LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This was always part of the cloth diaper and rubber panty world when that was in its heyday The last one I saw in use was very early 1968 The last one I  saw period eas about 1975 in storage

It should be knon that some time around 1958 they started making crib mattresses with plastic covering. This was a vinyl that tended to be stiff and would crack, so while rubber sheets may have gone out of style for babies, they were still used with bedwetters and part of baby punishment along with diaper and (usually pink) rubber panties was "...and make you sleep on a rubber sheet". although most of the tme, the rubber sheet was under the bottom sheet: I said MOST of the time. In late 1953, though rare, there were thick clear plastic mattresss covers but these were aftermarket itmes

I recall 3 kinds, two of which we had in my house

1. a large ivory colored one that I last saw in the mid 1970's made of a fairly thick somewhat stretchy material with a patina or soft shine. I also saw one a bit like it at a cousin's house in Bridgewater MA on Christmas day 1967

2. one that was smaller and a kind of ivery with a bit of gray. from the time I was 4 this was my "blankie". It was common, and recommended in the World Book encylcopaedia 1963, in addition to having a baby's mattress covered with waterproof material tho have a woaterproof pad under the waist to thigh area under the baby over the bottom sheet. I suspect that this is what my "blankie" was, This was a thinner more stretchy material with a soft patina or shine

3 My parents had a dark bruned sienna colored one that also came when my sister, a bedwetter, lived with us when I was about 10. This was not stretchy, and while it had a shine to it, the serface was quite pebbled

Beginning in 1963 I saw a kind of rubber that was very like the first two but not as smooth nor shiny and had the testure of a flower petal and I call it "flower petal" The rubber that A. C. Medical uses is this kind and it is the same that they sell in sheets. It comes in snow white, raspberry pink, (not girl pink), blue and "natural") I have had the white and "pink"

JK Perfect Personal Products used to sell rubber sheeting of the first kind in ivory, blue and pink and unlike the A. C. Medical kind, this was a really girlish pink

• Like 1

I recently misplaced my flannelized 36x60 rubber sheet and bought a bassinet sized plastic coated pad for under my bottom sheet to protect a new mattress.

Then while looking through old collected stuff, I came upon a 36x36 square of white PUL that is noiseless in use. PUL comes in many colors, patterns, and is relatively cheap,

besides being tear-proof and folding up smaller than a pair of socks to fit in a travel bag.

I had a crib sized red rubber sheet under me every night growing up as a bedwetter and came to love the smell of stale urine.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• 2 weeks later...

When I was little, a goodly number of bedwetters' rooms smelled like that since odor supression technoology was not really that good. The room I slept in with Anne and Linda smelled a bit.. Enough so that it becomes part of the "rubber pantiies" world, does anyone know if there is something you can put in a room that smells similar enough to that to add to the feelings? I also understand that there is a kind of urine scented fregrance either on the market or in the works

• 6 years later...

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT!

rubbersheet.jpg

from late spring to early fall

chrisbed2.jpg

Autumn to late spring

now Get one, or two or... ...TEN?!

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2017 at 0:06 PM, WBxx said:

As a youngster back in the fifties my room also had a distinct rubber/pee aroma.

• 2 years later...
On 7/15/2017 at 9:06 AM, WBxx said:

As a youngster back in the fifties my room also had a distinct rubber/pee aroma.

Same in the 70's.  i can't say you could smell it that much when you walked in (at least I hope not!), but when you climbed into bed with that rubber sheet that was used often for its intended purpose, it had a distinct rubber/pee aroma.

• 6 months later...

Now, the big question is: Where can we get them in full suze?

• 2 weeks later...

The scary part is that the only rubber sheet that is available is fromRearz (if the still carry them).The thing is, these are only "draw0" sheets 39xwhatever length you speicif". These were meant to be in the area of a yard or metre by 2 yards or metres. They were not ment to provide full covereage, but only to be laid across the bed lengthwise from abut the chest to the knee over the bottom sheet and tucked  under each side of the mattress. Babykins used to sell 54x 2 or 3 yards, which could fit over an entire mattress but now they do not anymore. I wonder if we could get them to  resume sales of this. They use the material anyway for their excellent rubber panty. the rubber sheets would go very well with that panty which looks like whot would be put on a 5+ year old (I knew a girl who had something almost exactly like that and her bed had the classic rubber sheet  of the same material and color)

• 3 months later...

from another post of mine: "I worked magic once in finding a stable replacement for Comco. The fact that we no  longer have a source of the full-coverage thick ivory colored, or any full coverage rubber sheet is horrendous. I would like for Babykins to resume selling them or to see if I cannot get LL Medico to do so since they have a "secret" catalog with several fetish related items. But the lack of the big ivory rubber sheets cuts off about 25 years of AB history (the last one I saw was in late 1967, except for the one we had which I last saw in about 1976 and do not know what became of it. At any rate, there is no excuse for them not to be available"

INTERIM REPORT: I contacted Protex and Fetware. Both appeared interested. Right now it appears to be a soft "no". but not a final one. Fetware is also concerned that their supply of "Genuine Rubber Pants" is drying up but well ope for the best. I do not know about how LL Medico would react; also they no longer have the full Gary catalog and Gary no longer makes some of the more fetish-related items. I think Babykins may decide to sell rubber sheets  again if a strong interest makes itself  known and I am only one littel girl. I have not yet tried tapping the loatter two with my magic wand

FROM FETWARE:

Very sorry... But our supply of rubber sheeting is sold out. We cannot
get our usual rubber pants anymore either. We hope this changes but we
don't know when or if...Sorry.

Regards,

Mike

FROM PROTEX

Thank you for your feedback!

I have been searching for the vinyl skirts with no luck (yet). I did find some Rubber Incontinence skirts that are longer and can be trimmed to whatever length you like. The sheets we haven't restocked but I will look into that. I'm not sure how Bert used to sell those before, I will ask him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guess what came in from Babykinstoday

What else would it be: Tiarass?

Houston; we have a problem: I did not quite get what I thought. I ordered two 3 yard and a single 1 yard It seems I got all 7 yards in one piece. Now I do not know what to do as there is no way I can hope to cut this into accurately sized pieces

16 hours ago, Little Christine said:

Houston; we have a problem: I did not quite get what I thought. I ordered two 3 yard and a single 1 yard It seems I got all 7 yards in one piece. Now I do not know what to do as there is no way I can hope to cut this into accurately sized pieces

I wouldn’t think it would be that hard to cut.   Measure / mark / cut … no?

More importantly tell us about the Babykins rubber sheet.

That will come in a review when I have things set up to be used (to be linked in RUBBER PANTIES'R'USS). However, it is promising. It is about the best you will find I do not see the A. C Medical rubber sheting listed at Rearz, which is not as good as the Babykins used to sell and this Babykins' rubber looks and feels mucht the same. Also Protex and Fetware do not seem ready to sell rubber sheets. My plan is, if I can find a place to do the work, to have it cut into three 84" pieces At any rate, if it is not the only one on the market, unless soemone knows something I do not, and unless you are interested in balck rubber, available on Ebay, but too S&M For Baby/Little, this is the best on the market. So it will have to do. The color is authentic and so is the smell after you do the prep for use wash

• 2 months later...

A good rubber sheet, 13 gauge or better, is a better mattress protector than those cheap, $5-$10 2 or 3 mil plastic mattress covers. The good plastic mattress covers cost $30 and up