LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stuffed Animal Importance

I never did the stuffed animal thing as a kid, i had a cabage patch kid and a popple but never was really attached to either(Well the popple I still remember so I guess that one a bit). Now-a-days I like having my stuffed triceratops around, it doesn't claw me or fart in my face like the damn cat.;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have never truly given up my teddies from when I was a kid. I am, and always was very attached to them. Up until I was 13 I always slept with several in my bed at once. I don't really cuddle with them now, but I have to have them on my bed when I go to sleep. I remember once, when I was about 13-ish, i was staying at my cousins house and had forgotten to pack my teddies, and I literally cried myself to sleep. I was inconsolable! I ended up getting into my cousins bed and (literally) falling asleep in his arms. He also loved his toys so he was very sympathetic.

Sorry, I've just realised Ive basically already posted this story on this thread!! Sorry!

The care and cleaning of Mr. Teddy.. Mr. Teddy is very special to me and is the only thing i have from my mommy before she passed away. Teddy was . .. umm.. originally white.. but he is sort of grey now. I would really like to find a way to give him a bath, but it would kill me if anything happened to him. Any tips or tricks of the trade?

The care and cleaning of Mr. Teddy.. Mr. Teddy is very special to me and is the only thing i have from my mommy before she passed away. Teddy was . .. umm.. originally white.. but he is sort of grey now. I would really like to find a way to give him a bath, but it would kill me if anything happened to him. Any tips or tricks of the trade?

How To Clean Plushies

That's the best link I've come across.

~ moogle

I never did the stuffed animal thing as a kid, i had a cabage patch kid and a popple but never was really attached to either(Well the popple I still remember so I guess that one a bit). Now-a-days I like having my stuffed triceratops around, it doesn't claw me or fart in my face like the damn cat.;)

Is it true that peoples plushies are an extension of themselves, similar to peoples animals. :whistling::roflmao:

• Like 1

$29? Costco.com says a 53" Sitting Plush Bear is $54.99...

~ moogle

He's the one, $29 available in either dark brown, blonde (as picture) or like mine, sort of tan.

I guess they are having trouble moving them. They are most definitely $29 at the store. I came in early last week to find some little kid carrying one around and I had to have one.

Mulled over it for a day (told my wife Costco had a bear for $29 but didn't tell her the size, her only comment was no more bears in the bed). He took up the entire shopping cart.

I've got him sitting in the desk chair at my desk right now and my wife hasn't appeared to have noticed him.

• 2 months later...

It seems to me that to an AB, their specific plushie / doll etc is more important to them than a diaper. The diaper is part of the AB feeling and/or fantasy while the plushie is a personal need. If fulfills one or more of Maslows needs, which indirectly is a extremely mature 'adult' choice.

For a large amount of females, their 'female' soft cuddly side is shown in the bedroom, and have a bedroom plushie well past chronological childhood. This concept is accepted under social norms. The stereotypical male is supposed to have relinquished that 'soft side' with change to adulthood. I think that some of the forms involved in gender equality allow society to accept the 'soft side' of males and the associated affection to plushies etc, which is both a good thing, and also a step towards acceptinging infantilism. However, the negative actions of a few (mentally disturbed - using diapers and a unsuspecting member of the public for sexual relief) will continue to hurt the ab/dl community.

Weird thing for me is, while I have load of stuffed toys, most of them are of popular and (for the most part) well known characters. I DO have 2 teddies and a Dog I made at Build-A-Bear, but most often I cling to my favorite characters.

I'm 28 and I still sleep with my bear. No shame here. I've had bear since I was 4, and that mofo has been EVERYWHERE (internationally too!). I can't sleep without him....regardless of who else is in my bed.

While I'm not an AB, I do have Mr. Bear. (he's in my avatar pic.)

He's been with me only since college, but I had a very VERY bad time there, and he was given as a gift of something I could cuddle with and sleep next to that was big and could kinda hug back....I was very lonely...

He's always in my room. I don't think that'll ever change.

I love my stuffed animals...I don't get to sleep with them as much as I used to though...I used to have every stuffed animal that was ever given to me until my ex and I broke up...she let her new boyfriend move in while I was still living with her, and so when I finally left, it was quickly. So, two bags of my stuffed animals were left behind, and I'm not sure what the two of them did with them.

I still hate them a bit for it...well, I hate them for a number of reasons, but that reason is up there.

Anyway, I adore each one of my stuffed friends...and I try to spread the love when I can with them. Having a bear or a puppy to cuddle when napping or drifting off to sleep, with the lingering scent of baby powder and the soft bulk of a thick diaper swaddling me as it crinkles quietly is quite close to what I imagine heaven is like.

If you'd like to see my "pack", check here. Most of them are "rescues" from the "$10.00 or less" price range on ebay. Except for my Thylacines. They cost around $30.00 apiece and are well worth it. A few came from a bargain bin at the dollar store, including "Woofy", who has a rather loud "ARF! Arf-Arf-Arf! ARF! Arf-Arf-Arf! ARF! Arf-Arf-Arf!" recording and speaker in her left forepaw. I wish I'd taken the time to rifle through the bin some more and see if there were any others. I gravitate toward canids, because I have a bit of a fascination with them. And it's generally not advisable to try to keep wolves, coyotes, foxes, or hyenas as pets... Or flying foxes, for that matter... I also have some kangaroos and dragons.

Most of my baby pictures have me holding a kangaroo plushie. But she must've been gotten rid of around the time I was old enough to form memories... I don't really recall anything since before I was 4 or so... And all of my old plushies were gotten rid of by my folks when I was in the 5th grade. They figured I was too old to have stuffed animals at that point... The only ones that survive are a couple of skunks at my grandparents' house.

A few years ago, my grandma (not the one with the skunks; recently deceased, as well), founds some valentines day arrangements that have Sioux City cream soda, candy, and a small plushie in them. Knowing that I like a good cream soda, she'd pick up one of these for me every year. That brought back memories of plushies past... And so I decided to use last year's Christmas money to get more plushies, and found a lot of them cheaply online and in bargain bins. Now, I'm almost in danger of losing my bed to them... But I sleep better than I have in decades (literally; I've had insomnia for the past 20 years).