LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Does Incontinence Feel Like?

I’m bowel incontinent thus sometimes when I bend or lean over, squad down or even walk I will suddenly soil myself. I would say 90% of the time I notice it as it happens. Sometimes though if I picking something heavy up or focused on a task I don’t notice until I sit down or smell it.  I personally don’t worry or care is people know I’m in diapers, I’m very open about it. For me if I was crippled and needed a wheel chair I wouldn’t feel embarrassed so why would I feel that way about being in diapers when I need them?  I don’t normally have wetting accidents though I do wet my diaper rather than use the bathroom many times, no reason not to use it if I’m wearing it. When that happens I feel myself starting to wet but I’m never sure when I finish as I just relax my bladder and go. 

• 1 month later...

Don't feel anything unless my bladder gets overly full, which is really rare.
I only get any kind of sensation, when already going and that is usually if there is a lot of it. If my bladder decides to have a leaking streak (that may last from ten minutes to about half an hour), then no feeling at all there, apart from spreading warmth..

• Like 1
On 4/28/2010 at 3:49 PM, adriansurley said:

Its not easy to describe honestly - its like you know you are going when you are going but you cannot do anything about it to stop it...it also depends on how much you are voiding. If it is a little then you may not feel or know anything, if it is a lot then you "know" but you can't stop it.

Boy, you described it perfectly. Check the diaper periodically to see how mushy it is. Can't be too mushy because you never know if the next will be a larger quantity and you don't want to leak. That can be ugly in public where you have a growing wet crotch and it's running down your leg letting everyone know you peed yourself. Sometimes you feel the larger leaks and sometimes you don't. When you feel a big one, it's too late and there''s no stopping it. Sorry for being repetitive but shared experience! :unsure:.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Elenwen said:

Don't feel anything unless my bladder gets overly full, which is really rare.
I only get any kind of sensation, when already going and that is usually if there is a lot of it. If my bladder decides to have a leaking streak (that may last from ten minutes to about half an hour), then no feeling at all there, apart from spreading warmth..

More or less the same as me then.

I'm 55 and urinary incontinent and wear nappies all the time.

I am 47 and I have a total urinary incontinences. It flows nearly all the time, sometimes little, sometimes much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 9 months later...

I've had incontinence for years it kinda gives you no warning, then it happens I've learned to love myself for it but it is undesirable My tip for poop it does happen change right away

• 3 weeks later...

For me, it's a scary experience wondering if someone is going to find out in public. It's also being quite frustrated with your self and your own body with it just releasing the biological waste from their temporal holding bins. Wondering every day if the diaper is going to give you the same performance that it gave you when you were testing them and putting them through their paces when you got the sample pack. Always afraid of the never ending question that keeps going on and on and on in your mind. "Is this diaper going to fail? Will I be discovered?" especially when you are out and away at work toiling away working on bringing in your income to pay the bills.

Always being scared that someone at work, a co-worker, a boss, a visitor or someone is going to see your diapers poking up out of your pants and showing everyone that you are wearing them. And having Vietnam Veteran flashbacks to the point when you were a 2nd grader, a fellow student finds out that you are wearing a diaper and proceeds to tell the teacher and the teacher not handling the situation professionally and not even honoring your Privacy and HIPPA rights which were in effect back even in those days. And calling the ENTIRE 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade in. And yanking your pants down exposing you to ALL the students and teachers who are there laughing. My 3rd grade teacher was not there as I think she was teaching at another school before she got transferred over to the one that I was at. But EVERYONE was laughing at my expense.

And let me tell you, that kind of a flashback haunts me a lot to points where I start having panic attacks, but due to me being at my job, I have to just press on-wards and just keep doing my job as hard as it is. And now with a former job, having someone who was above my bosses and up there in the command chain, someone who signed legal documentation that she was promising to abide by the Privacy and HIPPA laws, rules and regulations has the audacity to go rummaging through my day bag that I have with me when I go to work, and locate my diapers and takes one out and has to go and show it to everyone in my local office. Defeated and having it bounce back into her face and that, has to go to the main office where my direct team was to show it off there and causing me to be the uncomfortable butt of baby jokes with that team.

I have tried to see if I could get a lawyer on it, but that hag had to threaten my one and only witness with her life and well being. And she fired those who stood up for me and shoved it into her face. And having that added to the flashbacks even, so with the wind not in my sails, I wasn't able to take legal action. And every time now when I go to a new job, I wonder, "will I have to endure this kind of nonsense again?" And I continue to feel very frustrated with the Incontinence issue. I had part of it surgically corrected, but the other part still remains. Wetting diaper after diaper after diaper on-wards and on-wards again.

For me, it's quite scary, and frustrating and It does make it hard for me to want to continue living. But I have awesome people who are family, and I have met awesome people who are good friends and there is this place which does help make life bearable and reading your accounts with what is going on with you in your lives is like reading stories from those old "Chicken Soup for the soul" books which really helps me tremendously, mentally and spiritually.

I know that I could go on, and on, and on some more, but I think you all got the point from me. I know it's hard, it's rough, and over all it's scary and not just scary, but really freaking scary. But I know that you guys could pull through, this IS a known medical issue and you are not alone, not by even the slightest or broadest long shot. I do hope that you will all be able to read this and know that you are not suffering alone. And you shouldn't even have to suffer in silence. As for the two ladies who wronged me, I know that in due time, they will get their comeuppance. And that will be good enough for me. Unless the next time if it should happen, I will hopefully be already lawyer-ed up and and I will not be afraid to pull the trigger. I will even get signed statements if I must.

But any-who, thanks for reading and I wish you a very great and wonderful time of the day that you are in and hope the rest of the day gets better for you, and you have a much better tomorrow.

