LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What To Expect

Blake, yes a lot of people are interested in this thread and your progress so don't get discouraged ;) My own goal is a little different than yours in that I would love to have 'switchable' bladder incontinence, and to a limited degree I have accomplished that. It may be easier for me than most since I live with OAB,SI and UI all the time. While I generally don't go there, some weekends I want nothing more than to soak as many diapers as I possibly can :blush: and the 'overhydration' really helps this happen. You're right that this is in the mind, for that is where desires turn into reality when they are strong enough and possible. You really have to want this a lot to achieve it because you have a lifetime learned habit of automatically doing the exact opposite, and overcoming that isn't going to happen overnight :( I guess most of us have checked out the 12 month program and it can work- but it fails to take into account those of us who are not AB. I found the AB 'slant' rather off-putting and I'm not interested in fecal incontinence :rolleyes: So your thread here is serving as a DL alternative to that, and a needed one. Please keep it going :thumbsup:

My own experience is that I can become nearly incontinent over a few hours time by wanting to become soaked and just flat-out ignoring what my bladder wants. Mentally I refuse to acknowledge that it can hold urine. Instead I think of it as a muscle that needs to relax since nothing bad is going to happen if it does that and like sleeping, all muscles need rest. Even your heart and lungs rest between their cycles so why not give your bladder a break from all the work too? :D Through life I've had to stay conscious of my bladder or leak. I had to constantly monitor it and be ready to pinch off a flow instantly or I'd wind up wetting myself. Going 24/7 has allowed me to reduce that attention to only monitoring after the flow has started, then deciding whether I want to do anything about it. It's been tough getting over the SI part more than the rest, because I always 'clamp down' before moving- it's a lifelong habit. Sometimes I can get there in hours, sometimes I can't get there for a full day. Like normal bladder control it's an automatic function for me :whistling: We share the three things needed to enjoy wetting freely: a strong mind, a strong desire to do this, and the learned ability to analyze the situation and respond to it.

I remember the bliss I felt when I first was able to simply let go and leak :girl_happy: It took me about a week in a situation where I could practice it at work. By Sunday that weekend I was actually unable to control to UI spurts anymore. That worried me because I wasn't totally comfortable with wearing thick cloth diapers in public yet (something I can do now, but not without a small bit of worry remaining). I spent that Sunday evening regaining control and by morning I was almost back to normal. Worrying and fear has always affected my bladder control and the worry that I may have lost some ability counter-acted my desire to 'dry up' again but I got there by Monday evening. I didn't try again for a while because of that fear and because I wanted to think it through completely before trying again since there did seem to be a possibility of permanence for me. Unlike you I don't want that but I can accept it if it happens- after all aging is causing me to lose control slowly anyway and if I live long enough I truly expect to become incontinent at some point. Since I'm going to have to deal with that anyway I was able to lose that worry, again making the whole thing easier to do. Going back and forth has made it easier for me to turn my bladder control off and on though not completely; to some degree it still has a mind of it's own but I'm stubborn and I'm working on fixing that problem :) I will control it, it will not control me. I view it as just another part of my body and my mind can overcome what my brain wants to do if I work on it long enough!

I mentioned elsewhere that my wearing 24/7 has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. The reasons for that are that I have lost my lifelong worry about wet pants, I can put the part of my mind that I used to do the worrying to better purposes, and I can relax totally when I want to- that means everything where it never did before. Now every morning I can decide what kind of diapers I'm going to wear that day and whether I want to maintain some control (which I usually do). And when the circumstances are right I can allow myself the pleasure I deserve to wet freely and enjoy it without concern. It has proven to be the most satisfying thing I've ever done, better than sex but different, especially because this is something that lasts as long as I want it to and I can do it anywhere anytime- it is a total freedom that few others will ever feel which makes it very special to me :groupwave: Now I look at everyone else in the world differently too for I know they have given in to society's idea that you are supposed to waste a considerable part of your limited time here on earth in the bathroom peeing when you don't really have to :o If that's what you want then fine- some of us have simply gone beyond that silliness to better things!

Bettypooh

• Like 1

@pikachu.

The feeling that your looking for is that completely empty feeling. When urine starts to dribble, and before you clench down to stop the flow.

For most people it only lasts a few seconds.

They empty their bladder completely, and then clench down to stop the dribbling. Rather than allow the dribbling to continue.

Next time you go. Empty your bladder, without bearing down, and instead of clenching allow the dribble to continue for as long as possible.

You should feel an almost tingly sensation as your sphincter wants to clench down to stop the flow. Hold out as long as you can. The first few times you do this, it will be only a few seconds at a time before your sphincters close up. So don't get frustrated.

Eventually you'll be able to hold that for a minute or longer. Once you get to that point. Try relaxing your bladder as if you are going to urinate even if you don't have to go. Or have just gone. You should be able to replicate this feeling.

The goal should be to replicate this feeling as often as possible, whenever your conscious of clenching. Causing atrophy, as well as the expedited think feel do.

Hopefully this helps explain my previous post a bit better.

As for the bursting bladder technique. This is if your a clenched, and or a pusher. Having a habit of clenching down do hard on your sphincters that the only way to release urine is to bear down.

