LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Close To Incontinence With A Catheter

I've played with catheters before. I've been reading this thread for the past 2 weeks after seeing a few neat ideas and coming up with a design of my own, however this was an epic fail and I'm sharing my failure. I have a 3 day weekend and I had been looking forward to it all week. I bought my favorite diapers, catheters, and a few other odds and ends to make what I had in mind. I had my modified cath in for about 5 hours and just took it back out. I'm willing to share my bad experience in the hopes of adding to what works and what doesn't.

I didn't go into this half cocked, I did my homework and thought I had a solid idea. I'm a stickler for sterile insertions so I'm hoping an infection doesn't occur, however, everyone needs to understand that even if all precautions are taken, you can still get a nasty UTI.

I started with a Foley catheter (silicone). After insertion and inflating the balloon with 10cc, I held the catheter out with slight pressure while pushing back on my penis, causing a good length to be exposed. This allowed me to clamp the cath with a hemostat and keep it in that position while I modified it. At this point I cut the catheter about half an inch above the hemostat, which kept the balloon from deflating. I rounded off the edges and then

Okay so my 1 week cath journey ended during the night. I had intense urges to pee, like, seriously intense. To the point I was panicking. And panicking is really not good. You kinda lose your mental capacity during the panic. So I was trying to calm myself down by forcing myself to take it slow with everything, like getting the syringe slowly etc. Once I got it out I saw that hole was blocked by a transparent membrane (kinda like when you blow bubbles, you need to have this transparent membrane to form the bubbles). This is 2nd time it happens to me, and I have no clue as to why it's getting blocked. I drank a glass of juice every two hours, I was extremely clean (washing hands before touching catheter and showering after every bowel movement).

18 hours ago, dipper said:

Okay so my 1 week cath journey ended during the night. I had intense urges to pee, like, seriously intense. To the point I was panicking. And panicking is really not good. You kinda lose your mental capacity during the panic. So I was trying to calm myself down by forcing myself to take it slow with everything, like getting the syringe slowly etc. Once I got it out I saw that hole was blocked by a transparent membrane (kinda like when you blow bubbles, you need to have this transparent membrane to form the bubbles). This is 2nd time it happens to me, and I have no clue as to why it's getting blocked. I drank a glass of juice every two hours, I was extremely clean (washing hands before touching catheter and showering after every bowel movement).

My Doctor admits that I am better at cathing than anyone in his office because I have been doing it 5 Xs a day for the last eight years, so when I could not get one in it took 5 urology nurses to get it in using a coude foley and left it in place for 2 weeks until the morning he was going to scope me , camera went in like butter everything was fine , he even said my prostate was the smallest it ever been , so It was written off as a freak of nature, no problems since , so a catheter occasionally not wanting to go in happens to everyone, just remember the rules a clean field, lots of lube or lidocaine jelly can be used if pain is a major issue, always have a some urine in the bladder makes it easier and the biggest thing that makes it easy is always do it while laying down if you are male, our urethra has a nasty set of s curves while seated , so lay down and straighten them out for much easier cathing , also as you insert hold your breath until you start to feel resistance on the catheter , exhale well using steady pressure ( don't ram it or shove it just steady constant forward motion as you exhale this is where it goes thru the bladder sphincter into the bladder, if it's a foley continue advancing until you run out of catheter or hit the back wall of the bladder , then fill the Ballon and using light pressure give it a tug until it is seated in the bladder and dangling from your penis then use either an adhesive catheter lock attached to your thigh or abdomen or use the elastic leg band with the locking closure these keep motion and tension isolated from the part of the catheter that remains in you and keeps you from accidently pulling a catheter with inflated Ballon out causing serious damage to your bladder and urethra . If you think that bacterial or urine encrustation is blocking you , remove and switch tho a 3 lumen catheter thblockp you have an open Port to try and flush the catheter back open by dislodging the block, many people who have long term caths like foley and supra pubic ( supra pubic catheters are pretty much the same as a foley except they put it in through a hole made in the abdominal and bladder walls so as to bypass a majority of the urinary system and genitalia) do an antibiotic instalation every other day to keep the microbes away , usually they use vetrocyin solution that can be obtained from amazon or a vets office it is identical to the human formulation but costs a he'll of a lot less, generally it is instilled and the catheter is occluded for about fifteen minutes be for reopening the catheter ports and allowing it to drain . Words of wisdom acquired from many many years of cathing before going to 5 times a day I cathedral 4 times a day for the previous 12 years , I don't empty all the way during Incontinent episodes so my Bladder constantly has urine in "reserve" and maintains a harmful back pressure in my kidneys , I have gotten the residual volume from to about 1000 to 400, my doctor wants that down to 20 to 50 before he will consider it success, that way even my Bladder hits 50 it will release a much smaller volume so I will then have multiple frequent small episodes instead of the constant dripping punctuated by floods and will not have the unhealthy back pressure to my kidneys , I have several other health problems that involve the kidneys as well as bowels , so anything we can do in my Bladder and bowel plans to help them stay healthy we will do, like three years ago after my Cardiac arrest and coma he freaked and called me into the office to offer me a semi permanent foley so that I had less care work to do well I recovered, I politely refused because many people take it easy during recovery and lose motivation and I can't lose motivation because the nearest family member who can come smack me in the head and get me going again is fourteen hours away, therefor I don't cut myself any slack ( drives my Doctors crazy, that I won't give an inch unless I am half dead and it's out of my control, like my time in ICU well taking my epic nap ( coma) ) doing my best to stay on this side of the grass, there will be plenty of time to rest when I lose the battle.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

