LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Remember Plastic Pants When....

This is part of a response to a separate string that I thought deserved its own string.

I'm a product of the 50's so I can say that they ( Gary plastic pants ) have the same feel as the baby pants of old, but maybe softer. How do I know? I remember carrying my little cousin and always loved rubbing & patting that nice smooth padded bum and giving him his bottle. It's no wonder that we relate to that wonderful feeling of being safe and secure in a soft fluffy diaper and plastic baby pants while cuddling up to a bottle. What a feeling of contentment. I remember the same thing with my nephew in Gerber toddler baby pants in the late 80's. So all you diaper and plastic pants wearers, enjoy those wonderful baby pants, and if you have the time, please tell us about them. Thanks to companies like Gary and their distributors, we can be transported back to those more pleasant times when we were held like my cousin and nephew while securely encased in a soft diaper and plastic or rubber pants from Gerber, Empire, Alexis, Evenflo, fruit-of-the-loom, playtex, or any of the multitude of store brands like Pat-a-Cake that Mom purchased from Woolworth's, especially in those larger sizes like toddler and super sizes in our later years as older babies or bedwetters. Those are wonderful memories for us all I'm sure. God, how I miss those days. Is there anyone out there that feels like I do, or is this all lost to a fetish type response on our part??

Happy New year to all.

I'm as old as dirt also, maybe dirt is older but who cares, anyway I have one memory of wearing rubber pants in our old house, I remember how big they were over my diaper.

The memory for me will stick with me for the rest of my life, myself and my youngest brother sitting on the steps waiting for mom take us upstairs to our cribs for the night.

Both of us dressed alike in those big diapers and our rubber pants.

That is the only memory I have of being that young, but the memory is always of wearing those rubber pants.

I would think it was about 1954-5

I was born in '79 , and was also put in cloth diapers. I was apparently allergic to the plastics being used at the time in disposables, so my mom put me in cloth.

I only have a scant few memories when I was younger than 5. One, I must have been 2, maybe going on 3 years old. We were at my cousins house and I was having my diaper unpinned on the floor in the living room. 2 of my older cousins and 3 of my older bros walked through the room, I watched them walk through and they glanced at me as they crossed by then went out the front door. I wasn't embarrased or anything, I was just there, noticing them noticing me and my mother. That's kind of a random memory lol. But yea, at that age I wasn't thinking anything of it, neither were they. *shrugs*

Two, when I was 4, I found a few pair of plastic pants that used to be mine stashed away in a closet. I grabbed them and tried them on. They were tight but I got em on. That's all I really remember about that.

Anyways, what's ironic is that while I was in cloth as a baby, I prefer disposables as an AB/DL :D I like cloth, but not as much as disposables. weird huh? lol

~lilme

My baby book list rubber pants as gifts. I cannot say that I remember what I actually wore. Rubber pants seemed to be used as a name for plastic pants too as the transition from rubber to plastic happened. Our parents had been raised with rubber pants and that was the name. I do have awareness of the plastic pants used by my younger brother. He is 4 years younger.

The 1950s and 1960s were also a time for plastic raincoats. I loved the smell and feel of them too.

wribbit

I remember form the late 1949's being changed twice, once with the orange rubber and the othr with a tranlucient sort of ecru pair. I do not even remember the diaper, ust the panties. I also remember seeing them quite a lot thereafter. The better once had mateial more like Comco, thick and smooth. In about 1953 I saw the grainy kind, these were considder cheap. They did not come out with the thin material until very early in the 1970's. They were all callled rubber panties or pants and still are by ordinary people

They were considered girlish and girls were diapered at later ages than boys, for whome that was considered "sissy". and you could terrify a 5 year old by by telling him that if he did not shape up, you would put him in "pink rubber panties and a dress" or "a diaper and pink rubber panties like a baby girl", or "rubber panties with nothing under them so that you will feel them on you". when I was 5, my aunt with whom I lived threatened to put "a rubber diaper " on me. I also think mommies liked to feel the material as I could see and hear many of them sliding their hand(s) on the little one's panties after they were in place and the baby lifted off the changing sheet before putting her diress down. I do not think they were adjuxting the panties since they were sliding their hand(s) along the material which means they were not pressing hard enough to move the panties

