LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Different Poop Topic

This may be a little off the normal topic here and sound's gross but this appeared in my paper a week ago. It seems that with some of these super bugs going around some people have come up with a bug that causes diahrea and nothing that has been tried as far as drugs has helped. It's all about the bacteria in the colen.

I kid you not, but doctor's have figured out a way to cure those people affected. It's with fecal transplants! Yes, what they actually do is take feces from a healthy person and transplant it into the colin's of people with this problem! The good bacteria in the normal person's feces takes over and overpowers the bad bacteria in the sick person's stool.

If you don't believe me, check out this link; http://scienceblogs.com/aetiology/2007/12/fecal_transplants_to_cure_clos.php

Wow. This is the first time I've heard of poop being used as a health transplant, after a fashion! I can't believe they don't have another method of introducing good bacteria into the sick peoples' colons, but whatever works. I'd donate some poop to help out! Can you imagine wearing a pin on your lapel or a bumper sticker on your car saying "I'm A Proud Poop Donor"? ;)

I am an AB/DL not a fecalpheliac. The only real interest I have in hearing about poop is when it is pants or diapers and usually mine or a woman's at that, although I enjoy hearing about any AB/DL's experiences. Outside of AB/DL it is not a topic I seek out to talk about.

I am sure the medical procedure can be done, seems like it could done with some kind of synthetic stool or bacteria injections too, but I am not a scientist. I would be much more interested in reading about curing aids or cancer than poop transplants.

This may be a little off the normal topic here and sound's gross but this appeared in my paper a week ago. It seems that with some of these super bugs going around some people have come up with a bug that causes diahrea and nothing that has been tried as far as drugs has helped. It's all about the bacteria in the colen.

I kid you not, but doctor's have figured out a way to cure those people affected. It's with fecal transplants! Yes, what they actually do is take feces from a healthy person and transplant it into the colin's of people with this problem! The good bacteria in the normal person's feces takes over and overpowers the bad bacteria in the sick person's stool.

If you don't believe me, check out this link; http://scienceblogs....o_cure_clos.php

I saw this article myself a couple days ago and had to wonder where the logic of the doctor who came up with this procedure came from- I'm sure they don't teach it in Med school :roflmao: Well, as long as it works and people are healed then even as gross as it sounds it can't be all bad :rolleyes: If they found a way to put it in a pill instead, would you take that pill? :P

As someone whose digestive system is seriously out of kilter and who has studied digestion quite deeply, I can see why this works :blush: Most people do not realize that you are full of good bacteria which breaks down the food you eat. Many medications meant to kill bad bacteria also kill the good :huh: which is one of the main reasons I am strongly against the pill-cure mindset of modern medicine. A lot of what the doctor gives you is just barely better than the symptoms it cures in how it adversely affects other parts of your body :angry2: And the pharma companies do all they can to hide this with the blessing of our government :rant:

If people truly understood how much trouble the body has dealing with processed foods and synthetic substances they would change to healthier diets immediately ;) I firmly believe that if Americans ate healthier, we'd cut out medical woes in half almost overnight because you are what you eat so most Americans are pretty close to being plastic :o

Bettypooh

BettyPoo talks sense: If it weren't for bacteria we'd all be dead. And most useful bacteria in fact ARE in you gut, this includes poo. I'm not at all surprized at the unorthodox treatment, -- even now, they place maggots on festering wounds, as maggots will eat only the bad stuff and leave the good tissue alone. If that treatment mentioned was to do me some good I'd have it. The donor would have to be male and good looking though...

Daddy Fred.