LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Baby Print Diapers And An Accident

This is one of those things that tends to cross my mind as I'm putting on printed diaper such as the Bambino, ABU Cushie or even my print cloth diapers. What would happen if I suddenly had to go to the doctor or hospital say because I was in a car accident or got injured somehow? Major car accident, yeah, probably wouldn't care so much and wouldn't be aware but even at that, the first responders, ambulance crew, and staff at the hospital are all probably going to notice them. Who wouldn't be like "WTF!!, this dudes wearing a full print adult diaper", "What fetish is this guy into", "Did you see this guys diaper!". Especially a diaper like the ABU Cushie would be pretty hard to explain off(not that you'd need to but I'd feel the need to and they may ask). Even if it's a minor accident or injury not even involving a car where you to be rushed or at least taken to the dr. without being able to stop for a second to remove your printed diaper or for some just a diaper in general if it's not required and just for fun. For me, I'd feel panicked and almost cornered, even if I just had my hand smashed, I'd probably almost feel more concerend about all the staff at the hospital seeing my print diaper. If it was just a regular adult diaper, not as much (still quite a bit though) but print, yeah, big fear for me. Either type of diaper, you're probably going to be asked questions about needing a new diaper especially if you're going to be there for a period of time so I think about what would I do? Play it off since I don't totally need diapers and then say, "no, I wear for fun, you don't have to get me a new diaper" or "yes, I need a change please." For me too, if I was hurt enough, other family would probably come to see me especially if I were there overnight and explaining my diapers to them would be tough too. It's just to hard to hide it in a hospital setting while wearing a gown.

Sure, there are plenty of you out there that are going to say, who cares, I don't care what others think of me or my diapers, etc, but for me and plenty others, this would be a pretty big issue. Just they way I am.

So how many of you out there have worried about this sort of thing happening? Has it happened to you? If so, tell the story!!

Interesting post :)

I would normally be mortified if somebody unexpected saw me in a diaper and even more so if it was a blatant AB-styled diaper with teddy ;) or sailboats and aeroplane designs all over it :lol:

But... If it were in the situation you described, I'd probably not care too much. I'd still be anxious about it, for sure. What if the neighbours or my in-laws come, etc, etc... But the medical staff, it wouldn't bother me much. First, they're trained to be professionally discreet and probably would have a good giggle about it in the break room later but wouldn't say anything to your face. Second, they've probably seen far more embarrassing things before (this story springs to mind :roflmao:). Third, they see people at their most embarrassed and vulnerable every single day. Patients walk the halls with half-full cath drain bags hanging from IV poles wearing those god-awful robes that never seem able to cover your butt and your front simultaneously, etc, etc. Seeing people in an embarrassing, exposed state is an everyday occurrence for the staff, who are paid to be professional about it.

The only place where it would get really awkward for me would be if they assumed incontinence and offered a clean diaper or a catheter, etc... I'd have to find a way to decline and tell them I didn't need it. That would be embarrassing but I'd still expect them to handle it professionally and not pass comment. You can find yourself in the ER at a second's notice so it's unreasonable for them to think that nobody will ever come in wearing unusual or fetish related stuff...

Guest NaughtyAshes

Unfortunately I have a grimmer reply then what you were expecting. Paramedics or emergency room teams in some locales have a history of not treating people, or sub par treatment if they don't fit into their narrow little cultural boxes.

We would all like to think Paramedics and doctors will treat anyone, that they are heros, and many are for sure and that all they would do is maximally have a slight giggle at our expense after they were finished saving our lives. But the fact is, they may decide "not to treat the pervert in the diaper," that "we are better off with one less pedo in the world."

I know many like to draw the conclusion between the ABDL community and the LGBT community. Often I don't find that comparison adequate or warranted, and actually a little offensive. Here though, I think the comparison is quite apt. They may let you die.

hmmm I think if I got into a car crash with a diaper on it would be the cherry on top of my crap cake of a day lol. The diaper would be the least of my worries, and the nurse would think I actualy need diapers if I came into the hospital knocked out with one on. haha might wake up already changed into a new one, and I might actualy need it after a bad crash :rolleyes:

i tend to agree most medical staff are highly proffesional people however there are some that arent, and id definitly have to say that if they find you in a nappy, you dam well say you need it weather u do or not and if it is print design make something up about it being on sale or something. the last thing you want is for someone who may be responsible for saveing your life to have any reason to dislike you, irrespective of weather their prejudices are legal or not.

