LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

New Temp Incontinence

Wow johnnee...you are something. This was quite interesting reading. Your updates are very detailed and specific. Your efforts are to be commended. (in my mind) Well I have worn diapers for many years since 12. There were a couple periods that I went a year or two without wearing them...basically I was tormented by the diaper demon. Apprx. 20 years ago I became OK with me wearing diapers so from that time on I always had a bag of diapers in my closet. Well Jan. 05 I had a routine operation done to correct an abdominal hernia (4th one in 12 years) so things didn't go well...

so much for the term ROUTINE. I was in the hospital almost a week...too lengthy to write. But as they were getting me together on the operating table they needed to put a catheder in. Well they couldn't do it through my urethra due to scar tissue build-up (I had a kidney problem several years back and I presume that Dr. injured me doing all the tests back then...that's just my feeling cuz I never had anyone put anything in my peepee!). So this Dr. doing my hernia operation was baffled, he summonded a Urologist to attempt to put a catheder in me but no luck with him either.

I had to have a supra pubic catheder inserted, that means it went through my belly into my bladder. It was in there for 3 months:( Was that a pain...I became a recluse because I didn't want to carry my bag around in public. Then when it was removed my Urologist had to do something to correct my urinary retention problem due to the scar tissue build-up. Surgery isn't the best option because it is in the immediate area right by the urethral sphincter so if he would burn that I'd be incontenent forever most likey because he said that the on/off switch, the urethral sphincter will get damaged no matter how careful he is. So what I must endure monthly is "dilation" treatments also known as stretching, these instruments are inserted to bust through the scar tissue, we are talking five rods that are graduated up to almost the diameter of a #2 pencil...is everybody OK? bear with me...

they go in after he squirts lubricating/numbing gel into my peepee with a sort plunger device. And the gel doesn't really help the pain. When that is done I must wear a Foley's catheder for 5 days...that is plugged and I void through the tube. The urine falls out via the gravity method. If I hold it too long the urine backs up through the Foley's catheder and leaks down the urethra so wetness is a constant scare. Or should I forget to place plug back in the catheder or the plug falls out then you have a constant drip which is embarrassing because when you feel it it is too late your soaked.

These things have happened to me during the year I've been going through these treatments. And you get that pee urge feeling they are termed SPASMS and that keeps you guessing too. Then when the catheder comes out I have little control for about 5 to 7 days because of the urethral sphincter's inactivity until it strengthens back up. OK now to the point: I wear diapers all the time now for protection. I was always a diaper lover before but now my enjoyment has turned to neccessity.

I guess being a long time DL has made the trasition much easier to deal with...there are several things you deal with daily that the person "doing it for fun" doesn't. Having an ample diaper supply, the going when you normally wouldn't. Camoflouging the diaper, which I do because I'm still in the closet but I am working my way out. I'm sort of a macho guy with a skelton in my closet, ha, ha, ha :) I've been dropping hints to my friends, they know that I've been going though the medical thing so now is the time if I wanna make it known. I will always be discreet but the fear of being outted was always a concern for me...and honestly I don't like that feeling of being embarrassed.

I want to be outted on my terms!!! My fun is wearing the diaper, it's sort of a personal thing. I have heard of people sticking things up their peepee to cause involuntary wetting...that is stupid to me. The urethra is so delicate one wrong move and you have a serious problem. Coupled with the fact an infection is serious business too. People are out there doing self mulitation in the hopes of being a real wetter. Johnnee at least you were smart and got a trained professional to guide you.

And your protection of him is honorable! I too get my diapers from HDIS johnnee...right to the door of my home. I wear TENA pull-ups and occassionally Depend Super Plus'. I have expermented with many diapers and haven't found one that doesn't leak. I usually go three times in a diaper so I'm not going broke buying them. I do wear plastic pants over them to if I'm going to be out of the house a long time. Well I hope my contribution was worth something to someone...

I'll be checking in and probably adding more posts to this thread. Good luck with the thesis if you do it. And I must say you have nice lady to allow you the diapered life...hooray for you both:) For the record my wife was always suportive of my diaper wearing too.

