LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Comco

P.O. BOX 550

HINCKLEY, MN 55037

ITEM: Pull-on Plastic pants, Plastic Panties:

MATERIAL:PVC: Smooth, soft, translucent about 6 mil thick and very durable. . It is also very resistant to breaking down from close contact with the body, baby lotion and baby powder (but stay away from baby oil) very useful in some circles. RATING: 10

ELASTICS: Fairly wide but a bit scratchy. Over the years, they hold up well If you get the right size. RATING: 7

MEASUREMENTS: The sides are about 14" at the shortest point from waistband to legband and the crotch is about 10" at the narrowest point.

SHAPE: Very full cut. a size L covers my doubled very thick cloth diaper. If you are near the upper size limit, get the next one up. RATING: 9

NOISE: Some but not much RATING 5 (with 10 being a rustle/crinke fest fantasy). While that is fair to middling for babyishness it may be too much for other purposes

LEAKS: As long as the elastics are good, they are negigible. RATING: 9, To be sure, like any, they can be over-wet or worn with too-thin diapers.

COLORS: White, blue, pink, yellow plus light purple: RATING: 9

PRICE In USD BY ORDER #; 100=SINGLE PAIR; 12.50, 103= 3-PACK: 31.00 106= 6-PACK:53.00 RATING: 9

PAYMENT: Comco accepts PayPal, which is a big plus. Shipping and Handling is $US13 which for a single pair may be horrific but this appears to be good for all but the largest orders. RADTING 3 TO 10; depending on how you order

ESTHETICS, LOOK AND FEEL: Given the wide range of users of "rubber panties", it is often the case that plastic pants are evaluated on "babyishness". If you are not interested in that, then this next part is not for you. if you were a baby, toddler or wore diapers anytime between 1952 and 1984, and your parents were moderately prosperous and did not use panties made from the cheap grainy material, chances are, you wore "rubber panties" made of material that was smooth and fairly thick, such as Baby-Mates and Sear's Best, of a milky white color. Empire, a long-time name in baby panties, while not that thick, was the same color. Comco has been described as "industrial" yet they were a proud sponsor of DPF and endorsed by many of the members of higher status. Well let us do a head to head comparison between Comco and real baby/toddler panties. In this category a picture is worth a thousand words.

Head to head with real baby panties: Because "Babyishness" is a matter mostly of looks, Here is a picture of the Comco with a pair of Gerber's that are put on my dollies, Andrea Lynne and Lisa Michelle

Gerber

post-27920-0-57299400-1306362327_thumb.j

A pair of my Comco Pull on

post-27920-0-78668600-1306362397_thumb.j

Much of your idea of babyishness depends on when you were little. But Comco pull-ons look very much like Gerber and the Baby-Mates from 30 years ago. The crotch may be a bit narrow and they do lose a point or two in the noise factor if that is important to you. On the other hand, the thickness of the maaterial and its texture are almost ecactly like Sear's Best, Baby-Mates and the other high-quality baby pants of better days. So if you need good "rubber pants" from 1952 to 1984 for a baby, toddler or little consider Comco. For me, a Very Little Girl; 4 to 6, whose diapers are different from baby/toddler, this works out very well, like being put in toddler rubber panties but too old to be a toddler. DPF would classify me as a Pre-schooler. In the early 1950's some children were occasionally diapered up to age 10 as being prone to "accidents" and a "super" or toddler size would be used with homemade diapers that are almost too long, but not too thick, to fit in the panty. This type of panty would be just fine for that. But it would still be considered baby or toddler. RATING: 8 to 9 depending on your taste. If you want to be "stealth", these are not for you.

Comco scores very high in most of the categories so I give an overall rating Very Good to Excellent.

Colors can be mixed in multiunit sales. I have even mixed sizes. Most other multiunit discounts require all to be the same size and color.

There used to be 2 different companies called "Comco" that essentially do or offer the same products...and this confused the :horse: out of me :P

I did a quick google search (again) and came up with this:

http://www.comcomfg.com/

And thats all I could find. As I said, there used to be 2 "Comcos' that did the same thing, but it seems they resolved that issue and 'consolidated' everything into one.

It seems that they changed the design a bit also, the leg bands don't seem to be a wide as they used to be. I bought a couple of pairs of "Comco" pants off ebay, since I heard so much about them and wanted to try a pair. The leg bands are pretty wide, and they bother me..I might have to sell them and get some others :(

I'm still looking for a decent replacement for the VIP plastic pants, which seem to be getting harder and harder to find :(

*SIGH*

Being the thrifty (tightwad) person that I am I have a way to use the comco pullups after they wear out. I cut the leg bands and sides off, leaving the padded center attached to the waistband. The result is a doubler that will stay put, I have always had a problem with doublers bunching up in the crotch.

when whoever it was that said they are (look) "industrial" that was meant in a negative way. As you see, they look pretty babyish cmapred with the Girber that my dollies are in.

There used to be 2 different companies called "Comco" that essentially do or offer the same products...and this confused the :horse: out of me :P

I did a quick google search (again) and came up with this:

http://www.comcomfg.com/

And thats all I could find. As I said, there used to be 2 "Comcos' that did the same thing, but it seems they resolved that issue and 'consolidated' everything into one.

It seems that they changed the design a bit also, the leg bands don't seem to be a wide as they used to be. I bought a couple of pairs of "Comco" pants off ebay, since I heard so much about them and wanted to try a pair. The leg bands are pretty wide, and they bother me..I might have to sell them and get some others :(

I'm still looking for a decent replacement for the VIP plastic pants, which seem to be getting harder and harder to find :(

*SIGH*

They two companies were friendly with each other, one being, apparently a spin-off to do the more exotic kinds of things like satin and ruffle covered panties and boxers. Comco Inc has since folded into Comco Mfg, now listed as an LLC. I never got the full story of that whole things

• 1 month later...

The milky white comco's are pretty much my plastic pant of choice. They are the closest to what I recall as a child (there is a picture of me as a toddler playing with a jack-in-the-box wearing similar ones).

I get both Mediums and Larges because depending on what I'm doing I may want the baggier or trimmer fit.

What you probably wore were Sears Best. I saw a pair of those from the 1970's or 80's and they were of the same kind of material. Many companies made two or three different kindss based on quality and price, I mentioned BabyMates from the 1970's and 80's. Well this was common in the 1960's and the smooth, thick, "milky White" was the most common top of the line. Kleinert's made adult size panties in a smooth, somewhat thick milky white material then by 1980 had switched to a grainy material

As far as how babyish they are: Well you can see them next to a pair of Gerber so you be the judge