The idea behind this is to drink tons of water to the point of bursting. So your bladder can barely contain itself.

At this point. You'll start leaking and your bladder and sphincter muscles will weaken. If only temporarily, from the pressure. You can then practice naturally relaxing when you start to leak. Once your bladder/sphincter gives out. The urine will flow without bearing down. Causing an imprint in the brain. Starting to teach it how to urinate without bearing down.

Mind you this takes many repetitive training sessions. Though eventually gets easier. And is a way to get through a block of a stubborn bladder.

Hopefully that clears up my previous post a bit better.

Best,

-Blake-

@BettyPooh I have to keep this short as I'm extremely tired. But wanted to respond. At least in brief.

I get that. Wanting to turn the bladder on and off.

I actually got halfway decent with it over the years. Not full loss of control. But very quick to think, feel, do over a weekend.

I'm doing the 24/7 route as I feel it is the best option for stability in my life. I've come a long way in 3 years since I started this thread. Independent. Self sustaining. I have a group of wonderfully supportive friends.

Though I also have a lifelong career that fits in to this lifestyle. Something that was always a mental block for me and I could never quite get past.

I'm gonna run off on a tangent for a second and express my frustration with their not being any solid resources other than the 12 month program which is basic 101. It seems those that have completed this journey are few and far between and their journey is not well documented.

I spent countless nights and hours trying to find resources only to come up empty handed or with only part of the story.

I am. By no means an expert. I grew up in a medical family and have a basic understanding of cause and effect.

I went through the dr. Route to track my progress of my body up to the point of no return. Honestly though. Much of this is trial and error, bits and pieces from a line here, a paragraph there over 10+ years.

It is my feelings that this is a legitimate choice that someone should be able to make. Unfortunately they resources and individuals are not their to guide through the rough times. Only a very elementary guide.

I'm not so much frustrated. I'm doing this journal for selfish reasons, as much for me as anyone else. It is no doubt an outlet for me.

I do however feel I finally have enough of a base for the community to start asking questions.

As I'm going to making a guide at the end of this, I hope we can get every angle the community can possibly think of.

I'm only one person. With one brain. One thought process. While I'm happy to pay attention to anything specific or answer specific questions. I need help from outside my own brain to come up with those topics.

-Blake-

Do we really need a step-by-step guide here? I have always wondered about that since what we're really dealing with is an overall full-time approach to life, making willing changes in how we handle our body's needed urinary functions. Whatever is effective at the beginning will be as effective at the end, and once you've reached your goal you will be able to sustain it without any help. The 12 month plan has been effective with several people here who have shared on these forums :D so I will not discount it completely- it can work :) but it's making mountains out of molehills. When you cut through all the crap in systematic approaches you find the reasons behind their success, and those reasons are usually few and simple.

That doesn't mean you can't write a book about it, only that you don't have to and that you will find things work better and easier when you simplify them. I hope Rosalie reads this :P Plain and simply put, when you understand why something is done, you can apply that knowledge to other things. When you only understand how something is done, it is only applicable to that one thing which limits it value. And when I see someone start by explaining how without explaining why I know already that I am smarter than them- I am unlikely to learn much from them but I listen anyway because I don't know everything and I never will. The how, or the step-by-step, can best be eliminated by causing an understanding of the why, which once understood properly will automatically bring the 'how' along with it ;) If you haven't reached that level of understanding about something than you don't know it well enough yet to do more than pass on anecdotal comments.

Blake, it seems you have an understanding of the why and that is the reason I have kept up with you here. I think you will do well in your pursuit in creating a better way to achieve voluntary incontinence that more people will benefit from :thumbsup: You're on the right path so here's to cheering you on along it :groupwave:

Bettypooh

@Bettypooh

My goal has never been to create step by step guides. Rather find ways to explain how to get through mental blocks etc.

For some, that means answering questions in depth. Step by step. Getting into the psychology of how and why the body does what it is.

Not just pointless instructions with no explanation. Rather. This is what you can expect your body to do if you follow these steps and why your body will do these things.

-------------

For some people- the only way they have used a diaper is by flooding it.

Also for some people, they were taught at a very early age to clench down on their sphincter muscles as hard as they could to prevent any leakage.

Both of these are counter productive in wanting to become incontinent. And there is a certain step by step initial training that has to occur to wet naturally in order to avoid frustration and spinning out.

Mainly that's what I've been trying to get across. Just the basics over the past few posts. For those that have these issues, they have the resources. For those that are already comfortable wetting naturally- can skip these posts.

These kinds of things would be under an FAQ under my guide. Not in the main guide itself. However I am still trying to include every aspect that anyone could possibly encounter that is NOT covered elsewhere. Information you can't find in the 12 month guide. Etc.

I will continue to answer any and all questions in this forum. And at the end will format my guide into a sensible format that flows for the majority and makes sense. With extra details being left in the troubleshooting and FAaQ section.

-Blake-

How this thread is evolving-the future of my journey, and this thread.