Jilly Poo you are right too, I have had a guy actually grab my crotch playing around and I know he had to feel it. He looked and I looked but he never said a thing and nor did I...he had to feel it! Johnnee wear them out proudly :thumbsup: Cloth diapers...I have heard a lot of positive things about them. I am going to get some soon to give them a try. Funny I'm too embarrassed to talk to my Dr. about diapers...imagine that. Man if I could get them to pay for them that would be great. Hum... :)

Till next time ... Huggie :biker_h4h:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neo52450

Hey Johnnee, just an idea... incase you forget to grabe your backpack again.... wy not get another backpack and have some supplies in it and leave it in the trunk of your car?

Hello everyone, I am new on this site but wanted to share this news with the right group. A little about me, i am in my late 20's and wanted to be a bed wetter for quite some time. When I was in college I was very good friends with a guy ( names omitted ) who became a Urologist. He is in the western PA region. Anyways, I heard about the new proceedure using Botox to cure overactive bladders, or in certain areas of the muscle in the bladder area, relaxes the sphinctor muscle to help void more fluid. I was a little to embarrassed to tell him the real reason I wanted to do this, so I told him that I was doing research and wanted to write a paper ( since I am going for my masters) on daily life dealing with incontinence. It took a little persuasion, but he did perform the 4 minute process. It was slightly uncomfortable, they actually go into the bladder, and with a small camera and a catheter looking needle inject small amounts of Botox in specific areas. Since this wasnt what this process was designed to do, he tried a small dose, removed the instrument and waited about 20 minutes. I noticed little to no leakage. He applied the lubricant to the cath and did it a second time, this time I felt a pinch or two. Once he removed his equipment, the results were instant. He gave me some antibiodics, and instructed me to drink lots of fluids to prevent infection. He gave me a few condom catheters to get me home, so I stopped at the local grocery store to buy a pack of depends. Once I got home I pitched the cath's,,, this proved to be a big mistake. When drinking lots of fluids, it doesnt take long to go thru a pack of diapers, when I got down to the last few I drove back to the store to get more, but leaked out the side while driving. What a mess. I got a little frustrated, went home and changed clothes and a new depends, now down to one. Bought 2 packs until I could mail order at a better price. The process worked a little too well, I have a constant dribble that wont stop, the part that freaks me out is when I want to pee in the toilet, I cant. I cannot relax a muscle I cant feel or control. Needless to say, I am so glad this is a temp situation. He said it will last 3 to 5 months. I am not sure that I like this situation I got myself into, it was cool the first 5 days or so, now a cant wait for June. I have had 4 accidents at work, I actually went back and got some more condom cath's for when I am at work. They dont stick all that well, so I wear depends underwear with them. The adheasive is really starting to bother me, I may have to try something else. I will keep you updated with my progress, I have a couple more sites to post,,,,,,,,

I had the botox treatment as well, and there are some things you left out.

1) you do know that botox is very expensive (€ 250) and not every health insurance covers it?

2) you cant go home right away, you need to have that catheter (urethral type) in until the next morning until the swelling is gone. As far as I understood it, you left right away.

3) they dont give antibiotics after such a surgery, its only an injection.

4) how could you feel a pinch? with local anaestethics you cant feel anything while they're busy, and dont tell me he didnt use anaetethics as an injection in the sphincter is extremely painfull.

My urologist only injected a bit on the edges of the sphincter, just like it is officially done, this left me only very very lightly incontinent, I leak a few drops when having a full bladder and trying to hold it.

When I bend over, I tend to get a very urgent urge, and sometimes it even is too urgent, in the way that I am a bit too late, but not often.

Thats what I wanted to share...

I had the botox treatment as well, and there are some things you left out.

Although you make some interesting comments, it does not neccesarily mean Johnee is incorrect. In each case it can be different due to different doctors, medical systems and health plans.

Again. Thank you Johnee you are giving us an interesting look into a different world. Hope life is getting better.

So how goes the battle johnnee? It's been a few days since your last post. I know you're traveling and I hope the trip goes well. However I do hope when you get a few minutes you can update the board on your endeavour. Best Wishes.

dw

Had you not worn diapers much before this? Sounds like you jumped in the deep end! I have worn 24/7 for 3-4 years now and still have control but I don't think about it much anymore, so I often can't tell you if I've wet or not. I do wet at night though, that was relearned with practice.

But over the years I have had my share of leaks and tried all the diapers on the market. I use Molicare Super Plus during the day and usually cloth at night. As a side or stomach sleeper, cloth is the only reliable method, though I'll wear a Molicare on occasion.

