LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Should I Tell My Therapist That I'M An Ab/Dl?

54 members have voted

1. 1. Should I tell my therapist that I'm an AB/DL

• Yes
    • No

To put it bluntly - this AB/DL interest is PRIVATE / PERSONAL and NOT up for discussion with anyone other than your significant other - and then only if you and s/he are close enough. To some, the AB/DL interest is a sexual action. Would you discuss your sexual actions with your doctor etc... The answer is YES, if you needed their expertise in helping you with a medical concerned problem, but otherwise NO.

A doctor is only interested in you to the extent of FIXING / CURING a problem. Your diaper interest is either a problem that you wish fixed, OR something private that is none of your doctors concern. Just because that you are dealing with a doctor of the mind, does not give them more insight into your personal life.

• Like 2

Well i would always say no to telling a therapist anything like this its just another thing for them to use and build apon (if you dont get it im very hostile towards therapists, espically psychatrists) But hay i just dont trust any1 i wouldnot tell her, but then im a bad councilling patient... cause i have my own problems and am very very reluctent to talk..

you school does not have access to your medical records unless you sign a waiver

your pharmacy does not have access to your medical records unless you sign a waiver

if you see a counselor (I>E> NOT a psychiatrist or psychologist) and it is through your medical clinic then yes your session notes could be put into your file.

if your counselor/therapist has a private practice then those session notes are NOT connected to your 'medical' record unless you sign a waiver for your pcp to have access to them.

I don't know why your school would have your therapy notes or your pharmacy.

To put it bluntly - this AB/DL interest is PRIVATE / PERSONAL and NOT up for discussion with anyone other than your significant other - and then only if you and s/he are close enough. To some, the AB/DL interest is a sexual action. Would you discuss your sexual actions with your doctor etc...

First up, the OP isn't seeing a doctor. Second, what the heck do you discuss with a therapist that isn't private and personal? You don't pay them all that dosh to chat about the weather :lol:

• Like 2

and to point sometimes you DO discuss sexual actions with your doctor, especially 1. if you are young and would not want to ask your parent 2. are having symptoms and are unsure if its related to sex 3. are seeking help regarding sexual abuse/rape etc... all times you would speak of your 'sex life' with a doctor...

geeeeesssshhhhhhhhhhh

my doctor asks me every year at my annual if i'm practicing safe sex, etc.... its standard to ask that question to sexually active patients.

Hey, we're not who we are because I'm an ABDL. -_- Actually 75% of my stress is asleep in the other room. :whistling:

ohh i'm totally who i am becayse YOU are an abld LOL heheheheh see what i did there!!!

but i totally understand, just had to be a brat and respond.. its my birthday i'm allowed just this once... :P

ohh i'm totally who i am becayse YOU are an abld LOL heheheheh see what i did there!!!

but i totally understand, just had to be a brat and respond.. its my birthday i'm allowed just this once... :P

Happy Bratty Birthday, Sarah!!! Yes, I think I saw a rule somewhere saying you ARE allowed to be a brat on your birthday!:littleangel:

Well, as you know and sometimes deride me for, I NEVER tell anyone. I don't trust a soul and use this defense as a means of survival.

-DR

Clearly, then, diapers aren't the problem for Rainger....

But, thinking about DSM-IV (got to reading this around a nutty ex GF), the approach was that if your paraphilia (whatever sexual wierdness, compared to whatever standard you like) wasn't endangering anyone, including yourself, or impairing your functioning, then it wasn't a problem. Not that a later therapist didn't periodically remind me of the need for discretion in purchasing from time to time.

It helped me, in my own situation, to decide that I'd bring that out with my therapists...who proceeded to ignore it, since the problem was crying fits, (and a nutty, abusive GF), not comforting myself with diapers...

Hello, it's me again :D . Most of the time, a psychiatrist or psychotherapist is going to be geared towards helping their client function better. If you mention diapers to them, then most likely they will assume you have a need for them, and that there is some disability involved. Sometimes, medications will go with the prescription, sometimes not. They won't likely think you're crazy for needing them, many good people do. It is a very unfortunate reality. But anyway. In some cases, you can get them prescribed, and in most cases, covered by medical insurance. Be careful to not ask for too many, because you could end up with a surplus. A bit of advice: If it has a cloth-like backing, it might be a little hard to sell on EBay. Good luck!

The mean old computer

most insurance companies if medically needed will only cover so many diapers or so much money for them a month but a presription by a psychologist .... who is NOT a therapist.... likely will not get u insurance coverage for diapers

If you have a cafeteria plan with your work or FIFA (I believe it also called) you can use that none taxed dollars that you have set aside on adult diapers (but they would use medical term) for reimbursement when you send it into your program. I did this with my own program sending in the form with a copy of the Walgreens receipt just to see if it would work and it did. I have also noticed that some medical supply stores place the (FIFA) symbol next to products that it is works with.

So that is something.

careful though they have changed the kaw about what a flex spending account will cover lots of over the counter products such as first aid tylenol and diapers will only be covered with a prescription from ur doctor which u would have to send in to the company this is new since jan 1 2011

careful though they have changed the kaw about what a flex spending account will cover lots of over the counter products such as first aid tylenol and diapers will only be covered with a prescription from ur doctor which u would have to send in to the company this is new since jan 1 2011

More than that, the point of a good shrink is FUNCTIONING.... getting diapers prescribed is more like dragging someone, unwilling, into your private sex scene and in very bad taste. And that is the real test of whether you should tell your shrink about your relationship to your padding...is it interfering with your FUNCTIONING, especially in the social sense.

Incidentally, the shrinks advice in that department is already writ large here...relax, it's not a moral issue, just one of keeping the relationship with your padding appropriately private and not letting it get in the way of everything else in your life. If he or she tells you anything that contradicts that, don't trust the shrink.

But, if you want a thought, my shrink reported(2003?) that about half his patients get into enough sexual side effects on their meds to end up trying a different one...and, stuff like SSRI's does some wierd stuff down there sometimes, like making it hard to pee when you start.