tommee

Like :Pamela" and possibly "Samantha" it is from literature

Wendy was also a short form of Gwendolyn as I understand

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

How could I have missed this topic? Naturally I go by the name "Jennifer" and sometimes I'm called "Jenny" or "Jen" by those who know me really well. I'm a little surprised to see how popular the name has become, part of me doesn't feel as unique now... but I suppose it was bound to happen. If I ever decide to change my name, I'll probably go with something not so mainstream but deep down, I don't know. My name is really what makes me, well, Me.

As an LG, my name makes me me, or more correvtly, reflects me (and has since I had a girl part of me which had its origins when I was 5) But then, just about everyone seems to respond to the name Christine. But then, why "Sissies" adopt girl names is beyond me since they have no real intention of trying to feel like girls

The definitions cannot be put aside since they describe what is, in this case psychologically. They generate the "rhyme and reason" of things. How is it inconsiderate to try and understand things os that you can grasp what is or is not true. Now from what I have been ableto gather, "sissy" is part of BDSM and FemDom, which has nothing to do with being girlish. If that is true then this is a usurpation of our things, or, at best, trying to have it both ways. If we put the definitions aside then of what should I be considerate of. To be is to be something. The only undefined thing that I've heard of is the "gray goo" into which misused nanotechnology is alledged to turn everything into. eliminating definitions makes impossible the identifying you claim you are trying to do. There are multiple threads of "What is a sisy" that have been clear as mud with the clearest statement being "we just lump ourselves together". Labels without definitions are what most persons have been complaining about for the last 45 years. Yet many or most sissies boast about being "girly" or having "girly" things. Why adopt the "things" while denying the identity?

*Sighs* okay, Christine, I'm not going to bother quoting an entire body of text so I will state this to you as simply as I can.

Please do not assume to speak for an entire group of people who may not agree with your point of view. If the wrong person were to read your post and take offence it has the possiblity of starting a flame war. I know dozens of so-called sissies who consider themselves to be the eptiome of "girlish" and identify as "littles." They support that term because it was the only one avaliable to them when they first discovered this part of themselves. Just because you have thoroughly investigated the matter doesn't mean everyone else has. Everybody is different and you have to respect that on a public forum.

who consider themselves to be the eptiome of "girlish" and identify as "littles." They support that term because it was the only one avaliable to them when they first discovered this part of themselves. Just because you have thoroughly investigated the matter doesn't mean everyone else has. Everybody is different and you have to respect that on a public forum.

Now you put your finger on what I suspected to be the case AND you are the first one to verify it. But "Little Girl" has been around since I ran across DPF in 1983. Even then I was not so committed to define stricly as LG despite my history (as described in my blog). Although even back in the 1950's as I wrote about in the blog, Iwas never called a sissy in any way shape or form

why "Sissies" adopt girl names is beyond me since they have no real intention of trying to feel like girls

Because it's a secondary name that covers portions of their identity that they don't feel male names cover. It's the same concept why people's usernames aren't their full legal names, it's a moment for them to come up with something more intimate to explain a different portion of their being - and feminine names tend to foot the bill when it comes to "sissy" attributes.

What bewilders me is why you care. It's something special to them. It's just a name.

Because it's a secondary name that covers portions of their identity that they don't feel male names cover. It's the same concept why people's usernames aren't their full legal names, it's a moment for them to come up with something more intimate to explain a different portion of their being - and feminine names tend to foot the bill when it comes to "sissy" attributes.

What bewilders me is why you care. It's something special to them. It's just a name.

You ask why I care

My ideas come from the Real World. Now imagine this: You are part of a group of children from 6 to 9. One of whom is a littl "fairyhopper" named Jimmy. Everyone knows what he is. So the rest of the boys start chanting "Jimmy is a sissygirl. Jimmy is a sissygirl..." what is implied was best put by Joanne as "reduced to a girl". How do you, as a girl, feel about that? Now, I was in one such group and watching one such event and I was with a girl whom I liked. I did NOT like her being demeaned that way; being compared to a little twit

As a person who values the feminine, which includes names, I do not like to see it usurped and demeaned

THAT is why I care

As a person who values the feminine, which includes names, I do not like to see it usurped and demeaned

THAT is why I care

As a person who values the feminine, I accept that there is reasoning to people wanting to use various names to their personalities. It's the same concept of nicknames. Someone taking a nickname for his sissy side is not demeaning femininity.