships or a submissive type.

I choose 18, I had graduated High School and joined the Air Force. I was on my own and supporting myself. I'm now 58 and still wondering what I'm going to do when I grow up? Life is going to fast. I have been at my present job 23 years, I guess this is what I'm going to do.

An interesting question that I now have an answer for. My guess is it really depends on what you call mature. For me, I have learned life has many chapters, and the lessons learned throughout each chapter help you get through the next. I remember my first engineering professor said the first day of class "engineers are life long learners," but I think this is important for everybody. It is a continuous development. Maybe maturity means realizing you don't have all the answers and what you know is minuscule compared to what's out there. I find the more you know (or rather the more you think you know) relative to everyone else, the harder it is to remember this concept. That can make you arrogant, hard to work with, prone to mistakes, and what I'd call immature. Then again, maybe you become mature when you shape your own fate and take responsibility for the decisions you make. By that definition, that would be 16 for me as that is the age I broke off from the normal path and did what I felt was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Of course, I do not see my AB/DL desires as an immature facet of my personality. It is quite the opposite actually. Since it is a necessity and an unwavering desire, ignoring it would lead to bad feelings. Embracing it on the other hand has proven to be quite beneficial. Therefore, I think it is a strength, not a weakness, as long as it is controlled. That is where the maturity comes in. You have to be quite mature to properly control these desires. With that said, I think that means most of us here...Maybe, lol, I don't really know.

• 1 month later...

You stopped numbering right at the age I would have chosen!

The year I turned 25 is when everything felt like it switched into "adult" mode. I was working on a career, done being a student, and married a few months after my birthday. It really felt different after that, especially when I changed my name. Right about that time some stuff happened with my family, too, that left me feeling like I had to be the "grown up" for my much younger sisters (fourteen and seventeen years younger than me).

I do maintain that I am still young, though. :)