LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Conspiracy?

Let me start by saying I watch a fair amount of TV, I pay attention to comercials and think about what I see(Which is probably not what the companies want. Thinking is the anti advertising).

Depend has an interesting marketing tactic at the moment; they are getting people to try on their new products. Starting with celebrities/sports people, "I know you don't need one but would you try on one of our new fitted undergaments to bring awareness about *Insert charity here I believe it was cancer* " This is designed so the people who after the surgery have bladder weakness don't feel embarressed about having to rely on for lack of a better term diapers. Showing a fit that looks like underwear and helps with an active lifestyle etc. They are trying to destroy the Adult diaper stigma. While this is good for it's intended audience. It occurs to me that it could have a secondary purpose. I have seen articles that children are having harder and harder time potty training which is why they make pullups bigger and bigger. I have also seen that it may have something to do with the way our modern diapers are constructed. Feel dry, and take away moisture from the skin, quiet etc. Also removing the stigma for older kids, saying it's OK to wet the bed etc. So if Depend is reducing the stigma for older people and Pullups are slowly for kids into their teens could it be possible that Kimberly Clark/P&G are slowly attempting to phase toileting out so that they can make more revenue from dispoible diaper products from people for their entire lives? Ok. Let's be realistic a bit here. While I don't think potty training will ever really phase out completely. I certainly belive that companies like P&G and Kimberly Clark would love it if they could get people wearing diaper products for longer and longer and thus generating more revenue (Cause we know that diapers aint cheap)

Just random thoughts I have considered and patterns I have noticed, might be a little conspiratorial but yeah.

What are your thoughts

Elven

Ah-ha! What happens it that on 21/12/12 the diaper stigma goes away entirely

Actually this may be like batman: See how many famous guest stars they get for the commercialw. Riddle me this Depends. The the movie comes and we hear Jack Nichols say "Wait til I get a load in this", etc, etc

• Like 2

I agree with you, the target is clearly to create/expand/legitimate a need that is still not entirely perceived.

Here are some nice, larger (how they love the word "teenager") "protective undergarments" that will take away the embarrassment and disconfort of wetting the bed. Notice how they shifted from making them discrete to making them cute and eye-appealing. Add some forums where young guys and gals with enuresis and other wetting issues can sympathize together, add that Tena is doing the same for middle age girls and their Ooops moment (they carefully underline their products are not just for old fags but also for active ladies).

Then, read this article about P&G approach to Chinese market, that goes in the same direction.

Soon they will force diaper manufactures to write on packages that their products are highly addictive and can lead to Infantilism and regression :D

i think their maybe something to this theory.

over the years the sizes of diapers and pull ups have gotten bigger and tend to marketed towards younger adults, teens or children

that wet the bed or have day time control issues.

I beleive their trying to get away from the old stigma that only babies and the elderly wear diapers.

to market to only babies and the elderly would limit their potential revenue.

This :Crylol: ! Depends is a business, aimed for making a profit ;) So if they can expand their marketbase, they will. There has always been some need in the between-baby-and-adult market which historically wasn't well filled. Now that void is going away :) And like with any product, decoration appeals so why not? I predict that in time they will also expand the reasons for wearing, going from need to utility, much like today's Japan where wearing to avoid nasty public toilets is seen as a legitimate reason for wearing :D Being a business they will go as far as they can with marketing, and that will allow the other adult diaper manufacturers to gain similar markets without as much advertising of their own through the increased awareness :thumbsup: It's all for the good, especially for the ABDL world.

Bettypooh

What I've been saying for the past few years! You have to have a market base to sell your products to. Sure, there are incontinent people who need actual diapers, but look at the market that has been created by these companies for their pull on disposable underwear! They have worked hard in marketing their products to the general public and creating a need for them, even if there really isn't a need! Get people thinking about them and possible benifits! First point of any sales is to establish a need for your product, and you can do that in many ways! Have you also noticed that since disposable underwear for light bladder leakage has been promoted so much, you hardly see any actual adult tape on diapers on shelves in stores anymore? Why? Because the pull on underwear can be marketed to a much larger and wider group of people, they look like underpants (even more so now that the companies are making them look like shorts or colored briefs), and they are cheaper to make than diapers. Think about it. You can pay as much for a 5 pack of designer disposable underwear as a full bag of disposable adult diapers! Wider market base, cheaper to make, sell for the same price or more as diapers, sure! It's all about profits and how much a company can make even if they have to create their own needs in the eyes of the public for their products! Pretty soon they will be saying, "No need to wash underwear anymore! Use the disposable underpants! You will always have a fresh sanitary unused underpant to wear each day!" I'm sure they are aiming at eventually having everyone buying their disposable underwear to use as their regular underpants!

Everyone has made some very awesome points. Another point I had considered is along the lines of how with the better diaper technology it has been argued that it makes toileting harder, because they feel dry and there really isn't that much embaressment to it if it's all contained in the diaper and not showing on the pants themselves. Now I recall a few years ago Pullups advertised that they had a "Cooling sensation" that let a person know when they were wet (Playing on uncomfort to encourage training.) I really don't recall them continuing that. Perhaps it was too effective and actually helped with the training rather than feeling dry and secure.

