LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bedwetting- How Old Were You When It Stopped?

Bettypooh

I needed diapers both day and night until I was about 7 1/2 years old. I finally gained daytime bladder control during the summer before starting the second grade. However, the bedwetting continued for another six months or so. I stopped needing diapers at night when I was about 8 years old. By that time, I was mostly able to stay dry at night or would wake up to go to the bathroom. There were still occasional nighttime accidents over the next couple of years, though.

I need to revise my previous response due to new information I found in some old family photo albums.

Up until I was 7 1/2 years old, it appears that I wore diapers 24/7 except on special family occasions like Christmas or my birthday when I wore training pants for a couple of hours at each event. By second grade, I was able to maintain daytime control for longer periods of time and no longer wore diapers to school. However, after school, for shopping trips, and family vacations, I continued to wear diapers until I was 14 years old.

My bedwetting and nighttime use of diapers continued until I was 10 years old. About that time, I was told that unless my bedwetting stopped, I wouldn't be allowed to go camping with the Boy Scouts. In the fall of the year I was 11 years old, I went on my first overnight camp out. After that, I don't remember having problems with bedwetting except as rare, widely spaced events until I was in my 50s when regular bedwetting became a problem again and I resumed wearing diapers at night.

• Like 1

I need to revise my previous response due to new information I found in some old family photo albums.

Up until I was 7 1/2 years old, it appears that I wore diapers 24/7 except on special family occasions like Christmas or my birthday when I wore training pants for a couple of hours at each event. By second grade, I was able to maintain daytime control for longer periods of time and no longer wore diapers to school. However, after school, for shopping trips, and family vacations, I continued to wear diapers until I was 14 years old.

My bedwetting and nighttime use of diapers continued until I was 10 years old. About that time, I was told that unless my bedwetting stopped, I wouldn't be allowed to go camping with the Boy Scouts. In the fall of the year I was 11 years old, I went on my first overnight camp out. After that, I don't remember having problems with bedwetting except as rare, widely spaced events until I was in my 50s when regular bedwetting became a problem again and I resumed wearing diapers at night.

So you stop wetting at night time first?

Sent from GT-I9300 via Tapatalk

That seems to be the case. I'm guessing that my extended use of diapers kept my bladder small and I had difficulty holding the urine for any extended amount of time during the day. Mine is a long story and you can read about it in "the Training of a Diaper Lover" thread.

I'm still a little bewildered by my toilet training and apparent continued use of diapers until I was 14. If it weren't for the photographs, I'd still believe that I was toilet trained by the time I was 2 1/2 years old. For some reason, I seem to have blotted out most of my memories about wearing diapers. I've asked my younger sister what she remembers and she doesn't remember anything. My mother died over 15 years ago and my father hasn't been any help. Of course, he's 88 and often doesn't remember what day it is.

I occasionally remember snippets of information or very specific events that were obviously diaper-related, but I have nearly total amnesia about the diapers themselves or wearing them for so long.

• 2 weeks later...

I wore a diaper during the daytime through most of second grade, and was definitely diapered before naptime and bedtime through seventh grade. A bladder cancer diagnosis six years ago at age 31 brought diapers back 24/7. Abena M3/M4 or DryCare 24/7 mediums work well for me, especially when using a size 6 baby diaper as extra padding.

I don't remember exactly how old I was, guessing 7-8. My mother got fed up with and hung a diaper over the end of the bed and told me I would be wearing it the next night if I wet the bed again. I did not, but I do think this is one of the reasons I enjoy wearing and using diapers now.

I was potty trained at 3. I've had tummy troubles since I was little, but still had complete control of my bladder and bowels for the most part. I would have a few daytime accidents here and there until I was 6...then I dried up completely. Then things started going down hill when I hit puberty where I would leak all day and night. I wore medium protection at night for the leaks. My bladder got to the point it would hurt by morning because I didn't wake up to fully release it despite the dribbling, and I could feel it spasming...that was until my mid 20's. Now I don't have any control, but I don't feel the horrific bladder spasms any longer. Most nights, I wake up in a dry bed now except when I have the occassional diaper leak.

• 4 weeks later...

