LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hot Dogs Or Hamburgers

HOt Dogs or Hamburgers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

I, too, agree that this is a tough choice, & I'm going to call it a tie. Good Times Burgers are the best next to homemade on the Grill. As for Hot Dog's its Nathan's Brand, or Ballpark Beef ones. Hebrew National is up there too.

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2011!:D

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I am a hot dog person. Hamburgers have become more "corporate" and uniform. Hot dogs are very local and variable. I have had 3 radically different kinds of Coneys Fall River, which has a Greek influence since the early places were set up by Greeks (Nicks, Georges and King Philip lunch beginning from 1915 to 1948) A place in Western Mass and The Dog House in Yonkers. NY. Their pups had a somewhat hispanic flavor to them. There were a couple of places in Provdence RI that sold Coneys but I havent' been to New York System since 1967 and the snack bar at Rhode Island College up to 1978..

While most dogs use a crusty bun, the New Enland style uses a bun that is most like a folded peice of bread and called a "frankfort role" as part of the making of this kind of pooch, the roll is often toasted on each side with butter ("Carnival" style, named for "the Carnival" in Fall River). Surpsingly I foud a dog with a similar roll in Arkansas in 1981 that was a chili dog and the roll was not toasted. Skully Square in Boston had a pretty good dog but I've not been there since 1959 but that was THE place in Boston for dogs and Skully Square is long gone. The ideal New England dog has a chareed or very well-done strip running the length of the frank that adds to the taste and the toasted roll is preferred. "the works" is mustard, green relish and coarsly chopped onions. for the coney it is mustard, sauce and finely chopped onions

Just to show the effect of corpoprations and mass-marketing on culture 50 or even 40 years ago, hot dogs were the clear favorite of kiks. The olid-style hamburgers were bigger than the standard 1 ounce of today and the condiments were, as with the hot dogs, Mustard, Relish and onions, but the relish was red relish and the onion was cut in rings, although King Philip Lunch (on King Philip St.) had a special sauce that he used on both burgers and coneys. In Fall River,, the "coney island" sauce varied according to the location. in the 1970's to the middle '90's Coney Island places were almost neighborhood phenomena, with there being about 10, now there are about 4 that I know of and all the original owners have died save that of King Philip Lunch, who retured in about 2010 and I saw a few months ago. The place is now Mike's Kitchen and makes a very good coney as does Sekonnet Hot Dogs in Tiverton, RI. I too have my own recipe for coney sauce, which my aunt kind of liked back in the mid '70's but it is nowhere near what Nick's was but even Nick's, since the original owner diead in c1978, has never been the same