LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Wisdom Teeth

For some time now, ive needed ALL of my wisdom teeth removed, they are fully out, but are pushing my bottom row of teeth together and they also requently become inflamed.

In the UK, they really dont like to sedate you for this procedure, so have to be fully awake, something which im not so looking forward to.

Im pretty terrified of the dentist anyway, but am getting fed up with the constant inflamation of them.

My question to the folk who have had it dont without being sedated is, how much does it hurt (and how horrible is the actual pulling of the teeth etc), and how long after do they hurt.

I don't know the answer to this, but I had mine out with sedation, and I don't get why they wouldnt do that in the UK. I'm going to say it'll be pretty painful since they are cutting gums typically and doing a lot of tension/pressure of pulling the teeth.

You tell your UK country that theres nothing wrong with sedation. :wtf2:

perhaps you could have your dr write a note stating due to extreme anxiety you need sedation.... usually here they use nitrous to make you pretty loopy but i have a movement disorder so need full sedation with iv chemicals and my dr had to write a note so the insurance company would cover it.... it gets prety expensive

I had to pay an extra $250 for IV sedation (knocked right out), that my insurance wouldn't cover. I hate the dentist at the best of times so I gladly paid it.

Daddy however had to have 27 teeth pulled which he did with just Novocain (numbing). They gave him Tylenol 3's which he only used for a day then he just hurt for a week.

NHS dentists wont do it unless refered to the hospital for sedation (im going to try this, but they arnt keep on doing this either)

You can get the procedure done privatly for around £1000 or $1600, which im not going to pay.

i hate this, every way i look at it = pain

get it done = pain

pay £1000 to get sedated = pain to wallet

leave it = pain + mangled bottom teeth where they push them together

they dont even use gas here, just a local anesthetic to the areas, you wont feel any pain, but you will feel the pulling crunching and twisting as the dentist yanks at them.

Id much rather be asleep or at least 'out of it' on drugs or gas

I had my bottom row wisdoms removed in the UK about 4 years agao, it didnt hurt during the procedure, but was sore afterwards but a few anti inflamatories helped, the feeling of the dentist pulling them was very weird but not painfull.

Hope the procedure goes well and it is definitely worth it no more pain and problems with them..

I guess the pain is in the person, I had mine pulled with local only(shots around the teeth) Was off work the rest of the day took a couple tylinol. Went back to work next day(Carpenter)

why does the human body produce wisdom teeth idf they aren't needed ?

i actually had a tooth that was in front of the wisdom tooth pulled and the wisdom tooth moved in and took up it's spot, so they aren't totally worthless.

Several years later I had the rest of my wisdom teeth taken out and they did it with nitrous and lidocaine. Unfortunately my body has a high tolerance for lidocaine and I could feel them cutting my gums and breaking my jaw when the teeth came out. Luckily I was looped the shit out on nitrous and so I just kinda breathed deep and tried to trip out on gas so I wouldn't care about it. I remember the whole procedure but I remember thinking it was kinda funny at the time.

If I were you and they refuse to give you sedation, try to get them to at least give you some vicodin. If you haven't been using opiates it should be pretty effective and it will have some light sedative effects during the procedure. They usually give it as pain medication for after the extraction.

-piper

i think of wisdom teeth like hte appendix.. at one point in our evolutionary history it had a purpose... wisdom teeth to help knaw on the raw meat we ate.... but as we evolved our mouths got smaller, and we learned to cook meat and make it easier to eat, thus no more room for wisdom teeth... although some people do have room for them....

mine were coming in sideways and were impacted.

So the pain level and amount of sedation/anaesthesia used also depends on what exactly they have to do to get them out... the more impacted they are, the more sedation often used...

or for me... I have to take sedative mediction just to have a cavity filled ... not because of pain, but because of my movement disorder, if i jerked the wrong way at the wrong time, it can lead to many more hours of work... also, i have to have bite blockers if possible, because i 'bite' my teeth very hard... once when i was akid, i bit the dentists' finger and drew blood... not intentionally.... like i said.. movement disorder... very little control... even littler control whenstressed... like at the dentist!