I wet every night until the summer I turned 10, then it just stopped. I was diapered at night until I was 5 or 6. After that I went through the usual routine, restricted liquids, bedwetting alarms, etc. Didn't really work just had to grow out of it. I would have been very happy if I had been diapered every night until it stopped.

I wet the bed nightly until I was around 12, then a couple of times a week until I was 15/16ish. I was dry for almost 25 years when I began having problems again around 6 months ago. Went from a couple of accidents to nightly quick. Docs have ruled out all the scary stuff, but left me with no answers. Good thing I like "protection," lol.

Before I start, I would like to say that it always amazes me when someone can remember being 3 or 4 years old because I can not. I know my parents bought me diapers & pull ups until I was 9 or 10 years old. My problem was that I would go to bed and then I wouldn't wake up when I had to go to the bathroom. I would literally flood my diaper or pull up and wake up feeling damp. I would tell my mother and she would have to change my sheets & give me a new diaper / pull up so that I could go back to bed. My Mom and dad had problems through out there marriage. My dad drank a lot and my mom would use my problem as a way to yell at my dad which in return my dad would yell at me for my problem. i would get punishments when I did. At one point I had to sign my name on a ruler which was used for punishments and was even threatened by my dad to introduce some kind of shocking device which I now know was him bluffing.

There is a bit of confusion as to why my mom stopped buying me diapers and pullups for bed. I remember being really afraid of what my dad would do if I did not stop so I would really try hard and fail. I remember it getting a little easier to wake up and eventually getting to a point where it wasn't an everyday issue. However my mother claims that I would tell her how much I like wearing to bed and how I did not want to stop. she also told me that she had to bribe me to stop wearing. That is where the confusion is because I do not remember any of that. She said she told me that she would buy this game I wanted and in return I would give up wearing diapers at night.

Regardless the reason, I really never completely stopped having accidents. I just learned to hide it. I Had accidents off and on through out my childhood. I had accidents through my teens off and on. I would have a stretch of bad accidents a lot and then I would get back to not having accident as much and then it repeats. I would have accidents and I would just grab a towel from the closet and just cover over the wet spot going back to bed. it would dry and I would eventually wash my sheets and towel when my parents and siblings where not around.

Through out my childhood I always had a strong desire to wear diapers again but I did not understand it and mostly tried to ignore it. Some of you might remember me joining this site and a few of you should remember helping me as I was going through a really rough time. I had a lot of things going on. I just ended up giving in and wearing again. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. diapers and this site really helped me as I honestly don't know where I would be if I did not give in and not only discover this site but re-discover my love for diapers. Now that I started wearing again, I have begun to have the same problems I had when I was a kid. I want the bed wetting to be under control but I do not plan on giving them up because the happiness that diapers bring me is overwhelmingly impossible to describe as most of you know. :3

On a side note I will admit that when I started having the bed wetting problems more often again, I was happy to wake up in a soggy diaper. I think it made me feel like I was a kid again. However, looking towards my future, I really don't want to have the problem get any worse and I would like to get in control of my bed wetting problem. I want to meet someone special someday and I doubt that person will be into diapers like myself so I do not want it to be an interference and I want to be confident in sharing a bed with someone special.

Before I start, I would like to say that it always amazes me when someone can remember being 3 or 4 years old because I can not. I know my parents bought me diapers & pull ups until I was 9 or 10 years old. My problem was that I would go to bed and then I wouldn't wake up when I had to go to the bathroom. I would literally flood my diaper or pull up and wake up feeling damp. I would tell my mother and she would have to change my sheets & give me a new diaper / pull up so that I could go back to bed. My Mom and dad had problems through out there marriage. My dad drank a lot and my mom would use my problem as a way to yell at my dad which in return my dad would yell at me for my problem. i would get punishments when I did. At one point I had to sign my name on a ruler which was used for punishments and was even threatened by my dad to introduce some kind of shocking device which I now know was him bluffing.

There is a bit of confusion as to why my mom stopped buying me diapers and pullups for bed. I remember being really afraid of what my dad would do if I did not stop so I would really try hard and fail. I remember it getting a little easier to wake up and eventually getting to a point where it wasn't an everyday issue. However my mother claims that I would tell her how much I like wearing to bed and how I did not want to stop. she also told me that she had to bribe me to stop wearing. That is where the confusion is because I do not remember any of that. She said she told me that she would buy this game I wanted and in return I would give up wearing diapers at night.