Please Read

I want to make it clear that this thread is ever evolving-ever changing. Right now I'm trying to get information from the community. See if their are hot topics on this subject that either I'm missing, not addressing, or have not been addressed elsewhere.

All questions and topic ideas are welcome, as I think of myself as a guinea pig for the community. Somebody that can go through this process, this journey, answer any and all questions, pay attention to the tiniest details. Help not just the broad spectrum. But also the individual. I realize by going this route there will be an abundance of information in this thread. Some of which will not apply to everyone.

It is for this reason I will reformat this thread at the end as a guide for the general population/community. Leaving the obscure information and less common questions for the FAQ and troubleshooting section, which will be a bit in depth, while the main guide will stick to the most common issues.

Bettypooh brings up a good point, which I want to readdress. By answering every question thrown at me in a public forum, rather than private messages or e-mail. I am able to gauge particular interest on such topics. This will help me prioritize these subjects, once I get through the basic timeline in the guide.

It is for this reason I ask the community to weigh in. I am trying to get a sample or snapshot of what is most important to people. Whether it be things that have come up before, or come up due to poking around and thinking about the subject. Ie: troubleshooting.

So yes. There is going to be information that won't apply to your situation. That's ok. Just scan the post, and skip it. It will help me gauge interest levels in that topic.

For those that follow this thread regularly , and understand appreciate what I'm trying to accomplish here. I ask of you a favor. If you can go through this thread once. "like" the posts and topics that interest you. In the future if you continue to follow this thread and if you think a topic will be useful for the guide. Please "like" the post. At the end of my journey this will help me immensely to sort out the most and least common issues.

I ask you to bear with me, and everyone else that asks questions. Even if they get obscure and very detail oriented. Please don't flame or complain. Just skip the post, save your time.

Everyone here is entitled to ask me any question they want, or have me pay attention to any details on my journey.

Think of this as a science experiment everyone can participate in, and learn from. Whether or not you go through this yourself is completely up to you. However it is my hope, that by the end that everyone that is following this, an me can have a guide to use that they contributed to that is all inclusive. Fills in the blanks. And will help everyone involved make an educated choice on whether or not to take this journey. Hopefully this guide too can be timeless and help those who find it years later.

Thank you, in advance and in past for both following my journey, taking part in it, and helping contribute to this community. This is a group effort, and something I cannot do alone.

Along with questions, and comments etc. I will of course keep my usual updates in this thread of my progress.

Thanks again.

-Blake-

• Like 1

Blake,

Your contributions to the community through this forum are wonderful, interesting, informative and have the potential to become a "sticky". I've been more or less 24/7 for over 4 years and agree will all your advice. The one thing i would add is positive reinforcement. When you wet your diaper, remember to tell yourself that you are doing what you are supposed to do, that it feels good and that you are being good. This is exactly what parents do when potty training their children and positive reinforcement is the most powerful behavior modification technique. If your situation includes a supportive partner, it is even more powerful if your partner is the one that gives you the positive feedback.

Diaper training when awake is just as straight forward as you write. Do what you have to do to create the desired behavior, reinforce it (to yourself if necessary) and find opportunities to repeat. I think it is more difficult to do this with the subconscience for bedwetting. I know there is a lot of interest here to learn bedwetting or for a bedwetter to return to it. If you could write about your experience becoming a bedwetter again I think it would be interesting to many people here.

Mahalo for all you've contributed,

Honu

• 2 weeks later...

Long needed update

Sorry everyone. Been busy with work, as well as sick with the flu, and a couple bad migraines.

There was a general question on the relaxation of the bladder-if that was to make it as if the bladder is open.

The general idea is yes. It's a combination of weakening the bladder muscles as well as training the sphincters to stay in the open position. The effect you get is that urine dribbles before and after you urinate, you urinate more often, instead of flooding, and your not bearing down to urinate. The added effect is over time due to all of this the bladder shrinks making it Much more difficult to hold larger quantities of urine. Again making you have the urge to urinate more often, and so on and so on so forth.

I was asked also in a previous post to write about positive reinforcement as well as how to achieve bedwetting.

Both of which are highly mental. So.. Let's start with the first one. Positive reinforcement. This is going to be different for everyone. The point being to make this entire experience positive, motivating and yourself feel good about what your doing and why your doing it.

So... First things first, to get started we need to ask ourselves, why are we doing this. Just why do we want to achieve incontinence? What's the benefit? How do we benefit from losing control of one of our basic bodily functions. With the huge inconvenience that having to wear diapers 24/7 for the rest of our life, what's the upside? Where does fantasy end and reality kick in?

Once we answer these questions, we have a starting point on how to positively reinforce your habits.

Your most likely going to fall into one of three categories, which of course can be mixed and matched as you see fit.

A: Your wearing for emotional reasons.

B: Your wearing for sexual reasons

C: Your split right down the middle, or lean a bit one way or the other.

For each of us, the above are going to be unique, unique ways of either pampering ourselves, or having an outlet for the sexual part of this fetish. I'll leave this part unsaid. If you need ideas on these, e-mail me. Instead I'll get into the stuff that can be applied for everyone.

There are some basic things to do no matter which category you fall into.

These include.

Define yourself mentally as incontinent.

