LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ramble

Guest JS1989

Guest JS1989

I've noticed that all of my character's dialog tends to ramble on. Can anyone give me some advice on how to avoid rambling?

Thanks

Guest AmatureStryWriter

Play out the conversation yourself. That works best, in my opinion.

I also find that interjecting action/description whenever there's a slight pause in the conversation helps.

yea, I pretty much agree with that. I just sort of see the situation in my head like it was playing out right in front of me. In my imagination, people generally don't say anything more than they would in real life (wow, that's a weird statement right? lol).

You ever hold a conversation in your head between you and someone you know you are going to be talking to later on, so you play it out in your head with what you think they might say, followed by what you'd say in response to it and so on? I do that sometimes (I've read that i'm not crazy either, so I'm ok telling you all this lol :screwy: )

~ASW

If your character is having a dialogue, then it helps to imagine the dynamics of the conversation. Are they friends, strangers, hostile? What's the back-and-forth between them like? Figuring that out will help you see what needs to be said, and once you know that, you'll be less at risk to just spout everything out at once.

Hope this advice was useful. Good luck with the writing! :thumbsup: