LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Active Ultra Review With Photos

Regarding the video I don’t know about the rest of you but my wet diapers are a whole lot bigger and heavier that what they are showing in the video. Heck that diaper was barely wet!

And to Bulky baby 15 lbs is a bit much. However I often will need to use multiple trash bags to disperse the weight other wise I think they would need small crane to lift a single bag in to the trash truck.

Just having fun like the rest of ya's Stay Wet !

Guest Pizaz

A stupid question, which I'm the king of asking:

I put in my shipping info for the free sample on the first screen that pops up through the link provided earlier in this thread. After I hit OK, it took me to a second step, where it wants me to tell a friend (which, for obvious reasons, I would never do). But I saw no way to get to the third step, and I didn't get any kind of confirmation my order was placed. Am I missing something on that second screen, or did the order go through? Or did this post make absolutely no sense? Thank you kindly.

I put in my shipping info for the free sample on the first screen that pops up through the link provided earlier in this thread. After I hit OK, it took me to a second step, where it wants me to tell a friend (which, for obvious reasons, I would never do). But I saw no way to get to the third step, and I didn't get any kind of confirmation my order was placed. Am I missing something on that second screen, or did the order go through? Or did this post make absolutely no sense? Thank you kindly.

When I did my free sample I don't remember it asking me to tell my friends anything. maybe try it again and see what happens. call the # on there website and place the free sample order that way.

I got stuck on that same part so I ordered samples instead.

when you get to the second page take your mouse and hold down the left button so that it highlights everything and then you can see the questions they ask before the 3rd step.

Guest Pizaz

when you get to the second page take your mouse and hold down the left button so that it highlights everything and then you can see the questions they ask before the 3rd step.

Ah ha! Think that worked. Thanks.

Yes - you're always supposed to go with the larger of your waist and hips. Hips size isn't really that big a deal for regular underwear because not many styles of undies go down as far as the hips at the sides but diapers do so if your hips are 40", you need a diaper that can stretch around 40" too.

With most diapers, it doesn't really matter all that much because the tapes stick anywhere on the diaper but with these ones, you have to hit the landing zone or the tape simply will not stick.

ok so now i'm confused after the post Dougie made.

finally i remeasured my hips and its more 38", and my waist is still 34".

Thighs 24-25"

so the medium says 32-44", i should be ok with it ? or you would go with the large.

because Dougie seems a bit bigger but medium still fits him.

thanks

ok so now i'm confused after the post Dougie made.

finally i remeasured my hips and its more 38", and my waist is still 34".

Thighs 24-25"

so the medium says 32-44", i should be ok with it ? or you would go with the large.

because Dougie seems a bit bigger but medium still fits him.

thanks

you are basically the same size I am. 38" waist / hips and 25" thighs. I usually use mediums which normally fit and work fine. I have also ordered and tried larges and they end up being to big :( meaning to long and to wide, and end up drooping and such, and also leaking, since the legs don't seal well. I am on the edge of being between sizes, so, you 'could' try some larges, and see if they work, or might be to big, or work with the mediums and futz around a bit with them. The mediums fit me ok and I am satisfied. If they extended the tape panel abut another inch to the edges they would fit much better, but I doubt they would make such a small adjustment...or maybe they would if it was mentioned, I don't know.....I guess asking never hurts.

But anyways, you might just be better off with the mediums, as I have been there and done that and larges are just to big. Now if you want to make yourself feel 'smaller' go with the larges. If you have ever seen a kid in a diaper that was to big, you would feel the same, you almost end up swimming in them :D

or maybe its just me and my 'odd' build *shrug*

qwack

• Like 1

My size "large" Ultra Plus's were waiting for me when I got back from vacation....wearing them Right Now. Large fits perfectly even though the given size of "Medium" is what should fit me. They're nice and bulky between my legs and feel like they just suck up the pee as soon as it comes out. Let's see how they are doing at 3 pm.

Going back to the folding issue, I've tried but I just can't get that method from the video down. It's awkward and always seems to leave wet padding facing out which isn't good for the smell or ick factor.

I stumbled on a better solution earlier and it's so blindingly obvious I don't know why I didn't see it earlier. Fold as normal* until the point where you'd stick the two tapes to secure the ball. If you do this like I always seem to, you'll probably have the rear waistband exposed at this point. Just fold it back out over itself to expose the cloth inside of the waistband, pull the wing tight and stick the tapes to that bit. Job done, no exposed padding. Simples! :)

* Normal, IMO at least is to lay the diaper out flat, fold in the front wings, fold the padding of the diaper from front to back twice leaving the padding sat on top of the opened out back wings, pull one wing over the padding, then roll the whole thing tight and secure with the two remaining exposed tapes. It occurred to me while I was writing this post that maybe not everybody's version of the normal way to fold a diaper would be the same as mine :P

• Like 1

My size "large" Ultra Plus's were waiting for me when I got back from vacation....wearing them Right Now. Large fits perfectly even though the given size of "Medium" is what should fit me. They're nice and bulky between my legs and feel like they just suck up the pee as soon as it comes out. Let's see how they are doing at 3 pm.

if i may ask what waist/hips/thighs size are you.