Set up checks and balances to keep you on track

Set up conditioning methods.

-Conditioning methods can include, but are not limited to:

-urinating while washing hands, drinking etc.

-urinating to an alarm (will get into more detail in a bit)

-Training yourself to urinate when you hear running water.

-Training yourself to wet at all times, diapered or not and in any location or in front of anyone. (this will slowly help break the barrier between, just wetting in your diaper, and true incontinence.)

Keep that journal- keep track of small victories. And celebrate them. This journey is all about the small victories, the small steps. Nothing huge is going to happen overnight. Keeping that progress journal will keep your frustration down, confidence up, and allow you to celebrate when you break through barriers.

Changing time is for you- treasure it, pamper it, don't rush through it unless you absolutely have to. This is YOU time. Take this time for you, be aware of your actions and reflect on why you are changing yourself. What it means and how it affects your life.

Keep your diapers visible, at the very least clear out your underwear drawer and replace it with your diapers and supplies. This can be a good visual reminder.

Keep stocked up-don't run out. Fit it into your budget, and routine of shopping to keep things stocked up. Both in terms of supplies and diapers on hand, and in the drawer/dresser and visible.

Urinating to a timer- not for the beginning.

In the beginning, focus on getting used to the diaper. The feel, the bulk, getting comfortable with it. Etc. get used to wearing in front of anyone and going in front of anyone at anytime.

Know your limits of the diaper you choose and know how to change and tape effectively.

Get the relaxed bladder thing down to pure perfection. This is needed and absolutely necessary for this.

At this point you've prolly been wearing at least three months 24/7. Things are starting to slow down. Become day to day.

Time to speed things up, yet again.

Ok. So, what do you need?

An app and smartphone are useful. If not. Got old school and grab a digital watch that you can set to go off on the hour, 30 min. And every 15 minutes.

Depending on your progress, you may want to start at the hour, and move your way down.

At this point I'd also add dandilion tea to your regiment, so your not drinking quite as much water. An unhealthy amount.

If you do a diuretic at this point. Stick all natural. Nothing artificial. That means. Don't up the caffeine.

You'll want to set your alarm to go off either every hour, 30, or 15 minutes.

Yes. You WILL be interrupted quite allot. The point of this exercise is to break through barriers.

Here's what you should expect.

You'll need to start drinking enough water you can go when the alarm goes off. - the dandilion tea will help. Look at amazon for good reviews.

Remember keep that bladder relaxed.

What will happen is you'll start dribbling more and longer after each urination. You'll be reminded to go much more often than you normally would and will act as a reminder to keep that bladder in the open position.

Your bladder will shrink even more. As you urinate more frequently and keep your bladder relaxed and sphincters open more to the point of almost all the time, your sphincters and bladder will weaken.

You will need to change more often, but not quite as often as you think, as your urination intensity becomes less, and the amount becomes less, even though the frequency will drastically increase, the overall absorption will be more.

After a few weeks, to a 4-6 weeks of this, you can expect an urge to go at that time frame, even if you don't set the alarm. At this point, it's time to cut it in half if your not already at your 15 minutes. If your at 15 minutes. Stay there, for another six weeks. At this point, slowly reduce fluid intake and tea intake until you are back at your normal fluid levels and still going every 15 minutes. At this point it may only be a drop or two. That's not the point.

The main point of this is to train your bladder to be relaxed at all times. Your conditioning it and your sphincters to expel the tiniest bit of fluid as well as keep your bladder and sphincter open In between.

At this point try and slowly lower the volume of your alarm, until it's hardly audible, until finally it's off.

At this point you should have conditioned yourself within a few months to have an open bladder and expel the tiniest bit of fluid.

Part 2: Night Wetting

Night or bedwetting is all about the sleep cycle, or sleep pattern. Sleeping through the urge to urinate.

The reason it's so hard for most people to "just be a bed wetter" is there is no pattern, or rather years and years of a pattern created of paying attention to the body's signs and getting up or waking up.

Also there's the fact that the bladder for most adults is mature to the point that it can hold fluid through the night without being bothered to be woken up.

Lastly. The kidney slows water processing while you sleep, making it more difficult to get an overwhelming urge to urinate.

If you do get that urge, you usually wake up at the point of bursting, and have either two choices.

Hit the restroom.

Go in your diaper, and risk soaking the bed.

What to do, what to do.

This can Most likely be applied to those just wanting to wet the bed, though I'm addressing those who going for full urinary incontinence.

A: Go through the work of the daytime stuff. If you can't wet during the day, you can't wet during the night, at least this is usually the case.

Work and master the relaxation of the bladder.

Work on the conditioning of urinating to water during the day. Use a sound maker put to water at night.

When starting out drink 16 oz of water 1.5 hours before bed, another 16 oz before jumping in.

If you have to wet. Let it go. I've found it's easier to wet an already damp diaper in the middle of the night than a dry one. Much harder to get to sleep with a pressing bladder. That 16oz of water you just drank right before hitting the sack will hit you in a couple hours.

Try one of two things. A bowl of watermelon. Or very strong dandelion tea at least 8 oz right before sleep. This will help stimulate kidney functions while you sleep.

