LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Dailydiapers Needs Increased Moderation

This is probably the wrong section and frankly I don't care. I want this to get read and actually noticed. This is getting seriously out of hand.

I'm not going to name any names, but there are several trolls on the forums causing problems and issues with the members. On virtually all of the other forums I have visited, such trolls would have been removed months ago. However on this forum, they're still here causing problems. I have PM'ed the only 2 present administrators and have achieved nothing. I'm trying my hardest to keep this polite and civilized, but it's getting really hard. This forum has virtually no active moderation, just passive, and it really shows. Some of the rudest people I've ever seen are here on this forum. The largest amount of long-time active trolls I've ever seen is here on this forum. The lowest amount of active moderators is here on this forum. Etc, etc, etc.

And before any of you say: "Just add the trolls to your ignore list", that doesn't make the problem go away. It just temporarily masks it.

Please, please, PLEASE can we get some improved moderation around here? It would be so nice if we could converse on this forum without trolls ruining our experience.

While I agree that there are some mind-numbingly stupid posts right now from a select few individuals there are three reasons why the posters and their posts haven't been removed:

1: They aren't spam

2: They aren't off-topic

3: They don't violate any of our current rules.

I understand your frustration, but I have never wanted this to be the kind of forum where every post is judged for worthiness by a small panel of mods. We try not to be heavy-handed and in general it has worked.

The best method of dealing with what you believe to be trolls is the oldest method on the net: Don't feed them. If their posts get no response then they aren't getting the rise they are looking for.

Maybe it's the American in me, but I think free speech is always the desire... even if that means hearing from the crazies every so often.

• Like 3

As I have said before, Just because you don't get a response from us doesn't mean we aren't seeing what you said. If you post a report I will generally comment on it's status. You should be able to see the status of your report while in process. If I have the time and feel it's necessary and needs a response I will shoot one to the person(s) that have a issue. If you make a report and it just disappears, it's probably because Daily or myself don't think it's a valid gripe in accordance to the rules he explained above.

Everyone here is a part of the community, some for the good perhaps some for the bad. Unfortunately for me I do have to read every post. The other members here do not. Like was mentioned the Ignore function serves two purposes it keeps you from seeing a persons posts, and as such keeps you from commenting on them. This in turn gives the desired results. The person will no longer post in time as they are getting no response to the troll they cast out.

I have been here for quite a spell, and as such was given the honor to Moderate this site. In the time before that I learned who was who, who was what, and where they were. In that time I followed what Daily Di and the other Mod did to keep the calm, and as such think I can pretty much be fair and partial about it.

It's not easy to try and turn the cheek when posts don't meet your view as acceptable. Trust me I know first hand. But as such this isn't my site, I don't pay the bills here as he does. I go with what this site stands for, just as i did while in the Marines. You do as your told and try to live for tomorrow.

Perhaps Daily might consider some Baby bankers or senior members to form a quasi committee for topics such as this. They could be used as a wider base for the community voice and as such give insight and suggestions on this sort of thing. But as it is right now, there is one boss, and for me that's just fine. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I agree with DD as well. This is an open forum to anyone who wants to contribute. We do have freedom of speech, which includes the freedom of individuals to make fools and idiots of themselves. Trolls are simply abusive people who like to push peoples buttons and make moronic posts so that they will piss someone off who will in turn post a response or comment and then begins a flame war or what not.

I have learned from my time in DPF and its non moderated boards and chat room, and my time on th wetset boards that trolls only succeed when YOU allow them to. There is no reward for bad behavior, but by responding to a trolls post, you do just that, you fall into their trap, respond and give them the attention which they crave. Ignore them, the post goes unresponded to, and they get bored and leave. It's psychological warfare, not nice but it works.

What this takes is some personal responsibility on the readers part. Personally, again from my experience in DPF, I read a title and the author, and decide if it is something I might be interested in reading, I choose. If I find the content of the post is offensive, I can choose to ignore it,and if it is really bad, and posted by a repeat offender, I can put that persons name on my ignore list so none of their posts show on my screen and I don't have to bother. Personal responsibility, the reader takes charge. Just like the screening that name parents take to manage their children's TV viewing, by blocking certain TV content that they don't think is appropriate for their children, or should be viewed.

As DD said, if you don't respond, then you are not rewarding the poster for their bad behavior by offering a response which is what they want. Ignore them and they will go away. Many do this because they crave attention and the only way they can think to get it, in their sad worthless lives, is by pushing peoples buttons and making people mad...Which is ABUSE BTW as opposed to posting thoughtful and well constructed content for the readers consideration.

It is up to YOU, ignore them, or feed them, but more moderation isn't the answer, personal responsibility is. It works, but only if YOU want it to, and if YOU make it work.

qwack

While I agree with the freedom of speech, I believe most people's concern lies not with how they specifically view the content/posts by these "trolls", it's how it would be perceived by someone outside of this fetish/lifestyle that happens across the site. It probably does not happen much that people outside our community visit our forum, but it does happen.. often by curious friends and family members.

I can honestly say that if I was not a part of this community and I came across some of these "trolls" posts, I would be totally disgusted by the community in general. While people have a right to say what they want, certain members here post about doing things totally unacceptable.. and to an outsider, by allowing those certain things to be posted, it's kinda like saying we're all cool with it.

Personally I believe that as long as they are not hurting anyone else, then people should do whatever it is that makes them happy. But in a way, certain people are shedding negative light on our community by posting about some of the perturbing and disgusting things they do. And when I use the term "disgusting" I don't mean messy diapers... I mean messy diapers and then subjecting other people to it.

But anyways, that's just my two cents.

