LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Making The Switch

I've been a big fan of the very absorbent disposable products (Abena, Dry 24/7, Molicares etc) for quite some time, but my conscience is telling me that the time is nigh to begin exploring the world of cloth products, so that my recreational wearing is in sync with my distaste for over-consumption of our earth's resources. So my question is this... How much cloth would it take to contain heavy overnight wettings... I'm talking 2 liters plus?

I was looking at adultclothdiaper.com, and I see that they sell the "leakmaster" nighttime pre-folds, and was thinking about starting off by checking that product along with a booster (and pants, of course). But, the rub is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of figure regarding the overall capacity of these products... Does one need to wear multiple diapers (2, 3, more?) at once to reach the capacity of the euro disposables? Would the thickness raise your butt up enough to cause chiropractic distress? What would be a good first order to create an effective diapering situation for one night so that leakage onto the mattress was not an issue.

So many questions, I know... but any advice / ideas would be appreciated. Cheers!

I've been a big fan of the very absorbent disposable products (Abena, Dry 24/7, Molicares etc) for quite some time, but my conscience is telling me that the time is nigh to begin exploring the world of cloth products, so that my recreational wearing is in sync with my distaste for over-consumption of our earth's resources. So my question is this... How much cloth would it take to contain heavy overnight wettings... I'm talking 2 liters plus?

I was looking at adultclothdiaper.com, and I see that they sell the "leakmaster" nighttime pre-folds, and was thinking about starting off by checking that product along with a booster (and pants, of course). But, the rub is that there doesn't seem to be any kind of figure regarding the overall capacity of these products... Does one need to wear multiple diapers (2, 3, more?) at once to reach the capacity of the euro disposables? Would the thickness raise your butt up enough to cause chiropractic distress? What would be a good first order to create an effective diapering situation for one night so that leakage onto the mattress was not an issue.

So many questions, I know... but any advice / ideas would be appreciated. Cheers!

Depending on your volume, if a single disposable won't hold your overnight capability, one cloth diaper probably won't either. I'd estimate that it takes at least two thick cloth diapers to equal one Abena X-plus/Molicare Super type capacity from my meager testing some years back. Without SAP, the cloth doesn't hold as well so it requires much more volume to acquire and hold the urine. Plan on at least one overnight diaper and two inserts for a starting point at a leak free night. Also, proper technique with tucked in plastic pants is going to be necessary. From there you will know if you need another diaper and/or more inserts.

• Like 1