So you can get back to sleep, try a light natural sedative. There's something on the market called nightrest. It's melatonin based, which is what your body produces to get you to sleep and control your sleep cycle.

Should help you from waking too much when you feel the urge to pee in the middle of the night. Much better anything over the counter.

My doctor said you can take up to 30mg rather than the 10 mg as directed on the bottle.

There have also been studies with 70mg of melatonin being taken long term without any long or short term side effects.

If you think your gonna leak. Take precautions. Protect your bed with protective sheeting and pads, plastic pants etc. this is especially useful early on.

You shouldn't even be worried about bedwetting until a few months in. Sure wet your diapers and get used to any position while your in your bed. But don't give it much thought. Your body is still adjusting and until you hit the three month mark, any attempts are mostly going to be futile. So save your frustration and work on the positions. Seeing where and how you leak etc.

If you have troubles wetting on your side you can try one of two things.

First try lifting one leg up Like your doing the splits.

Second lay one leg flat while the other is bent into your chest.

If this fails. Find a bathtub with a bursting bladder and try both these positions again. Without the diaper.

------- not for those who are easily restless, but for those who are stuck.

Using the above methods. Use the alarm method. Set it to one hour and diaper up. Keep a glass or two of water by your bed. Only make the alarm as loud as needed to wake you from your slumber. Not startle you. Let go of any fluids and fall back asleep. Trying to take in some water if your at all thirsty.

This is where melatonin can be very handy, as your sleep is constantly interrupted. And you'll be able to get back to sleep easy.

Also this helps as your only allowing so much fluid to build up in your bladder. Your not backtracking if your going for total incontinence. One of the problems with this journey is, and why it takes so long is that you may do great 16 hours a day. Then you take a step back at night. Even if you hold it for half the night. That is still four hours.

By doing the alarm system in the day and night your essentially training your bladder around the clock. Constantly weakening it. Eventually you can do the same thing at night. Lessen the water. And take down the sound of the alarm.

It's painful but it's the quickest way.

---------------------------------

My own update.

I'm finding that it's becoming more and more difficult to go without a diaper. I feel more and more at risk for accidents as I continue this journey. Which in turn makes me less likely to go without. It has helped immensely to have checks and balances. Not to have any other options but a diaper or full clothing. - a good constant reminder.

Getting better and better at estimating changing times.

Only holding a couple ounces now. Unless my bladder is kinked.

Using the alarm method I'm surprised at how quickly I've become accustomed to wetting every 15 minutes.

The app for the iPhone I'm using is called "chime" it's free. Works very well.

Have yet to leak in front of a client. Though I know that day will come. I have leaked a couple times on the way to though and in front of friends. Again. All part of the process. Learning humility.

I have no doubt defined myself as incontinent. I've had a couple accidents getting ready, changing etc.

While I wake up wet most mornings, I'm not usually wetting while sleeping. But waking up. I think I have the problem of the two steps forward. One step back. So will continue to use the alarm method 24/7 and on vibrate mode while working.

Have my dandelion tea coming this week. Should help things a bit as well. The research looks good. But am excited to put it to the test.

Overall there has been very subtle changes. Big ones being lower urine flow rate, and volume. Defiantly more often rate of urination. Bladder and sphincter are almost always relaxed while awake now. A near constant dribble of urine. Before I started to alarm which is a constant reminder, and retraining. (having to concentrate on relaxing every 15 minutes, not bear down, but relax and open sphincter to allow flow) I was at think do. So it feels Like one step forward. One step back at this point. Though I'm making quick progress and know soon I'll be conditioned to go when I hear the alarm or feel the vibration.

So yes- making progress- sticking with it, more and more, less and less time without diapers as I'm having more accidents without them and have to concentrate super hard to not urinate if I'm not wearing. Scares me if I'm not wearing as I easily get absorbed in my work. Don't want to have a full blown accident at a clients location. This will turn I know into a vicious cycle. The more I wear. The more control I'll loose. The more control I loose the more I will need to wear.

There is no doubt that I am approaching the point of no return. I am at least, mentally prepared to pass it this time around.

-------------------------

I apologize in the delay in the updates and appreciate everyone's patience.

Thanks for everyone's support.

As always comments, questions, suggestions, and concerns are welcomed.

-Blake-

• Like 1

For anyone that interested, I Finally updated my about me page. Contains why I started this journey. Why I stopped previously. And why I am keeping a public journal, as well as the documentation style. End goal of this journal to be a guide.

It is very long, but as I keep this journal mostly on point to progress, this can give you an insight into my motivations. If you so wish.

Thanks for everyone's continued support.

-Blake-

@pikachu

As you can see I have tons of raw information here that as I go through this process, this journey I'm putting into Q&A format.

One of the Biggest reasons I repeatedly bring up the request for questions, and ratings on posts is that it helps me pay attention to details that I might miss, or may need to pay attention to further. Research more, write more in depth about etc.

The guide itself will be divided into four parts.

Main/General Guide-This is where the most requested topics and topics people have rated highly as needing to be addressed. Mostly a general overview.

