LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Comco

P.O. BOX 550

HINCKLEY, MN 55037

ITEM: Snap-on Plastic pants, Plastic Panties

MATERIAL: PVC: Smooth, soft, translucent about 6 mil thick and very durable. . It is also very resistant to breaking down from close contact with the body, baby lotion and baby powder (but stay away from baby oil) very useful in some circles. RATING: 10

ELASTICS: Fairly wide but a bit scratchy. Over the years, they hold up well If you get the right size. RATING: 7

MEASUREMENTS: The sides are about 14" at the shortest point from waistband to legband and the crotch is about 10" at the narrowest point.

SHAPE: Very full cut. a size L covers my doubled very thick cloth diaper. If you are near the upper size limit, get the next one up. RATING: 9

NOISE: Some but not much RATING 5 (with 10 being a rustle/crinke fest fantasy). While that is fair to middling for babyishness it may be too much for other purposes

LEAKS: As long as the elastics are good, they are negigible. RATING: 9, To be sure, like any, they can be over-wet or worn with too-thin diapers.

COLORS; Apparently white only. RATING: 1

NOTES: the snaps are very in the front. for those who sleep on their side and wear disposable diapers, this helps prevent leaks. RATING; 9

PRICE In USD: EACH; 17.00, 3-PACK: 44.00 6-PACK: 80.00 RATING 8

NOTES: Occasionally, you may get a pair of snap ons where one of the snaps does not work entirely right but a bad one in the batch is ture of anything in this world

PAYMENT: Comco accepts PayPal, which is a big plus. Shipping and Handling is $US13 which for a single pair may be horrific but this appears to be good for all but the largest orders. RADTING 3 TO 10; depending on how you order

ESTHETICS, LOOK AND FEEL: Given the wide range of users of "rubber panties", it is often the case that plastic pants are evaluated on "babyishness". If you are not interested in that, then this next part is not for you. if you were a baby, toddler or wore diapers anytime between 1952 and 1984, and your parents were moderately prosperous and did not use panties made from the cheap grainy material, chances are, you wore "rubber panties" made of material that was smooth and fairly thick, such as Baby-Mates and Sear's Best, of a milky white color. Empire, a long-time name in baby panties, while not that thick, was the same color. Comco has been described as "industrial" yet they were a proud sponsor of DPF and endorsed by many of the members of higher status. Well let us do a head to head comparison between Comco and real baby/toddler panties. In this category, a picture is worth a thousand words.

post-27920-0-36478400-1306363139_thumb.j

With the snaps undone

post-27920-0-25519400-1306363194_thumb.j

A closer look at the snaps

post-27920-0-78394800-1306363251_thumb.j

Head to head with real baby panties: Because "Babyishness" is a matter mostly of looks, Here is a picture of the Comco with two pair of snap-on real baby panties Valex, Comco and Dorsey, in that order. I got the pictrues of the Valex and Dorsey from an Ebay sale that has long ended.

post-27920-0-05085700-1306363301_thumb.j

As you see, the Comco panty compares well to the Dorsey and may be better than the Valex however, much of your idea of babyishness depends on when you were little. The crotch may be a bit narrow and they do lose a point or two in the noise factor if that is important to you. On the other hand, the thickness of the maaterial and its texture are almost ecactly like Sear's Best, Baby-Mates and the other high-quality baby pants of better days. So if you need good "rubber pants" from 1952 to 1984 for a baby, toddler or little consider Comco. . For me, a Very Little Girl; 4 to 6, whose diapers are different from baby/toddler, this works out very well, like being put in toddler rubber panties but too old to be a toddler. DPF would classify me as a Pre-schooler. In the early 1950's some children were occasionally diapered up to age 10 as being prone to "accidents" and a "super" or toddler size would be used with homemade diapers that are almost too long, but not too thick, to fit in the panty. This type of panty would be just fine for that. But it would still be considered baby or toddler. RATING: 8 to 9 depending on your taste. If you want to be "stealth", these are not for you.

Comco scores very high in most of the categories so I give an overall rating Very Good to Excellent. How you evaluate them depends on whas is importantto you

sealapproval.gif

post-27920-0-36478400-1306363139_thumb.j

post-27920-0-25519400-1306363194_thumb.j

post-27920-0-78394800-1306363251_thumb.j

post-27920-0-05085700-1306363301_thumb.j

I never had that problem. Comco gets around that by putting the snaps in front which takes them away from the shortest part of the panty

• 2 months later...

Snap-on plastic panties are fine for daytime use , but it's been my experience that you take more of a risk of leaking at night when compared to pull-on plastc panties. The problem appears to be the sealat the snaps ( poppers to you from the UK ) while sleeping. Sleep studies show that you toss and turn several times during the sleeping period. If you wind uo on your side, then it's possible for the snap seal to leak if there's sufficient moisture in the diaper. So I reserve my snap-on plastic panties for the daytime. And they do very well for daytime use because the snaps allow you to open the panties and gain access to the diaper without removing a lot of stuff.

If you're like me and are rather stiff in the joints, then the snap pants are easier to work with. But I need the assistance of my wife for getting the evening pull-on plastic panties over my feet and up over my thick night time diapers. So young or old, hope you find this suggestion useful or at least reaffirms what you already knew.

Comco snap-on, if you look at the pictures have the snaps very toward the front and if you wear proper diapers you will not leak. Back in the heyday of DPF, nobody that I recall complained about leaks That seems to be a feature of throw-aways, especially the SAP kind or improper diapering or panties. Many persons, and you are urged to do this with babies, double-panited (with babies you are urged to triplie and quadruple panty in some places)

• 1 month later...

I quit wearing snap-ons some years ago. I liked them as they seemed babyish, but the ones I had from Kins leaked. Since then I've only worn pull-on plastic pants... It's unfortunate the pants I really liked (pink and blue stars from Gary) are no longer being made.

The Comco panties have the snaps very far to the front as you can see in the picture so that side leaking should not be an issue. Also, try doubling up on your rubber panties. I have recently seen that recommended for babies. If there is a leak then it gets trapped between the two pair of panties. You might also be sure that you are using diapers properly. I have had only one incident since I got th em almost a year ago and the diaper was pretty well soaked and I im in more than one rubber panty. Doing that was often recommended in DPF. Also check the size you are using. you might be advised to go a size up. My waist is a 34 but I am in size L and they are not too large.

• 11 months later...

I am wearing snapons from COMCO right now. Love the elastic around the legs , these fit very nicely over my cloth pinned on diaper.Wish they had them in prints and colors beside blue and pink.

Love pink Rhumba panties