LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Snappi'S Question

For those of you who use snappi's to fasten your diapers, do you use a single one, as would be done for a baby, or do you use a pair - one on each side?

curious to try them

I wear cloth diapers 24/7 and Snappi's are the greatest invention since rubber pants, I love them and will never use pins as long as they are around. Saying that I use 1 Snappi #2 with my diapers. I am a big baby (46" waist) and they fit fine. They make diaper changes fast and easy, over time you can adjust them as your diaper get wet and starts to sag back to a nice tight fit.

I use snappi #2 (toddler size) Get some larger diapers that will wrap around to the front. I stretch them about 8-9 inches. I didn't like using them on my flannel diapers as they tore the fabric, but I absolutely love using them on my twill diapers.

These aren't made to stretch from waist to waist, so if your fastening your diapers on the side of your waist, these won't work, although you can try using one on each side. For that I would use the smaller snappi #1. You might also try the metal butterfly clasps/fasteners they use on ace bandages

A toddler size Snappi (#2) measures about 7" from side to side and as above, you can stretch it about another inch or so further than that. So if you're diapers are folded such that the two sides come within that distance in the front, you can use just one Snappi, otherwise you'd need one for each side. Also make sure that all four of the 'teeth' on each point are gripping the diaper otherwise they can come loose.

You certainly don't need more than one in terms of grip strength - these things hold on tight!

I've seen the Snappi's, but diaper pins are part of the diaper "experience", so I keep pinning them on.

I found the flannel pre-folds are much harder to pin than the flat diapers I currently wear.

CDL

I have to say after trying these last night I was very happy with the result. Very easy to use and in the morning my soggy diaper was still tight with no sag. I might have found a replacement for my beloved Snappi's

Well the second night one ripped, maybe I was pulling to hard. I might have to hold on to my Snappi's a bit longer.

Maybe someone can clarify something about using the Snappi on each side of the diaper. Where do you attach the center portion of the Snappi? Thanks

Pull down to the bottom of the diaper to form a Y shape.

Well I tried the Boingo fastener and not good for flannel diapers.They will be ok on gauze as the grippers will grip and stay gripped. Back to diaper pins.

I had the same issue with flannel diapers, they do work well on my night gauze diapers. Over all I will stick with Snappi's.

Paul and Everyone,

Currently I only wear ACD 2 ply 36" square "Gauze" diapers around the house and in bed. Inside the big gauze diaper I use Gerber Birdseye baby prefolds and a Pampers Extra Protection Size 4 as soakers.

Most of my life I have worn pinned gauze diapers. Several years ago there was a clip introduced with the claim it made diaper changing easier because it did away with diaper pins. I bought some of those, which did not work for me on either the thin wings of DPF Baby Heaven gauze adult prefolds or the thin part of the ACD flat gauze diapers. Of course for me and my loving husband using classic diaper pins was no problem.

So, when the Snappi system was introduced I ordered some. My experience with Snappi is that they do no more damage to gauze, twill or Birdseye than do diaper pins. One advantage is that the elastic of the Snappi prevents the sagging of gauze diapers as they get wet. Personally I have not found Snappi any easier to use than diaper pins.

My washable diapers are always worn inside soft vinyl pull-on panties. The entire diaper set is held snug by my Onesies, so the diaper does not need to be pinned overly snug, which strains the gauze.

My opinion about Snappi is that they are a great invention for those who are not experienced putting on diapers.

Edited by Angela Bauer

Just to add to what I said earlier. I use the birdseye cotton diapers from Baby Pants with the a single Snappi and have had no problems with either the Snappi or the diaper. What it has done made putting on a cloth diaper a lot easier and gives a much better fit as I have a 48" waist. As far as Angela's concernes go I am not sure just where her problems are. I do agree that fabrics like flannel might not stand up to the pulling from the Snappi.

Just to add to what I said earlier. I use the birdseye cotton diapers from Baby Pants with the a single Snappi and have had no problems with either the Snappi or the diaper. What it has done made putting on a cloth diaper a lot easier and gives a much better fit as I have a 48" waist. As far as Angela's concernes go I am not sure just where her problems are. I do agree that fabrics like flannel might not stand up to the pulling from the Snappi.

Paul I agree with you it seems the Snappi and Baby Pants birdseye diapers were made for each other. I to have a 46" waist and fighting with pins never seem to get a good fit, but with Snappi's I get a tight fit every time.