LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper + Skirt = Win!

I never discussed what is for babies. so why you kept banging on about that, I have no idea. In fact I deliberately stated that I was talking about girls 4 and older. What started this was you saying that a skirt was a babydoll. Now, while you could use a long alasticized skirt for a babdoll, that is not true in general. As far as exposed diapers among the regular people. If a toddler's diaper was exposed more than just occasionally by accident it was considered a sign of slovenliness or poverty; "The kid's running around in his/her diapers". I've heard it plenty of times. In the summer of 1962, there was an incident reported on WPRO, Providence, 630 AM about a toddler found outside his home and the report said he was in "blue rubber pants". There were a few jokes made about his parents

I am talking about REGULAR PEOPLE: Aka "Joe Lunchpail" & family, The kind of folks I lived among

I never said that "normal" above the knee dresses did not exist. What we called the babydoll dress (note well, no uppercase letters so it was not a proper name or official style name) was just one of many kinds and was colloquial and used because of the unusually higH "waist", just under the arms. That was used in the area no matter what your background: French, Portuguese or Irish, all of which were strongly represented. I also said that that particular dress appeared to me to be a product of the mid-'60's. I mentioned it to note that while it was not a baby-doll, it was tangentally related by verbal association; i.e. "it looks like a babydoll". What it was officially called, I do not know. Above the knee dresses were common for little girls. Was your picture from 1954 or 1964?

If you don't care about my background then why did you bring it up smaking remarks about a "small town" (implying that I was some kind of "dumb hick from the sticks") or saying that I was "from Canada"?. You also made a remark that Syulvia's claim about a scarcity of material was a marketing ploy and some editorial comment about what I "seem to perceive". Frankly I am getting tired of your psychobabble. You sound like someone who is well schooled but poorly educated. I'll give you a piece of advice. listen to the Jimmy Buffet song about not talking about places you've never been. I told you that I am a primary source for the period and place of which I speak. And I specifically, over time, have stated that what I said referred to that place and time. Nor did I saysome of the things you showled or described that were called "baby-dolls" did not exist, only that they were not ALL that there was nor in common use AT THE SPECIFIED TIME

My age is important, as it places the "when"

You did show one thing. What we called babydoll as used with little girls was probably derived from something else by approximation. I had never seen the adult version at that time so the description of the inference of the term in Wikipedia as high-waisted for easy changes reonatied perfectly with what I understood. I did find that out later. Understand, I was between ages 6 and almost 10 and what I encountered on a monthy baies, and pretty exclusively, shaped what I consider a, and I use this term to differentiate, proper babydoll. But how many times have I said "from the time"? There are many forums here and I have been her for over a dozen years and very actively, so I have a large "footprint". Can you imagine what it would ential to bring that all up eachy time a post to set the context? There must be a minimum level of understanding of the context in which a very active poster is speaking form For the record, I am speaking about the area I lived in which means Fall River and Weatprot  MA and Tiverton RI and occasionally Boston MA and from the period 1948 to 1955 mostly beginning in 1950 and working to middle class French-Canadian culture, though Portuguese-American culture was also quite present

On 9/13/2023 at 9:37 PM, babykeiff said:

I tried to bow down to your knowledge,

On 9/13/2023 at 4:51 PM, babykeiff said:

I don't doubt that you are the expert not only on Baby-Dolls, but on cloth diapers and tiara's, but your expertise with Babydolls is limited to your own exposure to same

and even that is not enough for you. What do you want me to do

The lady doth protest too much, methinks!

... and it seems also to me that said person has nothing else to do in life now but protest and fight despite pages of evidence.

I am not here to baby-sit, pacify, or add to anyones fantasy, and for someone expecting me to do that for them without the courtesy of asking me in the first place, you know where they can go - as a result, I think I have given this person amply oppertunity and laid down enough for them - so from now on, that person is blocked, as what they say / post, is nothing to me now.

In relation to actual dress styles, see here and make your own decision.

No matter where in the world you come from, and the people that have left their own country for a holiday or exploration will be fully aware of this, local belief and attidude is local, and usually coloured by a few outspoken people. When one leaves the limited area of their hometown etc., they find out about how sheltered they were reguardless of the size of their hometown. i.e., it can be said about an Austrailian person (using this as an example since Australia is so large) it is not until they leave Austrailia would they be exposed to vastly different cultures, beliefs, styles etc. The terminology is 'small town mentality' which is incorrectly named but aptly described as it doesn't have to be a small town, but the attitude of one or more outspoken people can force a belief. The Catholic Church have done similar to a huge portion of the world population - so it doesn't have to be a 'small town' to have a limited vision.

Who was it that wrote two near dissertations  on the matter, much of which was irrelevant, and made some insinuations about me that were false to try to make me wrong? The parts that were true, as I said, were parallel or tangental to what I was saying, to which I was a direct witness or participant and I said as much in the body of the discourse. Does it not occur to some persons that things evolve? The F-15 Eagle has evolved, the original is retiring but it has given burth to the F-15 StrikeEagle still in use and the in-the-works Mach 3 F-15x. The F-111 could not be carrier-adapted which gave birth to the F-14 Tomcat. Both the F-14 and F-16 started life as dedicated Air Superiority fighters and were adapted into multi-role fighters proficient in both air-to-air and air-to ground missions. a thing is adapted to needs or wants. In 1964 the Ford Mustiang developed using the Falcon chassis and 10 months later the Plymouth Barracuda developed from the Valiant. The Dodge Charge developed from the Coronet. None of these cars looked like their progenitors, which were still being made The Colt M1911, the iconic "auto" pistol had roots going back before 1905

As far as I am concerned, this discussion is over since I have said all I can say and have repeated myself several times, and hopefully we can get back to topic