Also, Most little girls inherited one or more pairs for their dolly box which were often too big for all but one or two of the dolls. In fact, the panties that were put on me in 1948 and my sister in 1950 I last saw in one of my cousin's dolly boxes in about 1953 or 4. Many girls I knew put the rubber panties on the dolly without or under the diaper for some reason. In the late 1940's and early 50's they were used either over or instead of reugular undies on a 4 or 5 year old if it was felt that the child might have a small acceident, even as late as, though rarae, 1961

As I have written here and on other diaper websites, growing up my extended family was diaper-friendly. My Mom, Aunt Betsy and their mother Granny Vi all were urinary incontinent by the time I was born. My older sister still had bladder control, yet it was tiny and over-active.

Officially I was out of diapers and toilet trained by 33 months. Still, with my own tiny O-A bladder, I routinely wore trainers instead of thin cotton panties. So did my older sister. For trips and special events Mom nicely asked us to wear pinned gauze diapers. Over those we wore Gerber vinyl panties. Except when in school normally we wore Gerber vinyl panties over our trainers. The same was true for my younger brother and sisters, except that my kid brother gained normal bladder control at age 10. Us girls wore trainers or diapers until we moved out. Even then we wore most of the time.

Sure, I remember Gerber vinyl panties very well. Up through size "Toddler-Large" Mom bought those from local stores. Long before I was born Gerber made and sold vinyl pants in larger sizes from their factory in Three Oaks, Michigan. During the summer of 1976 Dad, Mom and all us girls spent an afternoon visiting the Three Oaks factory. The employees, who had corresponded with Granny and Mom for years, knew we were coming. They prepared a pot-luck feast.

Today it is not easy to compare current vinyl with genuine Gerber pants. The main problem is that vinyl changes as it ages. Keeping it in the dark slows the changes, but hardly stops change.

When Gerber decided to get out of the adult plastic pants business, they allowed the Three Oaks employees to use it under the name VIP. At first VIP actually used left over vinyl made for Gerber. Later they ordered the same material, but it is possible it was slightly different.

By the time VIP started I had returned to gauze diapers for bed and had found I preferred the fit and feel of Pro-Health boilable vinyl panties. After Pro-Health burned down, I wore various brands until my friend Crissy Penn started selling vinyl panties she designed which Gary Manufacturing made for her. That vinyl was very close to the material VIP was using and that Gerber had used. When Crissy closed her business in 1994, I continued to buy her style made by Gary panties through a dealer in Whittier. When that woman went out of business I started buying my soft vinyl panties from Kins Division of Babykins.

As far as preventing leaks, all of those vinyl panties worked well for me. I am not sure the Kins panties are identical to the old Gerber. What I can say is that when I am in my adult baby mood, the Kins panties are every bit as effective as those from Crissy enhancing my AB fantasy of an even more ideal childhood than I actually had.

I do not remember the brands that I wore, probably Playtex. I do know that Empire was around in '52 as was Warrens

When did Gerber start and what was the material like?

I still say we need a rubber panties forum

I too grew up in the 50s , I started wetting the bed at 6 years old . My mom returned me to diapers and rubber pants she used a brand called Milkey Way . They were pink in color and had small holes on either side . She also kept a rubber sheet on my bed . :mellow:

I grew up in the cloth/plastic pants era. Disposables were around or just starting to come onto the market when I was born. I'm guessing that I wore the Gerber plastic pants over my cloth. There are pictures of me toddling around in just a cloth diaper with no plastic pants over them. I don't remember if I was completely naked beyond the diaper or if I had a shirt on. It obviously was too hot for the plastic pants as we lived in the desert. I used to buy the plastic pants when I was growing up but of course was too big to fit into them so I tried doing other things with them.

In the mid to late 1960's Kleinert made an adult size plastic panty that felt just like the baby panties I was familiary with. By 1979 they had changed to a grainy material. but the ones from the '60's were just soooo little girlish...