So I suppose people will start to follow any trend that 1) doesn't embaress them, 2) is comfortable, and 3) make their lives easier.

As was mentioned hygene issues with public toilets I could also see them try to market it for long trips. Less stopping and using questionable gas station washrooms.

It really is a fun thought excercise.

im sorry. this is total bull. why are diapers getting bigger?

AMERICANS ARE GETTING FATTER.

I am sorry if this offends you, but its the truth. and by americans, i mean north americans. and the USA, as the fattest country in the world, is the main target. they make diapers bigger because kids are twice as big at age 4 now as they where 5 years ago.

of course the companies want kids to wear diapers for more years, its good buisness sence. so yes, the idea has merit, but its not the reason behind all of the sizes becomeing bigger. look at the small size from 5 years ago, and the small today. they havent added a size, they made all current sizes bigger.

Gizmo: I certainly don't agree with your assesment of the North American poplulous. Have you also noticed that kids today are BIGGER in general than they were years ago? I don't mean overweight but just larger in size physically. I have a number of nephews and neices that positively dwarf me in height and I'm 5'11".

It is just good business sense to expand your product market share. I don't think diaper manufacturers were in any danger of going under but they are certainly getting wealthier by promoting disposable underwear for everyday use by everyone. Now if they would put some more money into their disposable adult diaper lines and eliminate cloth-like exteriors then that would be something IMO :)

Gizmo: the main point is about the marketing approach that is changing to create new needs. This is not just regarding toddlers getting larger, it concerns many other niches of potential new customers (bedwetting teenagers, active women with leaks, men who aren't able to get the last little drops out of the pipe and then regularly find some moist in their undies, situation where "peace of mind" can be sold). Examples of this have been abundantly given by others in this thread.

What is sure is that they have now a much better weapons in terms of "quality of the product", compared to what they had 10 years ago. From their point of view, they have something good and with still plenty of unused potential and it's just a matter of changing people's preconcepts.

i agree that the population is growing in build as well as weight. however, as the target range is 3-5 year olds, or younger, if your family is 5-11, i would get them to a doctor. living in a family of nurses, i can tell you that even in canada, children being overweight is a major issue.

if they focoused on the adults at this time, the children growing up would still have the stigma that their parrents do, but if they focous on the children, they grow up not having the negitive feeling toward diapers, and therefor will raise more chilren without the same stigmas. then they do not have to focous on the idea and instead on the product.

my point was not that they do not have more places to sell and improve the product. my point was that a consperacy to keep humans in diapers for life starting by making bigger todler diapers was invalid. they have not ADDED sizes, they have just changed the pre-existing ones. and i attempted to provide reasioning.

Gizmo. Your reasoning is good. Yes I would imagine that the sizes are getting bigger and that Obesity is getting to be a major problem (I recently had a friend pass away because of it. He was younger than I am. It sucked) My point was more that they have products that are designed and marketed to teens where such a product was not readily available before, also with having "normal people" or "Sports heroes" try on adult diapers is attempting to erode the stigma that diaper wearing is bad.

Also I'm not really a "Crazy conspiracy guy." I believe that the diaper companies are really no more nefarious than other big corporation attempting to expand it's market and pad it's bottom line (You may interperit this as a diaper pun if you wish). I really started this thread as a fun way to get a discussion going, and there have been some quite insightful responses. *shrugs* So yeah interesting conversations ahoy.

well history shows that humans are constantly getting bigger and bigger. for example A chair from the early 1800's is about two thirds the size of a common chair in todays standards and I especialy noticed this while visiting turn of the century buildings in savannah. the ceilings were so low i was bumping my head on everything. Now as far as children getting fatter, I was a huge baby 11lbs 9 oz. but it was all baby fat. As a kid I was skinny, and very active. I do believe their are way to many inactive kids these days BUT it's not from parents being lazy and just plopping their kids in front of the tv. Rather they are becoming way to protective and fearfull of letting their kids go out and play. When i was a kid I would ride my bike from one end of town to the other, today someone would have called child services and had my parents arrested for child abuse. LET YOUR KIDS PLAY.

well history shows that humans are constantly getting bigger and bigger. I do believe their are way to many inactive kids these days BUT it's not from parents being lazy and just plopping their kids in front of the tv. Rather they are becoming way to protective and fearfull of letting their kids go out and play. When i was a kid I would ride my bike from one end of town to the other, today someone would have called child services and had my parents arrested for child abuse. LET YOUR KIDS PLAY.