• Like 1

I work as a medic and coming across a diaper in the field is pretty standard. In a major car accident we are just going to cut it off and cath you anyway due to fractured pelvis, internal bleeding or lumbar spine injury. I would rather have you urinate all over the rig then have you bleed out from a fractured pelvis. A printed diaper in the field is not that strange, will barely make a good story. Grown man masterbaitng to a shrine of his dead mother? Now thats a story that will garner some attention in the ER or from medics.

I have plenty of family, friends and others that I've talked with or heard talk about their jobs in a hospital and they patients they've dealt with. Yes, they may be proffessional to your face but the second they walk out of your room, all bets are off. It's the breakroom talk and hallway talk even. Not to mention what they tell their families, friends and others outside of work. They just can't use names per privacy act, but they definately can tell the story. Sure, you probably don't care about what all those people think of you since you'll never meet them but I personally would be somewhat mortified of all the whispering going on behind my back in the halls of the hospital. You may also get some "extra" staff visitors so they can sneak a peek and be snoopy. Yeah, we'd all like to think of how proffessional they all may be and that they see your baby print diapers and just don't say a word ever but they're people no different than you and me. They gossip too and talk about their day.

EMT's or people who volunteer for the city Fire Departments that may be a first responder aren't all that "proffesional" in some sense. Sure, they know the basics but it's typically just a few classes and some training and you can do either job. Not to belittle it but they're not all 8 year college grad doctors. They're Joe Farmer down the street trained to do CPR, fight smaller fires and a few other things. It's actually easier than you think to become an EMT or volunteer firefighter. I think it's just to nieve to think that you won't be talked about behind your back and laughed about or have jokes made about you at your expense. Sure, the hospital staff probably gets numerous patients with dildos stuck in guys arses every week but it doesn't make it any less humerous to some of the staff. From people I know who work in the hospitals, patients that are "repeat offenders" have nicknames with the staff. You're talked about.

Car accident leave you exposed to the outside where bystanders can see you too and have no privacy act worries. You may not even be all that injured but your pants tear or whatnot leaving you exposed and people will be gawking. Just saying, it could happen and it's somewhat of a fear of mine when wearing print diapers. Guess if you died they coroner would find you in one too. You can't tell me they won't be shocked! Even I would be and I'm a DL!

Printed Adult diapers are fairly new to the market, most non ab/dl people don't even know they exist, you'd have to come in wearing one, they'd have to discover you wearing one, etc, etc. Soooo many things would have to line up exactly for you to wind up in a position where you'd be in a printed diaper exposed to hospital staff that it's slim to none and most staff it'll likely be the first time they'll ever see such a diaper and it will shock them. Wouldn't it you if you didn't know about this fetish, the diapers, etc.?

Now, this isn't only about a car accident, that's probably worst case scenario but there's also the element of just needing to go to the hospital for something where you may wind up in a gown wearing your ABU Cushies. :blush: Boy would my face be RED!!! Try being a nurse or doctor working with that and not cracking a smile or becoming wide eyed at that sight.

Here is the thing, you think diapers are strange especially printed ones. Diapers are common nobody cares about them. So you add print on to a diaper and what happens. Maybe a raised eyebrow at best but diapers are just not strange, they are not worth talking about. Nobody wants to talk about a guy who came in wearing a diaper with a dislocated knee, fractured tib/fib, or a high fever. The 5150 who stole a car drove it out onto an airport tarmac to save the world from Al-Quida is the story people will talk about. The strange calls that get ran or the strange people who walk into the ER so far eclipse a male in a printed diaper that no one freaking cares. If you were in full onesie, a pacifier, had a dom mommy with you, and talked like an infant? Yes that would garner some interest. The situation in what you describe though is pretty mundane. You care because your self-conscious of what you do, but wearing a diaper with prints on them in the grand scheme of things is small on the scale of weird that walks though an ER's doors. If you live out in rural america in a town of 1000 people your fear might be justified but any major populated area or trauma center, nobody cares.

I came very close to getting in a car wreck with a diaper on earlier this year in April. We were driving from Michigan to Florida, and on the very first day (we hadn't even gotten out of Curt's hometown), we got t-boned. Originally I was going to wear diapers the whole trip down just for fun but for whatever reason, I decided not to wear that day. I call it a blessing in disguise, because it was a really serious wreck and in the ambulance, they removed all my clothing. Though to be honest, even if I was wearing a diaper, I doubt I would've even thought of it, I was too worried about whether or not I was going to live, and being in that much pain, it was hard to think of anything else since I couldn't move or talk.

