LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Little Known Facts

DailyDi

1. In Kansas, it's perfectly legal to carry a loaded handgun in a fishing boat. But it's illegal to use it to shoot rabbits.

2. It's also illegal here to "noodle" (catch fish with your hands), or to use a harpoon gun. You can, however, use a handheld harpoon to spear fish with.

3. Also, the police and anyone called to assist the police may use weapons that're illegal to the general populace. This includes machineguns, explosives, switchblades, brass knuckles, conceiled firearms, disguised firearms (such as a cane gun), and concealed and disguised blades (such as cane sword).

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its still legal to shoot a scotsman in York with a cross bow

Its still legal to shoot a welshman in Chester with a bow

All englishmen over the age of 11 are still suppose to by law practice on a sunday with a longbow

Not true, in the first two cases, exemptions need to exists in ALL acts which cover a crime for the act to remain legal, and for all of them, they've all been repealed anyway. You'd easily be hauled before the beak under various charges even if the first two were still valid: Possession of a deadly weapon with intent, murder, GBH with intent, you get the idea.

Regardless:

Statute Law Revision Act, 26 & 27 Vict. c.125 (1863)

Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969, c. 52.

Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1973.

etc. etc. etc.

... nice try though :P

EDIT:

..."In the UK a Hackney cab (taxi) must have a bail of hay in the back of the cab (going back to when they were horse drawn)"..

Again - repealed.

i think these where funny facts, and, a funny old law that may or may not be on the books is still a funny fact, repealed or not. no more be buzz killington, they didn't even say it was still around.

The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.

Henry Ford, father of the charcoal briquette, did not make the first vehicle. and stole the engine idea when he did make a car.

....Henry Ford, father of the charcoal briquette, did not make the first vehicle. and stole the engine idea when he did make a car.

That is a well known fact.

Interesting you mention him as "father of the charcoal briquette." Do you know the story behind it and why the most popular brand of charcoal today is Kingsford?

What Ford did was make a car affordable by the masses. I'm laughing with you. There have been so many ideas stolen from the originators and used for massive profit by others that it's not funny. (Sorry, I'm losing it. I had several examples in mind, but forgot them.) One example is the Superman comic book & movie franchise. The original two writers/artists sold the rights very cheaply. I think they continued to work for the company that bought them out. Years later they had to sue & won major cash from the profits of the franchise.

Not related, other than Ford. Sadly, I watched Piquette Plant #2 burn down over 10 years ago. Piquette #1, where he set up operations after moving out of his garage, AFIK is still standing. Last I heard, again years ago, it is being restored as a museum.

In Alberta it will soon be illegal to drive while drinking coffee, smoking cigarettes, or holding the wheel with one hand :huh:

A bit of sarcasm & joking. :lol: My brother had a stroke, is handicapped, and has no function on his right side. He drives one handed and one foot, both left side. How will they handle him?

What about drinking a pop? We both do that often.

Not true, in the first two cases, exemptions need to exists in ALL acts which cover a crime for the act to remain legal, and for all of them, they've all been repealed anyway. You'd easily be hauled before the beak under various charges even if the first two were still valid: Possession of a deadly weapon with intent, murder, GBH with intent, you get the idea.

Regardless:

Statute Law Revision Act, 26 & 27 Vict. c.125 (1863)

Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1969, c. 52.

Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1973.

etc. etc. etc.

... nice try though :P

EDIT:

..."In the UK a Hackney cab (taxi) must have a bail of hay in the back of the cab (going back to when they were horse drawn)"..

Again - repealed.

i donno...believe you or believe the Times...

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/law/article2251280.ece

im for the times meself :thumbsup:

but nice try

I think there is one in georgia that is illegal to eat cherry pie(They're the peach state after all)

theyre not referring to desserts here.....

Kenny Rogers (of "The Gambler" song and movie fame, for those not keeping score) doesn't like to gamble and claims not to know how to play poker.

Gambling is a metaphor the song is about life in general

i donno...believe you or believe the Times...

http://business.time...icle2251280.ece

im for the times meself :thumbsup:

but nice try

Of course, you should ALWAYS believe what you read in the press. They'd never make an inaccurate, misleading or sensationalist article using sources who would be happy to say anything for the free publicity they get, regardless of the accuracy.

My point stands though: if someone "shot a scotsman in York with a cross bow" or "a welshman in Chester with a bow" (and got caught), they'd get tried under one crime or another and almost certainly convicted if the evidence stood up. As I said, such actions are crimes which cannot be provided an "exemption" unless said exemption covers ALL acts which can be used to prosecute the offence ... that and of course local bylaws etc. are always trumped by acts of parliament. Please no one test this, it should be obvious I'm right on this point and I don't think the poor (scots|welsh)man would be too happy about it.

Bootnote - that article is from a good four years ago - a lot has changed (for example, the numerous other repeals acts that have since been given royal assent) ;)

Sorry to be such a pedant / party pooper!

its ok im used to you being said type of person...

they are still funny facts, and the fact that in 2007 at least these laws were still not repealed is amusing which is why i posted them on the forum in the first place, and you still havent presented any evidence to say that these laws have been repealed.

They of course can be superseded by newer laws covering a wide range of issues, the funny thing about these old by laws that MOST people find amusing is that these laws remain in place.

im sure if you are really bored you could find out if any of the other funny laws people have posted have been repealed as well, maybe just to show its not just me you feel like belittleing on the forum...

just a thought

Gambling is a metaphor the song is about life in general

Yes, most of us Country Music fans are aware of that. It doesn't make the fact that he sings the song and plays the best gambler in the history of movie gamblers any less ironic. It's made more ironic by the fact that people often think that he's actually a master gambler, himself.

Speaking of Kenny Rogers: All those Santas you see around Christmas. They're actually Kenny Rogers stunt doubles. He's secretly been filming "The Gambler Part 0: Brady Hawks Saves Santa" for decades... It's supposedly the secret to Brady Hawks' luck. How else could you explain him being friends with every single historical and fictional western character that ever existed (and some exclusive to the Gambler movies)?

Also, that in fact, isn't the 3 wise men in the manger scene. It's ZZ Top doing a Farm Aid concert in ancient Bethlehem. Often not pictured are Bill and Ted and their time-traveling phone booth...

In Pennsylvania, beer can only be bought at a beer distributor, and liquor can only be bought at a liquor store. However, if you want a six pack, they cannot not be legally sold at either, you can only buy them at a bar.

I used to go to PA a couple of times a year (Pittsburgh). I always thought the 6-pack thing was so funny. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it illegal to sell beer in a strip club? I remember all the ones that were dry suddenly charged a $20 admission fee, then "gave away" all the beer you could drink.

My former boss claimed that she studied all the states in the United States and could easily name the capitol of each one. I said, "Great. What is the capitol of Florida?" She replied, "The letter 'F'."

The Syfy channel is contractually obligated to churn out 100 horrible movies about the same topic every week, because the world would never be able to handle the true awesomeness potential of Eureka and Warehouse 13 if they had bigger production values...