It's not just the parents either, at least some of them. Look at what has happened in the past 20 years. When I was a kid, there were no sony play stations, nintendo, home computer systems, facebook, Ipads or cell phones. Kids went outside and ran around, played baseball, football, rode bikes, played games like tag, dodgeball and things like that. Now if a kid has a friend, it's not the kid up the street, it's a picture of some kid half way across the country on his Facebook account! Instead of going out and running around, lots of kids today sit at the computer either on the internet or playing video games. They have their Iphones permanatly attached to their hands and text message constantly (like the Jeremy kid in the ZITS comic strip). Is it any wonder kids today are overweight? And just what do you think these kids own children will be doing in the future? One last thing. Talk about how people evolve over years. Remember some of the old sci-fy movies, such as ET and Close Encounters? Often you see the aliens with huge eyes and heads but emaciated bodies. Supposedly they are so far ahead of earthlings in technology that all they use is their minds and their bodies all but waste away from lack of activity. True, it seems kids today are overweight instead of emaciated, but it works both ways. The point is, you need to use all of your body to keep it in shape, not just sitting around because technology has given us things like text messaging, computer games and facebook. Sure, parents have become more protective and with good reason with all the perverts on the street these days, but I also believe that many parents just let their kids spend their time on the internet and playing video games, etc., as opposed to having them go out and play with the neighbor kids. After all, those parents probably do the same thing, spend a lot of time on their own Iphones and computers when they get home from work.

Its probably both-kids are fatter (we all are) and pg wants to expand their market. Capitalism has a long documented history of convincing people they need to buy something, even if they dont. The best ones just stretch our desires for an easier lifestyle-disposable diapers as a more convenient product than cloth. 5 hour energy is more convenient than coffee. Wearing disposable underwear (its not marketed as diapers) is more convenient then cleaning yourself up every hour if you have incontinence.

It reminds me of all the drug commercials that are selling prozac and other goodies-convincing you theres a medical need for a product your doctors never mentioned, because really, you just realized you were depressed. Perhaps there are people out there who are just learning that little squirt at the end of a good laugh is really incontinence, and really, you should buy one more piece of plastic crap for the landfill.

Movies like wall-e and idiocracy are frighteningly on point.

you know I can luagh at freddy movies and slasher flicks don't faze me, BUT Idiocracy Is the first movie in a long time that has actualy scared me.

I do believe their are way to many inactive kids these days BUT it's not from parents being lazy and just plopping their kids in front of the tv. Rather they are becoming way to protective and fearfull of letting their kids go out and play. When i was a kid I would ride my bike from one end of town to the other, today someone would have called child services and had my parents arrested for child abuse.

Thats a giant cop out I ever heard. Parents to afraid to let the kids go out and play? So instead they simply buy em video games that they can sit in front of the TV and play because its to dangerous to play outside? I let my 8 yr old twins ride their bikes to my parents house 5 miles away without having ABUSE CHARGES levied against me all the time. Its so unsafe for an 8 yr old to ride a bicycle in public, because lord knows all those pedophiles that are lurking outside and behind every single tree may snatch em up and hurt em. Incidentally, my kids always have to go at least 1/2 mile to visit friends at their house as my nearest neighbors on either side are over 1/2 mile away. Hell their school is 5 miles away, and I let them ride their bikes to school in the spring and fall, but I guess I am just an abusive parent for allowing my kids to have fun as a kid and not keeping em inside because of all the dangers in the world

The reason more kids are fat is because to many parents allow them to play video games after school, or will drive them EVERYWHERE they have to go. One of my kids friends is no longer allowed to come over to my house, because his mommy won't allow him to bring his bike to ride home on(she insists on driving him everywhere since she feels sidewalks are to dangerous for him to ride a bike on since they are so close to the street) because I REFUSE to waste gasoline driving a 14 yr old high school student a 1/2 mile home. That is absurd. This kid is also a tad chunky as well, but he is big into PS3 and facebook though.

I limit how often my kids can play video games, they get 1 hour a day Sunday through Wednesday(school nights they only go 4 days a week Mon through Thursday), and 3 hours Thursday through Saturday. They also get limited TV time as well. When my kids are not in school, they are usually only inside when doing homework, eating dinner, or are grounded, otherwise they are outside playing on the dirtbikes, bicycles, 4 wheelers, playground, forts, etc. And none of my kids are overweight, unlike alot of their friends whose parents are to busy on Facebook to care what their kids are doing, and allow their kids to do whatever they want as long as they are out of their hair.

• Like 1

Even though you called my comment a cop out I commend you on they way you are raising your kids. That is exactly the way I was raised as a child and I'm now a very healthy and active adult. Kids need to play outside and use their imagination aswell as their bodies. But you do understand that you live in the perfect area todo so. It's difficult for a kid to go out and ride a dirtbike in more populated area's.

It's difficult for a kid to go out and ride a dirtbike in more populated area's.

In the city, we still have a little thing called sports. When I was in junior high, I participated in wrestling and track. When I was in high school, I participated in cross-country, wrestling, and even more wrestling in the spring. I have always been fit, and in addition, these activities teach you valuable things. It is cheap, anyone can do it. We even had kids with asthma and diabetes, so I better not hear those excuses. Of course, one sport I have been doing all my life up until now is waterskiiing through the salomon course, but that is an expensive sport (not everyone can afford that). Now, I play racquetball mostly. Much, much easier and cheaper than waterskiing and there are even free outside courts in most cities. If anything, I would likely make my child participate in a sport or get a job or at least something, even drama club would be fine. No sitting around playing WoW or Facebooking all day. Yes, people do those things all day long and I am not just talking about kids.