I also seriously doubt a diaper would have made any difference in how they treated me. I imagine they would have asked my boyfriend about it but they were too busy making sure I was alive to do anything else.

Just my two cents, but in the case of a life threatening emergency, I don't think it matters much, if at all, and I think anybody who has had serious injuries can also vouch for me that that would be the least important thing going on.

^How did you come very close to getting in a car wreck and then you did???

Anyway, Paradox, I do see your point and in the grand scheme of things if you're in a serious injury accident, it's probably going to grab the medics attention for a second and then onto business. However, there are plenty of less serious accidents or just simple doctor visits too that I'm talking about too. You may have to drive yourself to the hospital or be taken by ambulance with non life threatening injuries too and just get monitored by the EMT's. I'm just saying, in those situations you're much more vulnerable to exposure then just going about your daily business where you're in control of what's going on. Accidents or hospital visits, you often lose that control and become more exposed and vulnerable to the situation.

I'd say yes, diapers on adults probably aren't anything new but as you said they're not all that uncommon, I highly, highly doubt they're all that common either. Especially in a twenty something male that's not physically disabled or obviously in need of them due to a pre-existing condition. I'm a twenty something, healthy male and wearing a cushie to the dr say because I fell and broke my wrist and had to drive myself or have someone bring me to the doctor would cause all sorts of mental issues for me as well as many others I'm sure. It's not a HUGE emergency and I'm sure I'll have to disrobe or be disrobed, especially if I need surgery on my wrist say. It will be a calm, normal environment where we're talking like normal(I'm just in pain) and then there I am standing undressed while they put a gown on me wearing a fully printed adult diaper. You honestly think they won't bat an eye at it or mention this printed diaper to a coworker or family member? Come on, I would, and so would many people. Not trying to cause an arguement just showing my perspective as it may be different than yours because of where we live or the size of the city and how it operates or what type of "accident" we're talking about. It's a different story if it's not a serious accident. I do know too what gets said by nurses and dr.s as many, many family member work in the field and talk about strange things that happen. It's often what keeps the job bearable, a little mood lightener my diapers would probably provide. :blush:

If you live in a largly populated city, obviously the chances of being caught by someone you know are smaller but I still wouldn't like if a ton of total strangers saw me in a diaper either. I live in an outer suburb but small enough we don't have a full time FD, just volunteers who are average Joe's down the street. It's a little different like that. The town I use to live in had 1-2 cops on duty a day, you got to know them just because the town was small enough and because of the job I had. I don't know if I could look them in the face right if they'd caught me a twenty something, 250lb, stalky, tough guy wearing a cushie. Just saying.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I have a grimmer reply then what you were expecting. Paramedics or emergency room teams in some locales have a history of not treating people, or sub par treatment if they don't fit into their narrow little cultural boxes.

We would all like to think Paramedics and doctors will treat anyone, that they are heros, and many are for sure and that all they would do is maximally have a slight giggle at our expense after they were finished saving our lives. But the fact is, they may decide "not to treat the pervert in the diaper," that "we are better off with one less pedo in the world."

I know many like to draw the conclusion between the ABDL community and the LGBT community. Often I don't find that comparison adequate or warranted, and actually a little offensive. Here though, I think the comparison is quite apt. They may let you die.

Unfortunately true :crybaby: Not only did 4 DC firefighters and EMT's let Tyra Hunter die by not treating her at a car accident scene, they actually all got promotions shortly afterward :bash: Here in the south we know what evil still lurks behind the faces of many "normal" people- and that's why I never wanted to be known as "normal" :P Still there are many first-responders who are heroes and will do as they should so let's not put them all down ;) If it bothers you just tell them you lost a bet with your SO and could they please discreetly get rid of them for you? You' re going to get talked about anyway, so maybe this will give them ideas about doing something like that with their own SO :o You never know, that might lead to a few new members here :whistling::lol:

Bettypooh

I have heard many stories from friends who work in a ER. One story of a guy wearing a womans girdle,or another with a guy wearing a chastity belt. I'm sure they pass around these stories for all to enjoy, but I have never heard them mention a name, or any description of the individual. I wear printed cloth diapers and plastic pants, luckly never had to go to an ER. but my Doctor has sees them ever two weeks, when I have to get a shot in my butt. I soon stopped concerning myself with what the Doc thinks. He has made comments, like "Quite some pants you got there!" My responce "Yeah I like them too." Life too short not to enjoy yourself, and people are always going to devalue you. Bob