Couldn't there be some sort of policy where if you get a certain number of negative points you get suspended or banned? I'm with the majority in that I'm also tired of the stupid posts (even though I don't post that much I do read some of them). But I'm also one that doesn't like to censor speech. There must be a happy medium or something to curtail stupidity.

Actually, I just thought of something...we have all these banners and things like "baby Banker" etc....how about creating something like that for the trolls?? If someone is a repeat offender, just attach a 'troll' status to their screen name...or would that be 'profiling'?? or discrimination?? :P

Actually, I just thought of something...we have all these banners and things like "baby Banker" etc....how about creating something like that for the trolls?? If someone is a repeat offender, just attach a 'troll' status to their screen name...or would that be 'profiling'?? or discrimination?? :P

I like this idea.

I like this idea a lot! And I wouldn't exactly call it discrimination since the amount of negative points should speak for theirselves.. :whistling:

I wouldn't go that far -- far enough to have a "troll" icon under their username.

As much as these people are annoying, I don't think they should be banned for being dipshits. I think that they should be counter-trolled, though, and give them a dose of their own medicine -- all in good fun, of course.

The ideas in the posts above all have some merit but in the end they are impractical or at odds with the goal of the site owner.

Freedom of speech is really a very simple concept yet a lot of people seem to misunderstand it. The more rules and moderators you add to censor the speech the less freedom of speech you have. For every person censored so you aren't offended there is another member that missed out on what the contributor was trying to say.

The goal in solving a problem should be to find a solution that makes both sides equally happy. If you're a believer in the "Wisdom of Solomon" then you probably believe in both sides being equally unhappy. This is what this site does so well. There is a freedom of expression here that doesn't necessarily exist elsewhere which is a really valuable thing. At the same time there are user controls that give every user the ability the tailor the posts and chat by using the ignore button.

When you have valued members requesting tighter rules and increased moderation it doesn't matter if they mean well or not. In one sense they become just as much a danger to the site as the trolls they are trying to stifle.

Freedom To The People,

Hugs,

Freta

As much as I agree that he's not breaking any rules, consider this: Mike pays for these forums so the users can enjoy themselves. How can you enjoy yourself in the presence of a troll or anything of the sort?

I'm all for free speech, but I'm also for peace- and that has been in short supply here lately :o I believe the tempo of moderation here is adequate- it's the standards and methods used for moderation that I am unhappy with :( While I've never moderated a board this big, the job isn't new to me- I've owned and/or moderated about a dozen message boards in the past. One of the things I did was to let members know privately when they were nearing the edge of trouble. Explaining the standards I expected and what would happen if they didn't chill out some was usually enough to avoid the unnecessary embarrassment of a moderated post, to settle frayed nerves, and to keep everyone happy. Well almost everyone, but that's as good as you're going to get :P I had to run very few people off in my previous work-less than 1 in a thousand I guess. The rest who disagreed with me left on their own volition once they saw they were going to get no further going in the wrong direction. They went elsewhere to places where their ilk was tolerated, thus leaving me with little work to do cleaning up B) And believe it or not, most of them and I still remained friends!

It pays to remember that while we the members don't own this website, we the people made and make it what it really is. Mike created it, configured it, setup the features, and pays for it but the people here do the rest. When the majority of the active users are unhappy with something or someone, then something should be done about it or the good people will get fed up and leave while the problem remains and grows. I watched sadly as a forum I once frequented went down the tubes because there was too much freedom allowed and the bad people who wouldn't be educated stepped on the good people's toes :crybaby: After taking all each could tolerate, the good people left. I loved that place as I love this one. Years later it's still online- and full of hate, derision, trolls and spammers. Yet once it was a shining example of what good (if a bit odd) people were really like. It can happen here- it will happen here- unless adequate measures are taken to prevent it.

I'll hang around as long as I'm happy here, but I won't be heartbroken again. If the disease of too much indifference comes here then I'll be gone before there's nothing nice left alive here to enjoy :crybaby:

Bettypooh

• Like 1

so if people think they can do better, why not go off and start their own site which they can rule with an iron fist?

i have not been unhappy with anything here on DD... well except the fact that a select few members seem to think they should be in charge....

course, then again, i learned that very important lesson years ago..... that this is JUST THE INTERNET> its not real, no matter how 'real' it feels to you... and in the end of the day, someone can only hurt you, annoy you, please you, as much as you let them.

• Like 1

Perhaps just putting certain rules in place to curtail some of these certain "posts"? It wouldn't take much and it doesn't even need to involve banning the member. Whenever something "questionable" is posted, a moderator could simply remove it.. thus solving a lot of problems because then the material would no longer be available for members *or* outsiders to read.

There are a few members specifically that this thread is aimed at and I know exactly who. What I don't get is how these certain members who claim to want to be part of this community because they feel "understood" can continue to post the same sort of posts over and over when they *know* that many many people here are adamantly against the behaviors that are posted about. It would seem to me that they would want to respect the other members of the community and not post things that are only going to place the community in a negative light. But perhaps they don't care. And if they don't care about the others in the community that they want to be a part of, then I don't believe that they have any right to be here. It's inconsiderate on their part.

Why not just get a few pacis and some super glue? Then we can shut up whoever we'd like.

-Sophie

Sophie, I love your humor. Can we super glue their fingers to the I A M S O R and Y keys?

IAMSORY

I am a ass

Yo Ass

Ass

Sam I am

Sorry I am a ass --- thats a good one

I ram ass

say i am a ass

soo i guess we all know we can form the word ass from these letters ...

anway.. anyone else have any other phrases can be made buy just these letters? this could be fun

• Like 1