LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence And Flying

X-rays are in the high end of the electromagnetic spectrum / frequency range. Since light AND X-rays are all base radio waves (with a different frequency), it is understandable that a solid item will force said radio waves to go around it. Since magnetism is used to alter the direction of a radio wave, it is conceivable that a magnetic field, as generated by a pair / one magnet, will (bend the beam) distort the image seen by an x-ray scanner.

X-rays are in the high end of the electromagnetic spectrum / frequency range. Since light AND X-rays are all base radio waves (with a different frequency), it is understandable that a solid item will force said radio waves to go around it. Since magnetism is used to alter the direction of a radio wave, it is conceivable that a magnetic field, as generated by a pair / one magnet, will (bend the beam) distort the image seen by an x-ray scanner.

Where does this happen?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seriously though, has anyone been through a TSA back scatter machine (or whatever the latest ones are), wearing any kind of absorbant undergarment? I fly quit a bit for work, and really do wonder. They seem to see things when I leave something in a pocket. I always stop at the restroom closest to security and remove my Tena Guard, and then put another one in my underwear once I get through security. Although I do think I went through once with a Tena Guard in, but can't be sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think you will have any problems being diapered and travelling. I never have on planes or trains.

I prefer to travel by train for MANY reasons, one of which is the bathrooms are larger, which makes it easier to change. Heck they don't even metal scan you on trains, which has to be a super plus for anyone who wears a chastity device.

As where some have said to not play with the security/baggage/checkin/etc. people, as a full time adult child, I like to kinda play with them a bit, hamming it up a notch with questions like, "Can I drive the train?" "How many people check bags in here per day?" "How many airlines have orange in their logo?" *giggles* I mean I never take it too far, but I might as well make them think I have the intelligence of a child, and an excited one at that, otherwise I'd just seem weird and less normal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, don't, at least not in the US. They don't like that kind of funny there . . .

What wetman said. In the US, you don't say the word "bomb" in an airport. You will almost definitely be detained for questioning if the wrong people hear you.

• 11 months later...

I can say from personal experience that the TSA typically won't bat an eye at a passenger wearing a diaper. Sure you get some new kid that is still holding on to some idea they're not normal, but that is far from the usual case. The typical pat down will not need you to remove any clothing (except for your shoes which everyone has to do). It's only when some passenger is acting strange that they will pull them aside for more details. If you're not forthcoming then and only then will they consider a more detailed search.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How do you separate yourself at security? That's always been my biggest fear, getting found out by a large group of peers at the airport.

Flying solo, who cares. Its only the possibility of being outed in front of people I know who I would rather didn't that makes me nervous

Spargano

I am on my way back right now from a two week transatlantic trip. Outbound I had a catheter in, but then switched to diapers half way through the trip. I hadn't planned on spending as much time without catheter as I did, so I found myself not having brought enough diapers. Hence I looked up local medical supply stores, called them to find one that had what I needed and then went to the store and got enough diapers (they had Lille - they were impressive in fit and capacity, but weeped).

I enjoy the kick of shame when I show up and discuss with the sales person the right types and sizes for myself. In this case they gave me 8 diapers and didn't charge for them. Nice people.

On other trips I did the same thing: instead of bringing everything I needed I put myself In a situation where I have to figure out where to get diapers locally and then how to negotiate what I need. Think India...

How do you separate yourself at security? That's always been my biggest fear, getting found out by a large group of peers at the airport.

Flying solo, who cares. Its only the possibility of being outed in front of people I know who I would rather didn't that makes me nervous

Spargano

It isn't that hard. Let others go first. Take an extra moment to get my boarding pass and id ready. Take time taking off my shoes and removing my computer from the carry on. Let the person or couple behind me jump in front while I take off my shoes. Take the longer x-ray/scanner line. Just hang back as the others rush through security. By the time I'm in the scanner, they have usually all been cleared and are out of the security area. If I get patted down or my bag is searched, just I just shrug it off as the luck of the draw. Since I usually always personally pay for the better business seats, I'm always the first off the plane. This gives me time to hit the restroom and change while the others are deplaning and hitting the restroom themselves. Again, never any issue.