LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Size Plastic Pants Should Do You Buy To Get The Proper Fit

I usually wear a medium in both cloth and disposables (though this has changed somewhat with Bambino messing around with their sizing :glare: ) anyways, I have medium sized prefolds but I have large size plastic pants. You have to go by waist and leg sizing on these, so read all that information VERY CAREFULLY! Most places don't accept returns on things like this!

A couple of odd things for me though, I ordered a couple of pairs of "comco' plastic pants off Ebay, and though they are large, and reading the description for sizing etc, I feel the legs are just a tad to snug and uncomfortable on me. The wide bands they use just feel ....'Odd' since I am used to what VI Products used in their design of plastic pants. Anyways, I was thinking that if I ordered more "Comco" pants I would go with the Extra larges because of the legs sizing. I imagine these would probably be HUGE on me, but the legs might be more comfortable *shrug*

or I might just order from babykins, as they look like more what I am used to, and from what people say they are the closest thing to what VI products used to make... I miss VIP! :crybaby: I have several pairs of their ever so wonderful pants, but I know they wont last forever! :( and that makes me really sad *sigh*

*sniff* so...ummm....anyways, yeah, pay close attention to sizing with regard to legs and waist..and if in doubt, order the next size up! .

There is quite a bit of "play" in the sizing because they use elastic bands at the waist and legs. My diapers are a 1 size fits many so that is not an issue

Sizing is a complex issue, depending on where you buy them. Comco has a limited range per size. of about 4 inches on the waist. A. C. Medical has a much larger spread. Now, in both cases, I am judged a medium. However, I am thickly diapered. Therefore I do not want the material tight against my diapers so I go one size up to a Large. The elastics are still tight enough to provide a good fit. The Babykins rubber panties seem to size differently and an XL is fine for me. To understand my diapers and rubber panties, use the links in my signature. I include size charts and materials in my reviews so you should have all that you need. Also, going a size up if you can puts less strain on the elastics so they last longer

Except for plastic panties designed for direct fetish wear, all plastic panties are designed to accommodate a diaper underneath :blush: There's no sizing standards and the best you can do alone is to carefully read all that the manufacturer or seller has to say about sizing of the particular style you're thinking about :( The best we can do is to give you advice on that particular style based on our experiences :) But we're all shaped differently, perceive 'tight' and 'loose' differently, and diaper differently so whatever someone else says that seems perfect for you may not be :o This is an area where only trial and error will get you the perfect one (or as close as you can get to that) so give us some specifics and you'll get more responses than you can imagine, for I know of nowhere else that there is this much experience in the wearing of adult diapers than right here on DD :wub:

Bettypooh

In agree with what everyone has said. Trial and error is a good way to go. Also sizing is important as far as legs and waist. Plastic pants come in many different sizes, styles and materials. There are the nylon treated pants, vinyl pants and rubber pants. Some have narrower crotches, some crotches are the size of a dinner plate! Some are short from front to back, like bikini pants, others are "normal size" and some are longer so they come up high in the back (great for sleaping when your diaper may stick out in back and leak onto your sheets). Leg size is important as well as waist. If the legs are too tight it will be uncomfortable, too loose and they will leak. A DL friend of mine has passed along several pairs of his plastic pants, either ones he dosn't need or ones that he bought and are too big for him. Yes, many were too small for me and I donated them to a thrift store. Some are really huge but work great! Some fit just right. Others have wide elsatics around the legs and waist.

I was searching the internet just the other day for adult rubber pants or adult cloth diapers. DO the same and you will find several good suppliers, some AB aware. What impressed me is several of them had a sizing chart. For example, one site said something like Large = waist 36 to 44 (39 the best), legs 20 to 26 (24 the best). They give you a broad range for fit but also state what inch waist and legs work best for each size pant. There are so many variteies of plastic and rubber pants that you may just want to spend a couple hours searching some sites and looking them all over. They are in the business of selling them, most are AB aware (you can tell by the way they discribe their products) and they know their products the best. They are there to help people find a product that works well and fits good, therefore they will have good size charts, etc.

Actually, I was hoping someone(s) would follow my lead and do thourough reviews of other brands. I would lile to try some others myself. I have certain requirements before I buy. Medium to heavy weigh material and well made so that they last, smooth material, full cut, high waist, a crotch widht of at least 10" at the narrowest point abd a reasonable price; ordinarily,: $17.00 and under for pull-on although Babykins rubber is a bit pricey, that is the nature of good rubber and they are topnotch

If I recomend something, that something has to be reasonable. and If you are so poroud of them, why did you not put a link?

Edley? There is a name I have not seen since befroe the Flood

You May be willing to pay out what your diaper covers for hand glued rubber pants that are vastly overpriced, and inferior product from what i can tell than the Level of quality and Perfection that can be had for a 1/4 of the price at Babykin's and i own a lot of Babykin's products they are all made to your measurements not a silly one size fits all type of thing, and why would you buy a kinky diaper Rubber pant at 100.00 when you can buy 4 custom pairs for that at Babykin's or maybe you are independently wealthily in which case just use 100's as diapers and i will change them for you once an hour to make sure you stay clean and dry and house remains odor free because i will lauder your money at my account in the cayman Islands.