I won't go into great detail, but in general, Molicare Super Plus or Abena X-Plus are worth the extra cost because you can wear fewer per day. Wearing only Molicare's, I can typically wear 3/day. One all day at work, one in the evening, and one overnight. If I have drank a lot before bed, I will leak usually out the front since I'm on my stomach most of the time. Always annoying when you leak out the front and the back is dry, but that's life sometimes. Doubling a Molicare will prevent this but at twice the cost.

With all disposables, don't pull the tapes super tight or they will slip. Some are more prone to failure than others. I cannot keep Abriform X-Plus on without adding packing tape, but Molicare is usually fine (though in the past there were lots of problems, the new design they use works fine.) Wearing plastic pants over plastic diapers does nothing to contain leaks unless there is something in between to absorb it. Depending on the extent of the leak, I've heard some use a pair of underwear in between, for night use I have used an "all in one" from Babykins which is a waterproof cover and diaper in one.

The more water you drink the less concentrated your urine will be, the less (if any) it will smell, and the more effective the gel in diapers will be. I avoid high gel diapers like Molicare Super (not plus) because while it theoretically holds more, in practice the gel is far more unstable and clumps in the bottom of the diaper once wet. Also, in Abriforms, the gel captures the wetness right away and won't accept more, so later wettings need to cross the diaper to the back to find dry gel. This can result in leaks when plenty of the diaper is still dry. One thing that can help this is to not tape the diaper as tight so as the gel expands it is not pressing tightly against your skin. Having some available space leaves room for it to run to another part of the diaper.

Rashes are best prevented by shaving/trimming down there. Some use a blade, I use a beard trimmer and just keep it short. Having hair there is the quickest way to a rash. Obviously desitin is the best way to go for that. It's 40% zinc oxcide, most others are 20% or less. Also, diaper rash is a fungus so athletes foot creams are very effective in my experience.

You might make changing kits like I do for work... I take the plastic grocery bags we all accumulate and put a Molicare in a bag then fold it and stack several in another bag and keep it in a cabinet in my cube. Then if I need a change, I just take one with me to the bathroom. Looks like a grocery bag, and the bag is a good way to dispose of the wet one. The fact that I don't return with the bag is not noticed. The trick is simply to act natural, not look guilty or nervous. This takes practice and experience though... lots and lots. But I can tell you that unless you draw attention to it, people will not notice no matter how bulging your jeans are. Just get a size or two larger, or baggy/pleated ones and it's fine. For nights out drinking or to a movie, don't hesitate to double up. Take a diaper and cut a series of diagonal slits maybe an inch or two long down the middle of the diaper. Put this one on first (obviously!) and then put the second one on over it. If they are high gel diapers, make sure not to take the second one too tight or it'll tend to leak out the side.

For buying diapers, check out:

www.xpmedical.com

www.magicmedical.com

www.abaip.com

which will all generally be cheaper than HDIS. The last one is owned by an incontinent gentleman so feel free to ask questions.

Michael

I don't quite know what to make of this thread.

I've had urge incontinence and have worn diapers 24/7/365 for many years. And I almost never have leaks day or night, anywhere. Maybe once or twice a year my trousers get a little damp in the crotch or my pajamas in the morning or a little damp. But no major leaks.

The advice that you've received about Molicare and Abriform is very good. I would also recommend Tena Super for daytime use. The Tenas are somewhat trimmer and easier to conceal under clothing during the day.

To close, I'd just note that competence is as important when dealing with incontinence as it is in any other sphere of life. Wearing diapers 24/7 without any muss or fuss requires a bit of attention to detail. But it's possible to do it without hassle or embarrassment if you try.

How can I become completely and totally incontient at all time without any control over it at all.

Sorry to be a downer but this thread is not about how you or someone else can become incontinent. This is really more about how someone has already become incontinent and his experiences dealing with it.

If you want to find out more try the thread "Make Me Incontinent"

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=3198

How can I become completely and totally incontient at all time without any control over it at all.

You really don't want to go there. I was lucky. Doctors managed to reverse my fecal incontinence. There is nothing worse than sitting at your desk (at your job) with a shit filled diaper. If it was really bad I would go home to change. Trust me. You don't want fecal incontinence!