FAQ- This section will consist of the most frequently run into problems I ran into, got asked about, and we're requested. Think of this as an intermediate level review-read.

Advanced Troubleshooting/Advanced Guides/Obscure information.- Got a weird issue, unusual mental block. Having troubles with that one position In between your stomach and side? Can't quite get into trance for your hypnosis? In a complete dead standstill, and nothing else works. This is your section. All that incredibly hard to find info and one of a kind questions. This is the section I most need help with. This is why I'm asking for question after question. And also posting full guides to questions that are for only one or two people. This section will be extremely detailed, the most time consuming, and tedious. This will be the go to section if your out of options.

The last section will be a complete copy of my journal that I'm posting here- just the updates, edited for content, readability, timeframe references, and grammar. I will also include my before and after thoughts. This section should provide a complete chronicle of one person's journey, albeit in a generic form besides for the before and after section. This section is less on how to get through it, and more on "What to Expect, while Expecting".

As you can see, this is going to be an everyone's guide. Whether they need a basic cliff notes overview. Or have tried everything they can think of and are spinning their wheels.

It will be in the K.I.S.S. method. Keep it simple stupid. My goal is to uncomplicate and demystify this journey. Answer every possible question while keeping this guide an easy quick read and easy to skip to the section you need to reference. I don't expect hardly anyone to read the entire guide front to back. Rather it will be made as a reference guide. Something to go back to when you get stuck. You can check the specific guide or question, and continue on with your day.

Because this is a HUGE undertaking, which will take countless hours of documentation, observation, and Q&A time, I'm not rushing into this. Rather I'm going to gather information, observe, document, answer questions. Beg for questions to be asked. For this part of the community on DD to actively participate in this journey. Asking any question that comes to mind as it will end up in the guide and be useful for somebody at some point. I'm going to again be the broken record asking for feedback. As in nine months this will be 34 pages. Not 4. Having likes on the guides and posts that are most popular for DD will help me sort things out.

So I am asking for you, whoever you are that is reading this if this is your interest. If you feel as I do that there is an insane lack of information and documentation on this subject of interest, to join me on my journey and help me create a resource that will benefit those for years to come.

This guide to answer your question is going to be a very long project. Six weeks or so after I complete this journey. Say reach the point the gentleman did in the 12 month program, I will start organizing, re-writing etc. this will prolly take another six weeks at about two hours a day. It will eventually be in PDF format with bookmarks. Completely searchable, as well as easy to navigate by the four main sections. Sub-sections, FAQs, and the smaller guides within.

At the rate I'm progressing. Within a year I'm guessing.

I'm guessing with 6-9 months I'll be where the gentleman was at 12 in the 12 month guide. Add six weeks to make sure there are no more major changes, another six weeks for the guide. We have a timeframe of 9-12 months for the finished product.

In the meantime. It's gonna be a hell of a ride, I offer that you join me on the trip and help me create one of the most extensive resources on the subject this community will ever see.

---------------------------

A bit of a long winded answer, but it gets the point across as well as why it's going to take SO LONG to create such a guide.

----------------------------

Thank you again for everyone's continued support.

Questions (seriously, really) comments, advice, and comments are welcome, as welcome.

Thanks again!

Blake

@pikachu

I have not written a research paper in a while. Though I know the methodology, and am more or less using the scientific method here. Modified for my own uses of course, but still based in that theory.

My background in writing was and is mostly technical. That is, extremely detailed documentation for technical support. I worked in a call center or rather a few, for many years troubleshooting basic to extremely advanced servers.

Good, accurate and complete documentation was a must. Who knew if the problem would come up again, and who would handle it. It was always needed to have everything you've done documented so that the next person didn't have to start fresh.

On the creative side, I've done creative writing on and off since I was in my early childhood. In HS I was put in a creative arts charter school and again honed in my skills.

My background before technical support is graphic design. I'll keep it simple and say I know page layout, how to create the bookmarkable PDFS etc. I know formatting and layout ok a semi-professional basis. I'll be using tools like QuatkXPress for this project. It will be a nice, polished project.

As for research. During my MBS program I had approx. one 40 page research paper due every couple weeks. Again, I know how to research, as well as keep things simple, in a flowing format.

I am not coming into this with no prior experience or expertise on the actual research, documentation, and professional layout of creating such a guide.

I know all too well this could easily become one long paragraph if not done correctly. I assure everyone here this will not be the case.

--------------------

Most fond memory- hmmm it doesn't actually involve wearing so much. More of the atmosphere. I hosted an ab/dl party a couple years ago, and ended up making a couple of friends for life that i am extremely close to and for that reason alone, would never regret this fetish in any way. They changed my life. For the better. And have been there through the good, and bad times.

So while not directly about diapers, it's a memory of how this fetish brought two people into my life that I cannot see ever living without. I'd say that's something to think back and smile upon.

Questions, comments, and concerns, are always welcomed.

-Blake-

Reality vs Fantasy.

This is about as personal as I'm going to get. On opinions and what not, however it's something that I've thought about on a regular basis.

Before we go into this journey, we all have the fantasy preconception of what it will be to wear 24/7. Forced into diapers for the rest of our life.