• 2 months later...

I just ordered another sample of these from magic medical who stocks them, and I really do like how well they work and I love the tape system and how well the whole package works. Then I went to change and came across the problem of rolling the thing up....and hit that "OH YEAH" thought...de ja voiux all over again :P but reading this thread helped sort that issue out.

One other thing, I am wondering if this thread could be 'pinned' as a resource like other brands, so its easier to find. This is a "new" diaper after all :P

qwack

• Like 1

So took me a bit, I forgot how to do it, but it's pinned. What the heck does that do anyway..other than say pinned? :huh:

Edit: Forget it I see now it Pins the topic to the top of the forum section.. Duh! :whistling: But in my defense I never go into the forums like that, per topic. I always use the "view new post " way. :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

has anyone ordered from them recently? I was about to place an order until I read this:

Noise

The outer cloth-like backing on the Active Ultra Plus brief is the quietest among its competitors. Our briefs eliminate the crinkly noises associated with movement. The quiet Velcro fasteners on the diaper allow for discrete changing at any time and in any location.

from Activediaper.com

Honestly, they are pretty quiet, quieter than most I'd say but not as quite as cloth backed. I don't mind it but if you want it to make noise, just stuff a plastic bag down the front of your pants. :P

• Like 1

has anyone ordered from them recently? I was about to place an order until I read this:

Noise

The outer cloth-like backing on the Active Ultra Plus brief is the quietest among its competitors. Our briefs eliminate the crinkly noises associated with movement. The quiet Velcro fasteners on the diaper allow for discrete changing at any time and in any location.

from Activediaper.com

The Active Ultra Plus brief is still plastic backed, ordered some last week. So go ahead an order.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmmm.....

Just got a new case of these today and they're a bit... Different. Not sure if different is bad or not yet but:

- The landing zone seems a bit more plasticy and less cloth-feeling than it was before.

- They feel maybe a bit thinner? This could well be the 'first diaper out of the compressed pack' factor, though.

- The outer plastic is a bit shinier and crinklier. The last batch had the same plastic cover as you get on Teddies but these ones are different (I have some Teddies on hand for side-by-side comparison)

Anybody else? :unsure: The manufacture date on the bottom of the bag is August 8th 2010.

Guest Baby Tiana

I got a free sample pack of them after Jabez told me about it, and loved them. I thought they were great and far more discrete than other diapers I've worn. However I noticed that at times the tapes do pull apart from their side... Well really the velcro part is taped to the tip top half of the tape, and when that gets worked with too much it has a tendency of slipping off. One of my friends actually had to staple his to make sure the velcro stayed on. But it is a good diaper. I would however like to try some other kinds.

I'm pretty sure my concerns above were unfounded now - after a thorough 4-diaper testing the absorbency is still the same :) The plastic is different and so is the landing zone a little bit (I think it extends further into the wings now than it did originally?) but not in any bad way...

I sent Active Ultra an e-mail a while back about my case of 48 diapers having one missing tape tab on the lower Left Hip side of the diapers. In that case I had a total of 5 missing tabs. At least one per 12/pk. One diaper also had a torn plastic cover once opened as the usual missing tab was there, but snagged on the plastic cover. I also had a couple tabs let loose from the wing right away while diapering.

I'm happy to report that they quickly resolved the issue, I just showed some picture proof and they sent me a pack of diapers to arrive today. Great customer service. These diapers are amazing and by far my favorite so it bums me that there were issues but this was also one of the first batches I'd say. I'm willing to keep giving them shots at this as though inconvenient to have to go through the diapers when they arrive and come across defects, they're such a great diaper when they're right, that it'd take a lot for me to not want to wear them.

I'll let you know today if I notice any changes in the diapers.

Well, I got my new pack of Active Ultra's yesterday to replace the 9 that were bad. Thought I'd be getting a bonus 3 diapers as they just sent me a 12/pk but the pack they sent had a slit in the middle cutting one of the diapers. :rolleyes: Oh well, still ahead I guess and I just used packaging tape to tape over the about 3" long slit. Should work. Anyway, the pack I got had the same printed date on it as my previous case I got summer last year. They are the exact same diaper as before with no changes. I may have received an older batch though as maybe they were waiting to send out the pack with the slit to someone who needed replacement diapers. I didn't get the new version if there is one. :(