I do not understand why anyone would want to become incontinent. I have had this problem since 99 it sucks. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. incontinance is a bigpain in the $#%

Hello. Me agian. Well I have had a few to drinks, well lets face it alot. A friend of mine just dropped me off at my house. I am soaked and trashed..... Actually, I am trying to find a way to explain this to my friends. I am leaking like a river,,,,,,,, this is really getting annoying, but I dont know how to stop it. I had about 12 beers, and 2 shots. Its almost like it hurts to have a secrete, so thats why I am going to tell my friends, I hope they understaand, well here it goes. I am calling them now,,,,,,

Johnee:

It's pretty standard for drunks to pee themselves.... :drive1:

I have a suggestion for you: Why don't you look up a "cunningham clamp" and see if that helps you any.

Dill Pickle

Hello,,,, Its me again. Sorry for the lapse in time, I have had a few problems. My company had some issues, so I got laid off for a few weeks. That being said, my internet and home phone got shut off for a while,,, thats embarrasing. Anyways, Its nice to be back. As far as progress goes, not much has changed since the last post. I have learned to adapt to my situation quite well. I have done a few things to help,,,, I have tried just about every diaper out there,,, there are a few bad ones,,, but the Molicare seems to be the best for me. They are a little expensive,,,, especially when you are laid off. There were a few days that I only changed my diapers 2 times thru out the day. I must say now that its getting warm out, that becomes a little uncomfortable. I did stoop to a new low level, my girlfriend had some maxi pads under my bathroom sink, so since I couldnt afford to change as often as I needed, I added a pad everyonce and a while. This worked for a couple of days til they were about gone. My girlfriend saw the wrappers in the bathroom trash and got a little mad at me. She said I should of thought this thru a little more.... She actually had to buy my last 2 cases of molicare's on her credit card. I hopefuly only need to deal with this for about another month. Cant wait for that. If givin the chance to get this done again,,,, I would definatley NOT do it. If it was only for 2 weeks or so,,, no problem. The part that bothers me is there is no specific time frame, only an estimate to becomming contintent. Well I have a few things to take care of before I go to sleep, I will check back in a day or two.

Hello,,,, Its me again. Sorry for the lapse in time, I have had a few problems. My company had some issues, so I got laid off for a few weeks.

Johnee, those issues with you or were they real business problems?

A "Cunningham clamp" will set you back about $40, but you will save it in diapers. What it does is clamps on the outside of your penis and holds the urethra closed.

Good Luck

Dill Pickle

Interesting read here.... There are things you could never imagine. I've been a AB/DL for years now and always thought it would be great to be incontinent. Be careful what you wish for. I've had several side effects of being a diabetic for 31 years lately, luckily not kidney failure but sever infections that have taken it's toll (hopefully not for long) and I'm incontinent now. AB's don't look at the whole situation (myself included when I was wishing it would be nice to have no control). I know you touched on it. It's not cheap. I found that the Equiline brand diapers can be found on sale for about $8. They work a little better for me than Depends. Where I'm at the only diapers you can get in stores are Depends and store brands. All the store brands sucks except the Equiline brand. I really don't see why the stores carry their generics. I need to change myself every 2-3 hours and even then I make sure to have a change of pants handy for those times when I leak and have a damp crotch. I just found out about Abri's and ordered some different types to see how well they work. From what I've read it seems they hold alot, hopefully I can strech the time between changing’s. Let me say for guy’s (I can't imagine females have it any better), changing a diaper in the bathroom is not a psychologically friendly experience, not to mention sleeping. I will guarantee leaks during the night with the products you buy at the store. I have to use a doubler at night. Now don't forget to include into the budget wipes for cleaning up and products to deal with rashes(hey these are the hidden cost you don't think about(these are not role play things but necessities.

Luckily I work at a smaller hospital where everyone knows each other and the ER staff are just incredible. They are very understanding, supportive and have a locker set aside and let me be by myself in the locker room when I need to use it. I don't know what I would do if I worked else ware. Some other things to consider. My freinds know I have a problem but when I talk or email with them the most common thing I hear is "What's up? I haven't seen you in a long time" Changing your diapers at as friend house is not fun. Don't forget about buying chair/bed pads to save your furniture and finding a girlfiend that wants to be with someone that has a bladder control problem. Just some things to think about from my experience... I'm not judgeing cause being an AB, I've been there and thought that, but UI (god bless the bowel incontinent, I can only imagine the isolation you're going through) is not the fun play in the park you may fantasize about.. Johniee, thanks for starting this thread and putting youself in other people's shoe's.....