Now that the question of what was around has come up

eBay seller of vintage baby rubber panties

Please use this link soon, Every so often the store is empty

The Salk material felt like sandpaper. I think many audlt rubber panties used graiy material so as not to be confused with baby patns or they were cheaper, Salk made a better grade of "Pro pant" called surgical and the material was smooth like we understand. Salk was not a good idea because the lining was attached so to clean the panties you had to clean the whole thing This made them take longer to dry than unlined panties so you needed a pair for every change.

Yeah, I'm one of those old farts too :blush: and being a kid of the 60's, I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants until my parents thought other wise :P They kind of cheated though and used a diaper service for us, so I'm not 100% sure what we wore. In going through old receipts and such, I am pretty sure we wore flat diapers and what ever plastic pants the di-dee company provided. There is one picture of my younger brother sitting on the floor next to my mom. He's prolly around 18 months I guess and in 'jammies' and a heck of a diaper bulge, so I guess mom really layered us up with those flat diapers :blush: ,......maybe thats why I like bulky diapers so much....never know.

Anyways, I remember being in a couple of neighbors houses playing and the younger kids who still needed diapers wore cloth and plastic gerber pants.....which I lusted over :P

One older kid was still a bedwetter at the age of 5 (I guess) and he had a stack of prefolds and plastic pants in the closet *sigh* he used to poop in his pants a lot as well, and I remember thinking that he just should have stayed in diapers, since potty training didn't sgree with him *shrug*

Anyways, yeah, those were the good old days, cloth diapers and plastic pants....:D

*fades off in a dreamy daze*

I wore diapers into the early 1970s and was a product of the switch from cloth diapers and plastic pants into the world of disposable diapers. My mom kept me in both kinds of diapers and tended to use cloth and plastic pants for nighttime and for days around the house when we stayed at home. Disposable diapers were reserved for vacations, errands and activities away from home. I also wore disposable diapers at the nursery school/daycare I attended periodically. I distinctly remember the plastic pants as being the gerber brand, pull-on style that were milky white. I always had to wear plastic pants over my cloth diapers and remember how bulky they felt and looked - particularly when I was in double diapers at night. I would wake up in the morning and watch TV in my thick diapers and plastic pants and wait to be changed. Some mornings during the summer, I remember being changed out of my PJs into just diapers, plastic pants and a tshirt until later in the morning. My plastic pants were like wearing big balloons when exposed and not covered up.

It seems that many persons remember that they were in Gerber baby panties. How do people here know what brand of baby panties they wore? Were you not too little to read or to understand the idea of "brinad". I only know the way mine felt because I felt them once when I was in my crib. The material was very smooth like Comco but not "soft", unless they were already a bit aged, I was the third child so the panties could have been a couple of years old all ready (this was 1948 from what I can make sense of) when they were used on my sister; I recongnized the color, they were already pretty stiff because they could seemed to hold their shape and that was about 1950 since it was not cold out so it was spring and I was already 4

I do not remember much about the peach rubber ones or how the material felt and I do not remember any other of my baby panties

This is one I have been meaning to mention for some time.

The year was etiher 1968 and I was at the house of the leader of the band for which I ran the light show and his older sister had her baby, who, like all babies needed to be changed,. Instead of pulling the rubber panties donw, she unfastened them at the crotch and pulled them up over the tummy. they were translucent pastel ivory with a bit more yellow and I do not know if they were smooth or grainy material. I do not know what brand or anything about them.

• 1 month later...

i 2 was born in the 60s havent any memories of being diapered but i wore cloth wiyh plastic pants i remember them being sold in chemists they used 2 be packaged like a tube cant remember the brand :girl_baby:

• 3 years later...

See and get your own copy of the "Rubber Panty Hall of Fame"

http://other.sandralyn.net/rphof.html

And visit the Rubber panty section of the DollHOUse

I remember my cloth diaper experience from the early-mid 80's. When I was first born, and until the time I was around 2 1/2 - 3, I was always put in the boxed Pampers, but then my mom started to put me in cloth diapers in plastic pants from the time I was near 3 and onward until age 4 to 4 1/2. I think she imagined they would make me "train" faster (but that was not to be :rolleyes: ).