Mine got yanked way back when I was 18. I was told not to eat anything before and had to take a tablet (relaxant??) b1 hour before. I got in the chair and they explained a couple things then had me count backwards from 100, at the same time they stuck a needle in my arm (sedative) I never made it beyond 97 :blush: I was out for the whole thing and wok up in another room to the sounds of a girl crying. I felt like I had been hit by a truck, very wiped out :wacko: but other than that I don't remember a thing...nor do I want to. I had some pain killers for the week, had to rinse with warm salt water a couple times a day...minimal swelling I guess, then another appointment to pull the stitches and I was done :D

Anyways, why they don't knock people out for this is amazing! :o It is surgery after all...why the hell would you want to be awake and aware and feel all that crap going on IN YOUR MOUTH???!!! WTF are they some kind of 15th century barbarians over there or something GAD! get the drugs...have then knock your ass out! or come over here and have a "REAL" dentist do the frigging work....sheesh

I am like the post above. But when I was younger like around 12 or so, it was common procedure. The dentist could tell with a high probability that your jaw wouldn't accept wisdom teeth. As such it was much easier then to pull the back molar. And when I joined the Marines, I was one of a few people that didn't need to go through that hell of having your wisdom teeth yanked while in boot camp. Those poor souls, no after pain medicine other than aspirin. So anyway like was said my wisdom teeth slid right into the empty spots of the molars.

You might check into the option of even now leaving the wisdom, and having the molars pulled. Should be cheaper and less painful. It ain't no ride in the park... but better than the other option. :thumbsup:

I've had 3 removed without being sedated and it wasn't that bad at all. The anticipation over the proceedure was actually worse than having it done. I think it really depends on how much your wisdom teeth have 'taken root' if you catch my meaning. If you are that upset about the whole thing, and I am not making fun either; I hate going to the dentist, then having a good conversation with your dentist might go a long ways in placating your fears....

I still have one wisdom tooth actually. My dentist has assured me that it will pop out quite easily as the root isn't all that established in the jawbone. I don't really want to remove it as it isn't causing any issues....

they dont put you out when you get a vasectomy in many places either just a local aneasthetic

And you know this why??? :huh: Anyway Mine was a local, smoke cloud, pull up you pants and leave.! :P

You can ask for a prescription for a couple anxiety pills to take before they get to work.

Medicaid (insurance provided by the US government for people with disabilities) paid for mine to come out, but I had to go to an oral surgeon and have them dug out. I was out cold. They numbed me, too. When it wore off... Owwww!

You can ask for a prescription for a couple anxiety pills to take before they get to work.

I never really thought about it before, but I should take ativan before any dentist appointment, thanks Tara :)

*huggles*

Michelle

Good luck. I don't think it will hurt much if it does.

I only had two wisdom teeth come in. Both of them were straight but were partially covered. I was told a cavity formed on one of them so both got yanked. I didn't get knocked out and it didn't hurt at all. I picked up my meds and drove home afterwards.

Well got to say that all of you aint got nothing compared to me.Two of my wisdom teeth started coming in under my upper plate.OUCH,that hurt for months befor i had them pulled.Never did get my bottem wisdom teeth.

• Like 1

I had mine out when I was 24. My uncle is a dentist so I go to him for all my dental needs. I wasn't sedated at all when he did it but I sure as hell I had been! One of them was growing in crooked and I heard him saying to his assistant "Oh, look at all the blood! This one will have to be drilling and broken in two." Shortly after that I heard it snap." He said all this as if he was enjoying himself! I wanted to scream at him saying you sick sadistic bastard I'm in pain here!" I couldn't say anything like that because his hands were to far down my throat and he is my uncle after all. I hope I didn't make you too queasy but good luck!