LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tips On Weakening The Bladder?

Ok well I still live at home and can't really get a hold of diapers so I don't wanna do the 12 month program but I would like to find a way to weaken my bladder so I have to pee more often and maybe have little leaks. I all ready have leaks but they literly just wet the inside of my panties I would like something a little more and apart from leaking when I know I need to pee I can normally hold it really well. I would like to have troubles holding it.Any tips on how to weaken my bladder just a little?

In theory. If you got a watch with an hourly chime and made a habit to get up every time it chimes, that would be more effective I think (if REALLY effective, ignoring the chime might cause wet pants?) The trouble is that you have to maintain the habit at night to see any results, that's why many 24/7 diaper trainees hit a plateau. They reach a point where their subconscious won't relinquish control at night, so by morning they've been holding it for many hours. Even if they let go immediately upon waking, they've still gone a step backward in any bladder shrinkage that might have occurred during the day.

For me it's more a matter of mind block than of phisical (in)ability. It has worked, to a certain point, to drink a lot and then force myself to wet in a position that usually makes is hard for me to release.

Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill) laying in the "Pussy Wagon" repeating to herself "move your toe"? Same here, trying to relax and repeating "let it go". It progressively gets easier with exercise.

"Use it or lose it" happens here for many, but as with any lifestyle change it has to be done with consistency and done just as if you had achieved your goal :girl_happy: In this case you need to forget about your bladder when it signals that you need to pee and let it go immediately when that happens. If you're a flooder, practice slowing the flow but never stop it no matter what, even if you know you're going to leak :o As this becomes easier begin to train yourself to feel the signal sooner and sooner, always letting go the moment you connect. Doing this will bring your bladder capacity down in your subconscious mind, and that's what you feel with so you will need to go more often. Releasing immediately will get you in the habit of not trying to hold it, and eventually you will find yourself already wetting before you notice that it's happening.

You have to do this all the time- there can be no 'days off' from the routine or you will go back to your 'default' state of being potty trained and have to start all over :( While you're doing this, overhydrate with water and be sure to drink anything else that makes you pee more often with that. Don't go crazy here, but drink a lot more than you feel like want to. Going crazy with overhydrating can be harmful- look it up if you want to. One method is to always have water with you and always take a good drink anytime you touch it or think about it. Before long you'll be flushing your kidneys and bladder frequently and well B)

When you reach the point where you're past where you want to go, begin slowly exercising control again, just enough to keep you where you want to be. In time you'll have relearned how you should handle your bladder without thinking about it :groupwave: I'm sure you realize that you're going to have to wear protection all the time or deal with wet pants as you do this. Like it or not, that is necessary so that your conscious mind will know it's always safe to pee. And that this is going to take awhile to achieve- that time varies for everyone. Some of the hypno stuff may help you get there faster- it's worth trying- but you have to remember that being potty trained is one of our most basic lessons in life- deeply ingrained in us and deeply hidden in us to the point where we have to work hard to find it and change it. The nice part is that you can do this if you want to- at least most people can. It just takes awhile and a strong desire to do it.

I've done some of this myself so I know it works, but I don't want it full-time yet. I have a strong mind so I can usually kind of switch this on and off. If I want to wet uncontrollably I can get pretty close to that in an hour or two. When I want to switch it off that takes about an hour or a very conscious and continuous effort to do it in less time. That conscious and continuous effort is what has kept me dry most of my life as my bladder has never been reliable enough to ignore like most people can do. This may have made it easier for me but if I can do it so can you. It might just take more work on your part than it did for me :rolleyes:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

Instead of trying for a weaker bladder, try conditioning your mind to go more frequently. You may not want a weak bladder later on. It's better for your mind to do the work so you don't have to recondition your bladder. Believe me, you don't want a medical problem if the option is to simply turn your bladder on and off with your brain. Since I can't wear and use a diaper all the time, I control the flow more frequently during the times I can get away with using a diaper--times when I'll be alone for an extended period so that I can wet, then wash and dry the diapers and waterproof pants and put them away before anyone gets home. But I certainly wouldn't want the "urgent" feeling too often when I'm at work, or to have "accidents" at an inappropriate time.

• 3 years later...

"Use it or lose it" happens here for many, but as with any lifestyle change it has to be done with consistency and done just as if you had achieved your goal :girl_happy: In this case you need to forget about your bladder when it signals that you need to pee and let it go immediately when that happens. If you're a flooder, practice slowing the flow but never stop it no matter what, even if you know you're going to leak :o As this becomes easier begin to train yourself to feel the signal sooner and sooner, always letting go the moment you connect. Doing this will bring your bladder capacity down in your subconscious mind, and that's what you feel with so you will need to go more often. Releasing immediately will get you in the habit of not trying to hold it, and eventually you will find yourself already wetting before you notice that it's happening.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's how I weaken my bladder. All you need is a few days to yourself.

Drink lots of fluids and keep trying to not pee, until you wet yourself. When you eventually pee, keep trying to stop the flow. Hopefully you'll manage to stop before your bladder is completely empty, so it won't be so long before it fills up again. If at first you find it too painful or are afraid that you might damage your kidneys from your bladder being too full, start letting little bits of pee out and keep stopping the flow after every leak. The idea is to tire the muscles you use to hold your pee in, so they are less capable of doing their job.

When you've spent a day doing this, do the same again the next day and you should find that you become more desperate to pee, with your bladder less full, than you did the day before. When you get the urge to pee, the urge will feel stronger than you are used to. Keep going at this and you should eventually find that you have to try really hard to keep your pee in when you get an urge. You go from not needing to pee, to needing to pee "right now" when you get the first urge. You'll find there is no such thing as a "slight" urge to pee. If you don't go and pee when you get the urge, and you manage to hold it in until the urge passes, you can be sure that the next urge will be stronger. With your muscles weakened, it won't be long before the urge to pee becomes strong enough that you are unable to completely hold it back, and will have at least some involuntary leakage. So if that's what you want, then, mission accomplished. :)

The more tired your muscles become, the more pee comes out when you start to wet before you are able to stop it. While this no doubt varies from person to person, I find that with my holding muscles weakened around 200 - 300ml of pee comes out after I lose control, before I can stop the flow.

Normally I have good bladder control and am not a bed-wetter, but it might be advisable to protect your bed if you try this. I have never had a full-on bed-wetting in living memory, but I have woken up after starting to pee a few times.

Like all exhausted muscles though, your holding muscles should recover when you stop intentionally straining them. When you stop trying to hold your pee in, and instead go to the toilet (or pee into your diaper or whatever) when you feel the urge to pee, your holding muscles should start to get stronger again. At least, that's what I have found.

On 2/2/2016 at 3:13 PM, babykeiff said:

All we need to do is convince our subconscious mind that it is not worth expelling the energy to keep our sphincters so tightly closed, which is easy once we convince same that the reason to keep them closed (the sole reason we allowed ourselves to be toilet trained -

• Like 1

Bettypooh, I can't argue with anything your saying except that continence has no value. I too have never been reliable and my continence is getting worse despite my best efforts. I've had to trade in my big girl panties for a drawer full of I continence panties with absorbent layers and a waterproof layer but I like to think I can still wear my lacy, racy ones for a special occasion once in a while. I have decided that when the panties can't live up to the task I'm just going to skip the pull-ups altogether and just go diapers 24/7. It's not a matter of if it's a matter of when.

Hugs,

Freta

My bladder is becoming progressively weaker as I age. I can barely hold on these days once I feel the need to go. It doesn't really bother me unless I don't take precautions. I agree with Freta that if something happens I'm glad to have a diaper on, usually a pull-up brief when I go out.