Nappy

You can get the Priva's cheaply but you get what you pay for. You'll need to order a lot of them frequently if you wear daily :( Many of the more expensive ones are well worth the extra expense because they last a lot longer :) I'm quite poor so I'll never buy any at more that maybe $25 in today's $$$, shipping and all, but IMHO to pay much more than that for anything less than custom-made-to-fit ones is nutso :screwy: You pays your money and you takes your choice ;) And yes, some plastic panties are not made with a 10" crotch, but a 6" crotch works just as well for me over a diaper the way I wear them, and you will find plastic panties like those to be rare compared to the ones we usually seek for our purposes :mellow:

Bettypooh

How do you get by with a less than 10" crotch and a cloth diaper unless you change every hour. or so? I never had luck with narrow less than 10" and would prefer 12"

It is better to have and not need than to need and not have. Because of the nature of elastics, a person may be able to wear two adjacent sizes. A size chart shows a low and high number which means "from" and "to". This varies by brand. Comco lists the size steps in continuous nombers like 32-36, 38-42. A.C. lists like 29-38, 31-42, 34-48, and so on. Now in the case of Comco, I take a medium, but I can be in a Large with no problem, With A.C. a medium does very well, Both mediums would be fine unless I amd double-diapered, which is most of the time. The Comco medium would be a bit tight, the A.C. medium less so. But I am in Large. The key factor here is hip size. Since the waist size makes no significant difference but the hip size on the large is bigger and fits more loosely, therefore both the body of the panty and the elastics are less stressed and therefore the panty will last longer, and price is not a factor, I am better off in Large. Now leg size mignt make a difference but for me, It does not, even though Dolly Lisa says I have boney knees which does not seem ot stop her from feeling them as much as she does

There's company on the web called "physiosupplies", I get all my nappie stuff from them. They have great selection from plastic pants with sizing charts. From the home page you just go down the side list to "incontinence", they also sell Abena products as well.

P.S: No I don't have shares with them ! Lol

@ Maxmac - I'd call up a place like Babykins (or email, your choice), give them your measurements (waist, hip, crotch, and legs) and ask them what size they think would fix you best. Tell them whether the pants are going over disposables or cloth and probably relative thickness (ie some people prefer diapers thinner or thicker for their needs/wants) If there's any adjustments to be made, or if you desire a more custom fit, they will do alterations on one of their standard sizes for.... I think.... $5 extra. Since you're only paying between $10 and $20 per pant, you really can't beat that deal. (now you may have to wait a bit, as their custom work takes longer, obviously) but in the end you'll be getting EXACTLY what you want.

@ Christine - hasn't Lifestyles Emporium carried Edley for quite a while now?

• 2 weeks later...

I wear terry (cloth) diapers which makes me have a bigger hip size so my plastic pants are measured over my diaper so I get a comfy but leak free fit.

Likewise my shorts are always sized to fit over my nappy (diaper).

Hope this is useful.

I got my last Langs from Lifestyles Emporium a couple years ago :) I ordered direct, they charged my debit card, and they shipped them pretty quickly. I am totally happy with both the purchase and the people :D I do remember seeing something about them moving back then but I think that had already happened. I think they have (or had) a public sales counter at the warehouse too :thumbsup:

Anything can happen in two years but it would surprise me if L.E. has gotten so bad as to miss a whole order :o Anyone had any newer dealings with them? How did they go?

Bettypooh

"All plastic panties are designed to accommodate a nappy underneath"

Please excuse me contradicting you; in England the Readi, (used to be Sandra), plastic pants have only a six inch crotch, albeit with a welded in pouch to take a pad, but they are certainly not designed to accommodate a nappy, however they are perfectly all right for light incontinence problems.

You seem to be getting a bit confused with your manufacturers there.

Redi Pants is the name of Robinsons Healcares plastic pants

Sandar is Henlys Medicals plstic pants.

Robinsons used to make excellent plastic pants that were well made and sized and lasted a very long time, but the redisigned them and made them out of inferiour material, so they are not a patch on what they were.

Sandra Pants are much the same, they used to be a reasonable product, but those too are badly made now.

In the U.K you will struggle to find any decent locally made plastic pants, everything worth having is made in Europe or the Far East now.

Read the size charts!!!!!!!!! and try some first before buying too many of one kind. Comco tends to run large, babykins close to size, acmedical - all over the place. So i repeat, read the size charts and buy what is appropriate by the largest needed by leg or waist.

Generally it is a good idea that if you are close to the uppoer limit of one size to go up to the next. Not only is the body of the panty roomer, but the elastics will be small enough to accommodate you without being streched much so they will undergo less strain, since any stretching puts strain on elastics, and last longer. Comco elastics give out before the panty material does

I have some that are over 10 years old that I kept after the elestics let go. They are one of the most resistent to those factors that I know about. I think that it is the case that the thcker the material, the less and slower it deteriorates

Odd as it may sound, I prefer to have my pants a little on the small side. I just prefer a 'snugger' fit, my cloth diapers pressed against me...and after getting a pair that were far, far too large for me, I abhor when pants seem to come up to my nipples with ease. I own 4 pairs now and each one is slightly smaller than I 'should' be wearing.