LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hot Weather And Diapers

BoTox

As the warmer months approach, I find my desire to diaper as strong as ever but my actual satisfaction is down due to the bleedingly hot discomfort it causes.

A bit of powder helps but about the only thing that really works is to go without.

How do you deal with it in hot weather?

• 2 months later...

But importing diapers to Antarctica is soooo bloody expensive :o:roflmao: When you need to wear, you have to put up with it. It's not the most fun part of life but then again you learn to appreciate air conditioning a lot more :blush: You can get some help by wearing cloth-backed diapers instead of plastic backed and changing more often ;) Those who wear for pleasure and not need may not want to make that choice but if you bring the discomfort on to yourself by yourself, then I can't feel too bad for you :rolleyes: All roses have thorns and you have to take the good with the bad to get any of the good. Hey, at least you can wear diapers even if they are bloody hot so look on the bright (and sometimes wet) side of life B) Hot diapers are better than no diapers!

Bettypooh

Still cold as heck though. I've already got arthritis and a bad orthopedic injury. I moved from Michigan to get as far away from the cold as I could. Give me sweltering heat any day of the year versus the cold of Hell, Michigan (an actual city i've been to by the way).

I am having this question today. It's 100 degrees in Illinois today and will be tomorrow. I have 2 days off and find summer makes my fetish go crazy. It seems so oppurtune to wear when everyone is barely wearing anything, but gets so uncomfortable.

I really love plastic disposables so they never breathe. Blerg

• 3 weeks later...

As a DL and not someone who is incontinent, we have choices we can make. If it's too hot outside to be comfortable or enjoy being in a diaper, then simply don't wear one or just stay in where it's air conditioned. On the other hand, if I do decide to wear a diaper when it's hot out, I don't focus on the negative things about it but the positive things. I wear for fun and why wear if it isn't fun? Yes, it's hot and when it's humid out you get sweaty and it can be uncomfortable! In cases like that when I do decide to wear a diaper outside, I wear shorts and I actually enjoy the feeling of sweaty thighes rubbing against a plastic backed soaked diaper sagging between my legs, especially if a cool breeze kicks up and blows up the legs of my shorts a little!

okay this has been working for me. I powder, put on an undergarment, then put a cheapo store brand diaper over that. The diaper, actually pretty much stays in tact! It's basically there as protection against leaks from the undergarment.

• 4 weeks later...

I also use undergarments. You could try a stuffer. Tranquility makes a good absorbent one.

I recently see Tranquility has a breathable diaper called Slimeline. There's also Tena Flex Maxi (and Super) and Abri-Wing.

A couple years ago in London, I wore underwear over my undergarment and it actually seemed to help me feel cooler. Sure it was in the 70s, but in previous years I didn't have the underwear over it.

• 3 months later...

Heat ya I guess but after 64 years I'm really use to it. The best thing is to change more often then normal. This cutes down on rash and odor. Both can be a big pain in the butt. Another thing is cloth is way better in the heat then disposables. If you do get a bad rash ask your doctor for a scripted of nystatin cream it's a yellowish color. Works almost over night

As an Aussie I can vouch that it's not been as hot as usually expected. Well, Melbourne at least. We've had a couple of warmer days above 35c but have averaged 25ish so far.

I'm a seasonal wearer, hot days are not fun at all especially those dry heat days... Phew!!

Last time I padded up on a hot day, I lasted all of about 2 hours, it just became too much!

• Like 1

If you can, try cloth diapers. Cloth is more breathable than disposable diapers, and is less likely to be uncomfortable... even if you chose a thicker cloth diaper.

Some really don't believe me, even with the necessary plastic pants, but it works.

Hmm, not sure I'd want to wear them inside the diaper. Probably would not ventilate the well enclosed inside a diaper. The Japanese fanned pants were interesting.

I live in Hawaii so can relate to this topic, sometimes in the summer time when it is hot and humid, I switch to cloth diapers. They are a savior. However sometimes it just does not matter. The humidity can be a killer over here in Hawaii and really being in a cloth diaper requires plastic pants.

So what to do? Well just have to deal with it. I love my diapers.... so just take it a minute at a time. ABRI-WINGS are actually not bad diapers to wear in the heat. Thick diapers is what I stay away from during the hot months.

Good luck

Aloha

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Guest stephdiapered

As the warmer months approach, I find my desire to diaper as strong as ever but my actual satisfaction is down due to the bleedingly hot discomfort it causes.

A bit of powder helps but about the only thing that really works is to go without.

How do you deal with it in hot weather?

Something to consider which is what I do, is change the style of diapers you wear during the day, or hottest parts of the day. I wear heavy plastic diapers usually, and in Canada, it's easy to do so. But in the rare event it gets hot, I switch to light, paper diapers like Tena or something so it's not as hot and itchy.

Guest stephdiapered

Something to consider which is what I do, is change the style of diapers you wear during the day, or hottest parts of the day. I wear heavy plastic diapers usually, and in Canada, it's easy to do so. But in the rare event it gets hot, I switch to light, paper diapers like Tena or something so it's not as hot and itchy.

Considor trying lighter diapers for hotter weather, like instead of heavy plastic diapers, try something like Tena or Per-Fits, something not so heavy and plastic. I love plastic diapers more than anything, but when it's hot you have to change it up a bit.

Guest stephdiapered

Considor trying lighter diapers for hotter weather, like instead of heavy plastic diapers, try something like Tena or Per-Fits, something not so heavy and plastic. I love plastic diapers more than anything, but when it's hot you have to change it up a bit.

Yeah Tena slip should work fine, Tena are a lighter diaper. I like really heavy plastic ones, but in hotter weather you will notice it and you don't want to do anything unhealthy to your skin which is why switching to a diaper that breathes more is important, at least in the day.

Guest stephdiapered

Yeah Tena slip should work fine, Tena are a lighter diaper. I like really heavy plastic ones, but in hotter weather you will notice it and you don't want to do anything unhealthy to your skin which is why switching to a diaper that breathes more is important, at least in the day.