It isn't until we are a few months in, and our body starts changing at a rapid pace that we realize just what we've gotten into.

Let me give you an example- for most of us that are reading this forum think the idea is well ideal. We at some level understand the issues and trauma that those that never had this choice are going through. We understand that point of view, the constant warnings and backlash this particular part of the community faces. Though we also try to brush it off. Take their advice with a grain of salt.

We at some level understand the repercussions will be, the inconveniences and even the trauma this will cause us over the years. We can understand this from a 2nd hand nature. Though we still feel that in our case, the benefits will outweigh everything else.

Don't get me wrong. I've been there. I've thought this myself. I'm not here to judge anyone. Anyone's reasons or motivations. This particular post is to get you thinking. Processing the difference between the two.

I'm sitting here, writing this, with no diaper on. And only jeans. Both are a constant reminder. My reason. Need to air out for a bit. Apply topical ointment that gets greasy and takes some time to absorb. My point is that I am having to put half my attention on my bladder right now. To prevent myself from wetting myself. This is an active consequence of what I'm doing.

At some point the fantasy will turn into reality. I mean this by a few things.

Self acceptance

Routine

Daily habits

Rearranging your life to make this feasible. This may include work schedules. Where you keep supplies. How often you order. Telling those close to you.

There comes a point, different for everyone, where the reality Starts to set in. You get going. And and realize that most people neither notice nor care. The preconception that we have that this I'd SUCH a big deal matters very little to those who care most to you. And those strangers you have to tell.

I'm not telling you to go out and tell all your friends and family your trying to make yourself incontinent. In reality once you make it part of your life, very few people actually need to know. Those that find out will mostly brush it off and think nothing worse of you. Now again I am not telling you to go tell everyone that your trying to make yourself incontinent.

There may be a select few you can tell the entire truth. For the most part, come up with a reason your wearing. Stick to it. Get comfortable and confident with the story. Keep it simple. At least at first. Try to have a short and long version. As well as answers to every question you think may arise for those than give you 20 questions. For most a simple direct explanation works just fine.

Again there comes that point where things start to become routine. This is usually before your body starts changing drastically. So there's still some mental prep involved. Even once diapers become part of your daily routine.

I've found that on both times I've tried this that the right time for mr personally to start telling people was after things set into a daily routine and Before I actually start losing control.

Why you ask? Two fold reason. First you want to feel comfortable work your story and your routine. As well as have to come to terms that your in this for the long run. Second it gives you checks and balances. These will start to come in handy when your body starts changing on you. If you have a few people 2-3 say that your around with on a constant basis. You tell them your incontinent. You don't really have the excuse to stop wearing all of a sudden. Or rather it makes it much harder.

Ok. So we are that point where your body is starting to make changes.

Don't panic. This is likely going to before the point of no return. Though you'll start seeing patterns in your body change. Between this time and the weeks after your point of no return your going to be most vulnerable.

Your going to be tempted multiple times to turn around. Or at the very least slow down the progress. I urge you to instead of trying this, try to get through this time as quickly as possible. Use every tool you can to not hit brick walls and push through them. This is going to be scary. There is no doubt about that. Be as mentally prepared as you can.

During this period of your time your going to be paying extra close attention to your body. Especially if your trying to make this part of your journey as quick as possible. The fact is, your going to be aware of every single change your body goes through.

There will be many "hmmm, that's interesting" moments as well as " I did not expect that" and "wtf is my body doing to me".

This is the time that if your going to turn around. You'll most want to. Either you'll think. "this is awesome!" or "what have I got myself into"?

In any case there will be scary times. The fact is during this period your initiating permanent changes in your body. Your going to have lifelong consequences if you continue down this path.

You are changing your body, your habits, and your goal is to lose at least one of the basic bodily functions you have lived with so many years.

This is extreme body modification. Not something you can see from the outside, but inside you are changing your body for the rest of your life. Yes this means even if you decide to go back at some point. Your bodily will still retain at least some of these changes.

There is this idea that I've seen time and again that if you wear long enough you will become incontinent.

In my experience this could not be further from the truth. There are those who wear for fun, 24/7 for fun, and those who's goal is actual loss of bladder functions. That is. Incontinence.

You can wear for fun, even wear 24/7 with very few consequences. Even if you wear 24/7 you can do so for years and not get to the point of no return. This is because your not actively working on a goal. Your habits are the same, your bladder functions will mostly be the same for a Very long time. This is why you can do trials in very long runs, focus on the experience rather than the progress and still turn around.

Despite what you hear, you have to actively work on this goal. You will not magically become incontinent. Diapers do not make you incontinent. Hypnosis does not make you incontinent. Both are tools and only tools to allow you to reach your goal. There is no magic pill.

It is a bit of an oxymoron that you have to work at losing control but it is the most effective way to do this. Through this journey, and especially the first half you will be paying more attention to your bodily functions than you have since you were originally potty trained. You are retraining your body, mind. Coming to terms with what will affect you for the rest of your life, and having to pay constant attention to your bathroom habits. You will be fine tuning things for months, then paying close attention to your bodily changes, working through blocks as they come up, moving forward at every step. This is a lot of work. Even if you don't journal anything besides basic progress notes. And the only thing you focus on is changing your body. Using different tools and techniques as you hit different blocks.