I was involved in a car accident about 2 years ago. It was serious for me, I got hit from the passenger side and both air bags deployed. My Blazer was totaled and I was close to it. I was taken to the local hospital on a back board wearing a neck brace just in case anything serious happened to me. Once I was in the ER I was stripped down to my bambino diaper and checked out. The doctor asked about it but was very professional about it. I was diagnosed with whip lash, and was out of work for 3 weeks. During the 3 weeks I had a severe case of vertigo to the point I could not lift my head off the pillow. So being in a diaper was a positive thing if you have trouble standing up or sitting up. I went through rehab and finally was able to move again. So my experience was a good one all the way around.

I never wear anything with baby prints. I have been in the hospital with Molicares on and it was just another mark in my chart.

This is one of those things that tends to cross my mind as I'm putting on printed diaper such as the Bambino, ABU Cushie or even my print cloth diapers. What would happen if I suddenly had to go to the doctor or hospital say because I was in a car accident or got injured somehow? Major car accident, yeah, probably wouldn't care so much and wouldn't be aware but even at that, the first responders, ambulance crew, and staff at the hospital are all probably going to notice them. Who wouldn't be like "WTF!!, this dudes wearing a full print adult diaper", "What fetish is this guy into", "Did you see this guys diaper!". Especially a diaper like the ABU Cushie would be pretty hard to explain off(not that you'd need to but I'd feel the need to and they may ask). Even if it's a minor accident or injury not even involving a car where you to be rushed or at least taken to the dr. without being able to stop for a second to remove your printed diaper or for some just a diaper in general if it's not required and just for fun. For me, I'd feel panicked and almost cornered, even if I just had my hand smashed, I'd probably almost feel more concerend about all the staff at the hospital seeing my print diaper. If it was just a regular adult diaper, not as much (still quite a bit though) but print, yeah, big fear for me. Either type of diaper, you're probably going to be asked questions about needing a new diaper especially if you're going to be there for a period of time so I think about what would I do? Play it off since I don't totally need diapers and then say, "no, I wear for fun, you don't have to get me a new diaper" or "yes, I need a change please." For me too, if I was hurt enough, other family would probably come to see me especially if I were there overnight and explaining my diapers to them would be tough too. It's just to hard to hide it in a hospital setting while wearing a gown.

Sure, there are plenty of you out there that are going to say, who cares, I don't care what others think of me or my diapers, etc, but for me and plenty others, this would be a pretty big issue. Just they way I am.

So how many of you out there have worried about this sort of thing happening? Has it happened to you? If so, tell the story!!

Unfortunately true :crybaby: Not only did 4 DC firefighters and EMT's let Tyra Hunter die by not treating her at a car accident scene, they actually all got promotions shortly afterward :bash: Here in the south we know what evil still lurks behind the faces of many "normal" people- and that's why I never wanted to be known as "normal" :P Still there are many first-responders who are heroes and will do as they should so let's not put them all down ;) If it bothers you just tell them you lost a bet with your SO and could they please discreetly get rid of them for you? You' re going to get talked about anyway, so maybe this will give them ideas about doing something like that with their own SO :o You never know, that might lead to a few new members here :whistling::lol:

Bettypooh

I agree with transgender, homosexual, and transexual individuals there will be discrimination. The original poster brought up diapers and diapers with prints which is most working in EMS are simply not going to care about, there is no animosity towards someone who wears diapers and someone wearing prints may draw a slight chuckle. Hatred for transgendes, homosexuals, and transexuals is wide spread from all walks of life. It does not matter if they are medics, doctors, fire, police, office workers, or the great pumpkin people will hate those groups until majority of public view changes. Until then people will get treatment refused, police brutality, fire departments will ignore you, and people will try and spread their hatred anyway they can. It is horrible and it can be helped if people took a stand to fight that kind of nonsense and bigotry. Dragging this quagmire of a conversation into this thread though seems misplaced and deserves a thread of it's own. The original poster was just concerned with diapers.