Regardless the reason, I really never completely stopped having accidents. I just learned to hide it. I Had accidents off and on through out my childhood. I had accidents through my teens off and on. I would have a stretch of bad accidents a lot and then I would get back to not having accident as much and then it repeats. I would have accidents and I would just grab a towel from the closet and just cover over the wet spot going back to bed. it would dry and I would eventually wash my sheets and towel when my parents and siblings where not around.

Through out my childhood I always had a strong desire to wear diapers again but I did not understand it and mostly tried to ignore it. Some of you might remember me joining this site and a few of you should remember helping me as I was going through a really rough time. I had a lot of things going on. I just ended up giving in and wearing again. It is one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life. diapers and this site really helped me as I honestly don't know where I would be if I did not give in and not only discover this site but re-discover my love for diapers. Now that I started wearing again, I have begun to have the same problems I had when I was a kid. I want the bed wetting to be under control but I do not plan on giving them up because the happiness that diapers bring me is overwhelmingly impossible to describe as most of you know. :3

On a side note I will admit that when I started having the bed wetting problems more often again, I was happy to wake up in a soggy diaper. I think it made me feel like I was a kid again. However, looking towards my future, I really don't want to have the problem get any worse and I would like to get in control of my bed wetting problem. I want to meet someone special someday and I doubt that person will be into diapers like myself so I do not want it to be an interference and I want to be confident in sharing a bed with someone special.

This was a sad story. But i hope all is working out for the best in the end.

This was a sad story. But i hope all is working out for the best in the end.

Oh there are much worse stories then mine. My situation is not really all that bad. I love who I am and who I have become. Even if I had the opertunity to go back and redo things I wouldn't. I love diapers and I love that I love diapers! I am gay and I love that I am gay. I have had my fair share of problems (with more to come I am sure) but in the end it can always be worse and there are people who deal with much more and have had a much worse story then mine. The end of my story will work out! ^_^

i was originally dry at around 7 or 71/2 then relapsed when we moved just about the time my little sister started potty training i was 10.. ... for about a year. then at 14 i went in the hospital for a apendix and had a few minor complications and relapsed again until i was 17... after being dry for a few years i was a bed wetter for 3 years nightly and diapered from the time i would get home from work, and even at times i was 24/7 when things were really bad and i was having day time issues when my marrage was falling apart..

at 30 i began transitioning and things have greatly improved.. masinly due to a huge stress reduction and a much better life style but i still have 5-7 times a year where i battle a few days to a week of night time issues from a few drips to a flood

I was dry at night at 2, but started waking up wet occasionally, probably once a month give or take, when I was 11 or 12. It continued until I was in college -- I had several wet nights when I lived in the dorms. The last time ever was a few months before my 19th birthday; I suspect moving in my with my girlfriend probably had an effect.

after i was fully potty trained as in no daytime accidents, i was also fully nighttime potty trained. My bedroom was right next to the bathroom, and before my parents went to bed they would take both me and my brother to the bathroom again and they were early risers and my bedroom, being also right across the hall from theirs, i would wake up and go to the bathroom again.

So i never actually wet the bed..... BUT hahahah i would get up and go to the bathroom and sit on the toilet, go pee than fall asleep right there! the funniest part, i would sometimes be so tired i wouldn't undo my footy pjs and take them down! but its easier to change Pjs than it is a full bed.

• 4 weeks later...

According to my family, I was out of diapers during the day at 30 months and at night at 33 months. However, less than a month after I reached puberty just past my 12th birthday, I reverted to dribbling during the night. By the end of that summer I was wetting during the night just short of the capacity of a triple Curity gauze 21x40 " pinned diaper inside Gerber vinyl panties.

Because my Mom and older sister needed diapers in bed, that first time I dribbled, I immediately told my Mom. She did get me a doctor's medical exam and taught me to pin on my own gauze diapers.

In my case my incontinence became more profound over the years. The summer I turned 21 I realized I could not function without diapers 24/7. Despite the best efforts of countless physicians I still am urinary incontinent at 48. At least for me menopause will not include the terror of incontinence!