LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are Cloth Really The Best For Overnight?

Yeah, im new i know.

But i would start it off by saying i have always had trouble of finding the right product for overnight usage. One i'm bowel incontinence thus resulting in me 90% of the time to wake up messy. I have recently tried the molicare brand and find them very well in holding mess. I want to go further though, something that i can 100% rely on.

So are cloth diapers the answer. I am considering it since there both cheaper and look quite useful. Or should i just stick to molicare?

The idea that cloth diapers are better for overnight really has to do with the speed at which they absorb urine, especially if you are a side sleeper. It's not necessarily needed if you are not a bedwetter, but if you are going to use cloth diapers and plan on messing in them, it might not be a bad idea to invest in some disposable cloth diaper liners to help with ease of clean up. You'd want to get your stool in the toilet before washing them, and having it on a liner would make it much easier. Here is a link to a website that sells them. Their parent company also sells adult cloth diapers and plastic pants.

http://www.clothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS/DIAPER-INSERTS

http://www.adultclothdiaper.com

Hope this helps!

-piper

• Like 1

I can't add much to the above, as it covers pretty much everything. But if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to Moli's, which are expensive, then cloth might be the better choice as they can be washed and reused.

Another thought is, if you wanted disposables and only use them for containing / managing a mess and aren't wetting them, then go with a cheaper brand, such as depends. They have a plastic backing, and, though they don't hold much in the wetting department, they do a GREAT job of holding and containing messes. plus they are cheap, so both your costs and poop are contained...so to speak. They have a high waist so anything that happens at night won't leak out and are rather comfortable. The down side is, as mentioned, they don't hold much in the way of pee (one good flood and thats it) and they are very N*O*I*S*E*Y, if thats a concern at all.

Just a thought, hope this along with the above helps.

Not a fantasy of sorts but would it be more practical to double up on the diapers or wear the insert (liner)

mentioned above and then simply wear a (plastic?) waterproof diaper cover over the whole shebang ?

Side note NO mention of wearing a waterproof diaper cover - or is this just a given that one would do that ?

And then there is problem with water (urine) seeking its own level no matter what position one sleeps in ?

With enough padding and soakable material not so much a problem except rolling over and squeezing

the sponge forcing things to new places that are maybe not so great.

Maybe this is a solution seeking a problem and may have been more thoroughly posted and discussed

in some previous area of the forum. But like Radio Shack you (& I) have questions and I like to be open

to answers and maybe the introduction of someone elses problem solving solutions !

BabyLock