On 12/22/2015 at 8:40 PM, Baby Brian said:

The way catheter balloons are made they will either work and deflate correctly, or fail and deflate immediately. I know of no cases where a balloon did not deflate and got stuck inside of someone. And I've had to use catheters extensively before.

I recently had an issue with deflation. The last two caths I bought (allegro medical, silicone, ribbed balloon) had an issue when deflating. One of the ribs was stuck out like a small disk around the catheter and wouldn't fully retract. This happened with the last two catheters I used. Trying to pull a catheter out of yourself with a defective rib like that is not fun. I had to kind gently pop it past the bladder sphincter and it also got caught up right before it was fully removed and that one was even more painful.

I am so turned off of catheters after this. I am reading back through the pages to try and get a clear view of stents. I like concept. I'm just not 100% sure on how you insert it? What do you use to get it all the way in? The fish line part is self explanatory.

Last update from me (used up all my catheters hehe) :D

So around 12h after my failed attempt to insert the second catheter I tried again and succeeded. I wore it for just a little over 24h but had to take it out because of intense cramping and urges to pee (AGAIN!?). This time there was no blockage though. But it seems to me that I can never wear a catheter more than tops two days because of these urges that are completely CRAZY in intensity and frequency.

I noticed something very weird : while I was having these intense urges to pee I noticed that if I try to hold the pee in (as I would

Thanks for the advice...i'll probably go to the doctor on monday (unlucky I got sick on a saturday, heh?).
Have 38,8 degrees celsius fever and some chills/sweating, some occasional pain on the sides. I think symptoms of kidney uti is nausea/vomiting and back pain, so if I get that i'll head to the emergency straight away.

14 hours ago, dipper said:

Thanks for the advice...i'll probably go to the doctor on monday (unlucky I got sick on a saturday, heh?).
Have 38,8 degrees celsius fever and some chills/sweating, some occasional pain on the sides. I think symptoms of kidney uti is nausea/vomiting and back pain, so if I get that i'll head to the emergency straight away.

Hey man you should head to the hospital right away I'm actually in the hospital myself right now for exactly the same thing and had I waited any longer I'd be dead. My bladder infection has made its way to the kidneys and has also made its way into my blood and I'm septic. And it happened within a matter of hours. My blood pressure dropped all the way down to 70 over 30. Get to the doctor right now do not try to beat this infection on your own you will not. Trust me on this one I've made enough mistakes for the both of us get to the doctor. As it stands I still don't know if I'm going to live through this one.

26 minutes ago, diapersandhugs said:

Hey man you should head to the hospital right away I'm actually in the hospital myself right now for exactly the same thing and had I waited any longer I'd be dead. My bladder infection has made its way to the kidneys and has also made its way into my blood and I'm septic. And it happened within a matter of hours. My blood pressure dropped all the way down to 70 over 30. Get to the doctor right now do not try to beat this infection on your own you will not. Trust me on this one I've made enough mistakes for the both of us get to the doctor. As it stands I still don't know if I'm going to live through this one.

Wow man that sounds scary, I really hope you get better.
What were your symptoms when it progressed?

18 hours ago, dipper said:

Dipper

take this from a former med student, ICU Nurse and paramedic: Go to a hospital... be honest about what you've done... and get help.

btw: how did you empty the catheter when it was inside? let it drain to a connected urine bag?