LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Durable Real Rubber Panties?

When I was younger, the story that 'turned me on' to diapers was titled "Wet Story". I ran across it at Patches Place when I was quite young. The story features a young woman who was a bed and pants wetter when she was in school, whose mother had special bloomer style rubber panties for her during that time.

I've always pictured a panty with thicker bands at the waist and legs that would act as the elastic, while offering plenty of room in the middle for thick diapers. I would imagine a more or less crotch-shaped mold being dipped into liquid latex, much like the way balloons are made. Likewise, I would expect the material to be very resilient, like balloons are. They'll take a lot of stretching before they 'pop'.

I found an eBay seller that I ordered rubber bloomers from a few times, but invariably they would tear after a month or so, and that was the end of that. They were made from a relatively thin rubber, welded to a thicker band of rubber, with very small gathers all along the waist and legs. They worked fine, and had that nice rubbery 'thunder' sound, but they just didn't last long, even with good care being taken. This stuff wasn't even as tough as the rubber exercise bands they use for yoga and balance-ball style workouts, though the thickness was about the same. It seemed to tear at the slightest tension, though the waist and leg bands held up fine most of the time. I had one pair where the weld at the ends of the waistband came loose with a pop!

Being on a short budget for my diapers, I'm wondering if anyone else has experimented with any of this? I even went so far as to attempt to make a molded pair of bloomers out of an extra-large pair of boxer-briefs painted with liquid latex (didn't work too well, though it did make me wonder about painting the inside of a pair of Levis with the stuff, no WAY leaks would get thru that.)

i have not found any rubber ones that last with out treating them too gentle for practicality. It is the nature of rubber to tear less its thick and then it would be hard to ware. If you want i can find some sites that have them but you probably already know of them. Btw on a personal note i hate the bloomers they just bunch up but its all about what you want.

I would love to find a good long lasting set of rubber pants to wear over my cloth diapers. I a few pairs back in the 80's that I loved but can not rember where I bought them.

You should find something at

A. C. Medical

They are scattered thuoughout the catlog and include latex

I had a pair of Christy rubber panties and they did all right. The ones from the 1980's were probably from JK. They were very good

You should find something at

A. C. Medical

They are scattered thuoughout the catlog and include latex

I had a pair of Christy rubber panties and they did all right. The ones from the 1980's were probably from JK. They were very good

Thanks I will give them a try.

Rubber panties require extra care in washing, handling, and storing ;) which I think is why they are not as popular as plastic ones :huh: I have not found any that are as durable as plastic either, even when properly cared for :whistling: If they made the rubber thicker they would have to have stronger elastics which might not be as comfortable or as protective against leaks :( In my much younger pre-internet days when I guessed that there couldn't be more than a handful of other adults wanting to wear cloth diapers( :roflmao: ) I considered making rubber panties from a truck tire inner-tube :o since it was the only source of rubber sheeting I knew of that would be big enough ^_^ That would certainly be durable, but nearly impossible to draw in with elastic.

I guess the rubber panties we have access to now are probably the best overall compromise of fit, function, and durability though I would be willing to try something somewhat thicker if someone would make them :angel_not: The sound and feel of rubber panties is unique and I like it a lot :blush: but the other factors, especially price, is why I almost always wear plastic panties instead B)

Bettypooh