2. 2. Waterproof Material

• Plastic
    • Vinyl
    • Rubber
  3. 3. Colors

• Blue
    • Pink
    • Yellow

What is the difference between plastic and vinyl?

and what about "all of the above"

Mainly the difference is in what you call them.

No all of the above options, it's a fight, pick a side :)

I used to be die-hard cloth, but because of getting older and as a result having less time, I have come to like disposables more. They're easier to put on and easier to dispose of. The only thing that I still like about cloth more is the bulk. I'm a huge fan of a bulky diaper to a degree that usually cannot be attained by a disposable. If I had my own place, I would definitely revert back to cloth on occasion.

I have to go with plastic because that is all I have ever used and known.

And blue all the way!

Disposable, plastic, blue my choices on the poll. I still like cloth diapers. Disposable are just more useful in my life. Don't have time to wash cloth diapers all the time. Plastic because thats what i grew up with and blue because i couldn't choose clear.

Unfortunately I have yet to stray anywhere away from the disposable diapers. However I do clearly remember getting punished when I was about four or five for having a tantrum and my mother forcing me into the cloth diapers my older brother had used. Back then though I wasn't at all happy, but more or so overwhelmed with embarrassment as she scolded me and went on about how if I wanted to act like a baby then she was going to treat me like one.

I must say though I am very fond of the disposable due to the fact I do live at home still and they are much easier to dispose than anything else. I don't have to really worry about anything finding out about them, were i might if I wore cloth. In a way I also think they're sort of more reliable than the cloth, because of the plastic lining. Anyways I prefer the plastic compared to vinyl or anything else -for now.

I would have to go with the color blue, since it's my favorite color! :) But orange and blue might be kind of nice.....

My rubber panties match my dress. since they are part of my babydoll then that is a matched set. If I am wearing a skirt/blouse or jumper/blouse, they match the blouse. This is so that they are parto of what I am wearing. Most of what I wear is pink. Since I am put in more thano one pair, the inner ones are white snap-on panties and changed with the diaper

• 1 month later...

I voted Cloth, Vinyl & Blue

I do use disposables because I don't have the time to constantly keep a supply of cloth diapers ready, But I prefer the feel and function of cloth diapers.

Vinyl because you are never properly diapered without pants.

Blue because I'm a boy, but in reality I prefer white vinyl pants and usually white terry diapers.

In the context of waterproofing material for our application, the largest percentage of plastics used might be polyurethanes these days. Vinyls, which are still used frequently, refer to the popular polyvinyl chloride (PVC) as well as possibly other polymers such as polyethylene, polyvinyl acetate, polystyrene and many others. Some polymers that are not vinyls being used for this application beside polyurethanes are polyesters and polyamides such as nylon. Ironically, polyurethane has been consistently referred to as a vinyl by the plastic pants sellers even though it is not a vinyl chemically speaking. It just looks like PVC, except polyurethane is quieter and breathes better.

On that note I picked plastic with my color being pink. I just love my locking pink plastic pants from fetware. I don't know what the pants are made out of though. Fetware's only indication was vinyl, but it is hard to say what polymer they are referring to (polyurethane or PVC). I suspect it is polyurethane, because the plastic pants are very quiet.

For my type of diaper, I always go with disposables. I have tried cloth diapers before and did not like the feel of them that much, but I may try them again in the future.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

love cloth, mostly stuck wearing disposable.

plastic/ vinyl? you say potato, I say tomato...

and I've had more pink that blue and don't care for yellow

• 7 months later...