On 5/13/2019 at 2:37 AM, oldwetter66 said:

I no longer fell the need too pee it just starts

Same here. All I usually feel is the warmth spreading through my nappy. Sometimes I get a few seconds warning and then I pee uncontrollably.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, Joe-Box said:

I am 47 and I have a total urinary incontinences. It flows nearly all the time, sometimes little, sometimes much more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

I'm suffering from IC (Interstital Cystis) so how does this feel? It hurts. I can cope meanwhile with small urge attacks and have my tricks to manage the pain but If I miss my timing and wait to long my bladder cramps badly and I can't hold it in anymore. It's absolutely no fun - it feels like an UTI or if wait much to long - but this "to long" is for me just a bit more then an hour. In the night I often wake up from a painful cramp and can't do anything against the flood that immediately starts. So for me it feels not that ice at all...

I no longer feel the need to pee it just happens and even though I know I’m protected I still get a little depressed about it sometimes.

For me, I can feel pressure building up if I am sitting. For some reason, when I am sitting, I never have accidents, but as soon as I stand up, everything starts coming out. If I am walking, I don't get any warning that I am going to wet or poop myself. It just starts coming out with no warning and I have no control in the ability to stop the pee or poop. I am just glad they make high quality adult diapers.

14 hours ago, Newbee said:

I no longer feel the need to pee it just happens and even though I know I’m protected I still get a little depressed about it sometimes.

I can understand that but as my wife always says it isn't the end of the world.

• Like 1

I agree sometimes incontinence can take its toll on our feelings and we start to feel down a bit, but as Steve has mentioned its not the end of the world and if having to wear diapers is the only physical health issue I have to  deal with I ok with it.  I just remind my self that incontinence and the need for diapers has not changed my life in any significant way.

But there are days I am glad to be diapered especially when I need to pee and I am stuck in traffic or the bathroom is unavailable, they also have come in handy at work when I am using in a warehouse running network cable and I am on the lift and in my safety harness ( they are a pain to remove quickly) 

• Like 1

That is one upbeat way of thinking and turning a negative into a positive.  While I am not incontinent, I think I would rather be incontinent than be blind, deaf, in a wheelchair or missing an arm or leg.  As far as disabilities, those who are incontinent can always feel a bit down at times over their medical situation, but in perspective there could really be a lot worse things.

• Like 1

Its been about 8 or 9 years since I responded in this topic. Things have changed a lot. No more orgasmic contractions. Well very, very rare and very mild. Will still leak seminal fluid and/or ejaculate fluid at times but not as often. There is no sensation to this, just a sticky,  mucus like discharge in stringy drops.

Still occasionally have bladder fluttering but very mild and not often. Very random.

Totally urinary incontinent. I can stop with muscle contracton but it will immediately resume when relaxed. The bladder sphincter has little muscle tonus.

Very little sensation or knowledge of when I'm wetting. The bladder will sometimes hold some urine but its release will just happen. Bladder contractions are very mild if at all. When sleeping or depending on my body position, the bladder will hold urine. It hasn't "shrunk" - more of the opposite like bag that will fill and drain when moved. I really don't feel it when it empties. Sometimes I'll get the full or urgent feeling but its not real. 

With good disposables, I hardly ever know I'm wetting at all.

Sitting tends to hold urine as does lying on my back or when I have a strong erection. But the moment I stand or start to lose the erection, I'll usually immediately start to leak.

I no longer have a strong stream as the bladder isn't contracting. So its a lot of dripping, dribbles, or a weak stream. Anytime I move I'll leak or dribble.

This is an improvement of sorts over the last 9 years. I always knew I'd become permanently urinary incontinent. Now I no longer have the discomfort and maddeningly distractions like before.

In no way do Iike this though I've come to terms with the reality of it. I've learned to deal with it. The advace of adult diaper products has made all the difference. Interestingly, the real problem with skin issues was plastic pants. I seldom wear them now and my skin has never been better. Though I do have that rougher diaper skin that develop on the back on the legs.

• 1 year later...

I wanted to bring back this thread because I'm sure other members of the community are equally curious about what its like to be incontinent.

My bladder control is too good for my liking. Unfortunately, I can hold it in almost the entire day.

This is a honest question and I empathize with those of you who are incontinent. In fact, I am jealous. Whats it like with urge incontinence when you can't hold it in anymore? I am curious why you can't stop yourself from wetting? Could you squeeze harder to keep your pee in? 

On 9/27/2020 at 7:12 PM, scaifester said:

I wanted to bring back this thread because I'm sure other members of the community are equally curious about what its like to be incontinent.

My bladder control is too good for my liking. Unfortunately, I can hold it in almost the entire day.

This is a honest question and I empathize with those of you who are incontinent. In fact, I am jealous. Whats it like with urge incontinence when you can't hold it in anymore? I am curious why you can't stop yourself from wetting? Could you squeeze harder to keep your pee in? 

In my case, I have what I call an over-achieving bladder. Due to an enlarged prostate issue I ignored for too long, my bladder had to work harder and harder to empty itself, eventually enlisting all my abdominal to contract violently in order to squeeze out the urine. Now that the prostate issue is under management, the resistance is gone but the bladder hasn’t gotten the message. I feel a sudden escalating pressure/tension (like a cat about to pounce, that lasts just a few seconds and then bam...trying to hold back the tide is futile. Kegel exercises help to a degree, but am never confident that I will get to a restroom in time if I am away from home. Even at home, I often have to grab the penis and squeeze until I get to the bathroom. I wet in my sleep now, as well. The time between urge and void is so swift when I am asleep that I don’t wake until it’s too late. My urologist was optimistic that this experience would be short-lived, but that was a year ago, and as much as regaining full control would be ideal, diapers have allowed me to get on with daily life without anxiety.