LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pacifiers

Mark0307

• 2 weeks later...

Mark, i had exactly the same problem with baby/todler pacifiers. my teeth hurt after sucking on a baby paci.

i ordered an NUK5 and my teeth have never hurt since. ive been sucking my paci for years and years and years now and ive goto the dentists every 12months, my dentist has never once talked about movement or damage to my teeth - not that she knows i suck a paci, but dentists would notice some kind of damage/distortion with teeth (you'd expect) and ask you what you doing/eating to cause this, if you have pain/infections etc... they would want to know - or i'd hope they would anyway!

so since ive changed to my NUK5 ive never been happier

if you havent already mark, order an NUK5! you'll love it

Is a NUK 5 large enough? What if you could get a slightly larger guard and maybe a 2.5" nipple. Is that too big or just right?

I think a 4 inch wide guard would be more realistic, tho i would really like a nipple that is between half an inch to an inch longer.

• 3 weeks later...

I sleep with my Nuk 5 every night..... couldn't imagine sleeping without it.....If I can't find my binky around the house, I start getting panic attacks

I would like a bigger one though - has anybody bought from : http://www.der-nucki-koenig.de/

Similarly, has anyone heard of a glot-up? It is an adult pacifier thing, but I think you have to get one from a dentist, which means it should cost $15, and probably costs $150, but am seeing the dentist (yikes) next week and am thinking of asking

I posted about this in the "Our lifestyle" thread but I'll post my concerns here.

I recently got a Nuk 5 Pacifier (I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT), and for 4 days straight I was a happy little baby at night using my Nuk 5 but the problem is when i wake up every morning my mouth and teeth are sore (more my teeth actually). It feels like my teeth have been pulled forward out of my mooth ... feels real bad D: it fades away during the day but it never fails, every morning of those 4 days had my teeth feeling sore.

I normally clench my teeth a lot when i sleep, so much so that my dentist noticed over usage of the enamel because of all the grinding :/. I'm wondering if this could be related and would cause extra trouble for my teeth since I not only use the pacifier at night but I probably clench it VERY hard with my teeth when I'm sleeping.

Anyone have input on this? I really love my pacifier and would like to keep using it ... could it be because my teeth are just not used to having a pacifier and i should just keep doing it to habituate my teeth to the object or stop all pacifier goodness at night ?

O:< Babies need their pacifiers!

Necros!

Anyone have input on this? I really love my pacifier and would like to keep using it ... could it be because my teeth are just not used to having a pacifier and i should just keep doing it to habituate my teeth to the object or stop all pacifier goodness at night ?

Ask your dentist for a mouth guard? I think they make a special kind of custom guard that will prevent your teeth from grinding. If so, you'd have to go without your binky for a while at night, but maybe the guard will eventually allow you to stop grinding. I'm not sure on this as I've not been through it personally, but it could be worth a shot.

~ moogle

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tonight I dreamt that I was chewing grape, it was all rubber-like, so I tried hard. I woke up trying to bite a bit of my nuk 5. Thank goodness I am not a thumbsucker, or say farewell to my thumb! :whistling:

I couldn't sleep well after and my teeth felt sored.

On other hand, I slept just fine and my teeth never felt sored in the morning, when I was using baby size paci, but it fell out of my mouth every night during sleep (because of it tiny size I guess), yet I had funny dreams (not about rubber grape)..

So I sleep with nuk 5 when I trying to not oversleep classes or important appointment, as I never sleep tight with nuk 5 and so am able to wake up by first alarm. It feels more comfortable, but only half of the night.

I grind my teeth so badly I recently cracked a molar. Has anybody ever successfully used a pacifier like the Nuk 5 to prevent grinding and clenching while sleeping? I really don't want to sleep with a mouth guard and a practical use to a pacifier would make that even more fun. I currently don't have one and have never tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

I grind my teeth so badly I recently cracked a molar. Has anybody ever successfully used a pacifier like the Nuk 5 to prevent grinding and clenching while sleeping? I really don't want to sleep with a mouth guard and a practical use to a pacifier would make that even more fun. I currently don't have one and have never tried it.

I do find that using a pacifier really does help with jaw clenching and teeth grinding. And, I think it is something I just need anyway, just as I need my diapers etc. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i love my nuks and been sleeping with them for the past 4 years and some nights i cant sleep without it and some i can. i used my nuks as a way to reduce my thumb sucking - 22 years of thumb sucking does some damage to it lol - i used to suck it till it hurt then i couldn't sleep so my nuks came to the rescue hehe. My teeth have always been perfect :) I always find that i go to bed with them in and then half way through the night they fall out - but i tend to fall back to sleep straite away so it doesn't matter. I only wish i could find a nuk 4 again - they sooth me soo much quicker than the 3s and 5s lol. i've got two nuk 5s but i can barely use them for long :( they too big for mee!!! any idea where i can get the 4s from?? marie

I too am a NUK 5 fan, got mine from "mommy's-baby-pants" on eBay for a little over $20 delivered (they have the plain white one for slightly under $20; I guess this is how all NUK 5's come from the factory). I have a big mouth, and it fits well. I have slept the full night with it many times, with no notable tooth pain or movement. I don't grind teeth or suck very hard on it typically, though, I can see how those issues might make for a less joyous experience. I agree that the face shield is a bit smaller than I'd like (the plain white ones have a slightly bigger shield, but only by 3/16 of an inch in width and less in height), and a slightly longer nipple might fit better, but all in all I am happy with it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

AS part of my research I did discover a phenomenon among some regressive adult babies. Some find that when they are quite regressive the pacifier fits in the mout comfortably and easily and is almost an essential item. But when not regressed or only lightly so, the pacifier feels 'wrong' somehow or uncomfortable. This is of course for ABs for whom a pacifier is more than just a prop but instead is an important Attachment Object for them.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon where a pacifier is sometimes essential and other baby times is not really the same way?

AS part of my research I did discover a phenomenon among some regressive adult babies. Some find that when they are quite regressive the pacifier fits in the mout comfortably and easily and is almost an essential item. But when not regressed or only lightly so, the pacifier feels 'wrong' somehow or uncomfortable. This is of course for ABs for whom a pacifier is more than just a prop but instead is an important Attachment Object for them.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomenon where a pacifier is sometimes essential and other baby times is not really the same way?

I have to agree with you, when my wife bought my nuk 5 after she read your book I thought it was silly and waste of money. But that first night of sleeping with it was amazing, and I was shocked that when I woke up it was still in my mouth. I have been sleeping with it every night since and if it falls out during the night I wake up in a panic until I find it.