In America there is a wonderful thing called H.I.P.A.A.. HIPAA does a lot of things but in a nutshell it is a series of privacy laws preventing any information regarding you from leaving the confidence of medical staff. And if it does you can sink your teeth into a very serious lawsuit that will most likely land you a nice fat cash settlement. If a doctor or any other medical staff would ask about me wearing printed diapers I would tell the truth, but only as much truth as they need to know. ie. "no doctor, I am not wearing a diaper for any medical reason. It was my choice to and I'd like to leave it at that." Enough said. Now this doesn't mean they cannot talk of you, just not about you in particular or any facts that may lead someone in any way to the conclusion that it may be you who they are speaking of. So I wouldn't worry about it if it happened to me. In fact, I would get kind of a kick out of it, seeing their reaction.

In America there is a wonderful thing called H.I.P.A.A.. HIPAA does a lot of things but in a nutshell it is a series of privacy laws preventing any information regarding you from leaving the confidence of medical staff. And if it does you can sink your teeth into a very serious lawsuit that will most likely land you a nice fat cash settlement. If a doctor or any other medical staff would ask about me wearing printed diapers I would tell the truth, but only as much truth as they need to know. ie. "no doctor, I am not wearing a diaper for any medical reason. It was my choice to and I'd like to leave it at that." Enough said. Now this doesn't mean they cannot talk of you, just not about you in particular or any facts that may lead someone in any way to the conclusion that it may be you who they are speaking of. So I wouldn't worry about it if it happened to me. In fact, I would get kind of a kick out of it, seeing their reaction.

Yup, any information regarding indent is covered under hippa. So even if they do talk they will get iced horribly, no job, no license etc.

Only problem with HIPPA is it only applies to certain people and not all of the people you may see during your "event" have to abide by this. That meaning, there'll be some loud mouths out there that you can't do anything about. Also as stated above, they can talk about "it" just not the patients name. The staff can talk about "it" amongst each other too and use the name if it's all their case. Basically HIPPA just doesn't allow certain people to put it on the news or discuss your situation but there's typically always someone there to spill the beans of "who" if need be, without reprocussions. Not saying they'd put this as the top story on the 10pm news but just saying, don't fool yourself into thinking your secret is totally safe in a hospital setting.

• Like 1

Only problem with HIPPA is it only applies to certain people and not all of the people you may see during your "event" have to abide by this. That meaning, there'll be some loud mouths out there that you can't do anything about. Also as stated above, they can talk about "it" just not the patients name. The staff can talk about "it" amongst each other too and use the name if it's all their case. Basically HIPPA just doesn't allow certain people to put it on the news or discuss your situation but there's typically always someone there to spill the beans of "who" if need be, without reprocussions. Not saying they'd put this as the top story on the 10pm news but just saying, don't fool yourself into thinking your secret is totally safe in a hospital setting.

How right you are. For the most part though, you have nothing to worry about. So what if you are mentioned behind your back? As long as that mentioning never reaches your ears or affect your life it doesn't really matter. And if it does you have solace in the fact that you may seek retribution and hit them where it hurts the most, their wallet.

In my case, I would be much more concerned that my family and friends would find out I was wearing a diaper as opposed to the ambulance and hospital staff. My friends and family no nothing about my diapers at all and I'm sure they would soon find out when they went to see me in the hospital or when they were notified and had to give the doctors and staff my medical backround. Doctor to family: "What about the incontinence problem?" Family to doctor: "What incontinence problem?" Doctor to family: "He was wearing a diaper when he was brought in" Family to doctor: "WTF?"

Here is what I say. If you are concerned about being in an accident in any diaper, just don't wear them when you go out in public or when you drive places. Leave the diapers at home. Thats the only way to prevent it in any possible case of an accident. If you are AB and don't care one way or another, then feel free to enjoy wearing whatever diaper you feel like wearing. If you are AB and like printed diapers but are concerned about what someone might think if you are in an accident, just save the prints for when you are at home and instead, just wear a regular plain diaper when you go out. That way if the unthinkable happens and you are in an accident, you might be less embaressed having to explain about your diaper. After all, you can always claim mild incontinence or recent bladder problems even if it's not in your medical history.

Lastly, even though it's no guarentee of anything, when I'm out driving, especially when I have a diaper on, I'm at 200% awareness of whats going on around me. Constantly checking all my mirrors to see what cars are behind me or along side of me and being extreamly careful when pulling up to intersections to make sure people behind me are not going to fast that they can rear end me. Also making sure I don't see anyone that may go through the intersection and hit me before I myself enter it. I'm always looking for a clear path away from other cars, obsticals and street signs in case I have to quickly drive out of the way of any danger. You can't stop the inevetable, but with hightened awareness you can help prevent it sometimes.