Until a few weeks after the point of no return. You'll be paying extreme attention to you body and how it is reacting to the training your giving it.

Even after this point your still not incontinent and still have much work ahead of you, though your body is finally at a point where it is taking to the training. And you'll be able let things go on autopilot from time to time. Eventually, and this is the goal to let your body take to the retraining and so your having to use tools less and less. Eventually not at all.

Some medical info on just where we are trying to get. Again make no mistake- once you get to the point of no return you should be having these symptoms and going a day without a diaper should be extremely risky if not impossible.

Symptoms of Mixed Incontinence Because mixed incontinence is typically a combination of stress and urge incontinence, it shares symptoms of both. You may have

mixed incontinence if you experience the following symptoms:

Leaking urine when you sneeze, cough, laugh, do jarring exercise, or lift something heavy.

Leaking urine after a sudden urge to urinate, urinating while you sleep, after drinking a small amount of water, or when you touch water or hear it running.

Sound familiar doesn't it? That's because what your working towards is an actual medical condition.

Your muscles around the bladder will weaken, and your sphincter becomes unable to close completely due to atrophy causing urine to leak at unexpected and regular intervals.

Again familiar- Make no mistake what you are working towards is an actual definable medical condition. Your family, friends, strangers will see it that way, as will the medical system. If you need a diagnosis for what your getting through this training. You have it. You can stick with these facts if anyone asks.

Causes of Mixed Incontinence Mixed incontinence also shares the causes of both stress incontinence and urge incontinence.

Stress incontinence often results when childbirth, pregnancy, sneezing, coughing, or other factors lead to weakened muscles that support and control the bladder or increase

pressure on the bladder, causing urine to leak. Urge incontinence is caused by involuntary actions of the bladder muscles. These may

occur because of damage to nerves of the bladder, the nervous system, or muscles themselves. Such damage may be caused by certain surgeries or diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, stroke, or an injury. Other medical conditions, such as thyroid

problems and uncontrolled diabetes, can worsen symptoms of incontinence, as can certain medications such as diuretics.

As you can see although our cause is extremely different. The symptoms are the same. If you went to urologist. Told then you were experiencing these symptoms. This is what they'd give as the diagnosis.

So yes, you will eventually achieve a Definable form of incontinence. Make no mistake that this will become a real condition. This is the reality, versus the fantasy.

Again. Not to say you won't benefit from this. Nor am I saying that it is bad route to take. Only that it requires constant work to make progress, will eventually become a routine part of your life, will be scary at many points, and will result in an actual medical condition as the end goal/result.

What we fantasize about is sometimes different than the reality. Not quite the same. And what we fantasize about may not be easily achieved.

Be careful what you wish for, not because you might get it, bit because you might not want it once your wish is granted.

This is NOT to offend anyone, stray anyone from what they know and feel what is right for themselves. Only to make you think. Nothing more or less. We are all adults here, and fully capable of making our own choices and living with those choices.

-Blake-

I want to make sure credit is given, where its due. I never want to bash on the 12 month guide. If it ever comes across that way. I'm sorry. He did an amazing job creating a guide that has been in this community as the cornerstone of this interest. I would not be where I am today without this guide.

I believe the biggest problem with this program is the lack of good documentation on the ins and outs. Now I would not be where I am had it not been for this program. I'm not saying its bad. Just not thorough enough for that long period of time.

I find it funny somehow what my journal has evolved into. Progress/questions/answers. Rather than the first post asking for help. I soon realized that I was more of an advanced user on this subject. Got very little help. Though I found out many other people needed it. I honestly did not expect it to turn into a Q&A with going into the tiniest detail. I somehow felt once this was happening that I needed to continue. Give Back. I was already at a point where I knew this was going to be permanent. At least that I was going to finish this journey once and for all.

The biggest reasons I decided to convert the thread into a guide format was to give people and an open forum to ask continues questions while I go through this. Let them learn from my mistakes, as well as the research I've done and continue to do. As of noes I spend time on a regular basis going thro&gh and finding what I can about the human body.

Like some people here, I felt that the 12 month guide could be revised. While not directly my goal. It became clear that I was starting to fill in some of the missing puzzle pieces.

The bottom line became. If I'm going to document this process, I should try to make it as beneficial to as many individuals as possible. Not replace the 12 month guide. As that Is still an excellent starting point. Rather create More of a troubleshooting guide that can be referenced as ones needs change.

Oddly I'm finding it very rewarding. It'd become an outlet for mr. As well as at least the raw info is getting there. If not in order and always grammatically correct. Everything that I write will be organized, rewritten and proofread for the guide itself.

So while it may seem like I'm on a mission here it did not start that way. It started out as a way to ask for help, as well as document the progress. I never intended to create a guide. However when it become clear I was posting lots of short guides and even longer posts. I decided I didn't want all of find to be for nothing. I decided that with this information comes a responsibility to share the wealth for years to come. And so the journey and goal of creating a guide was created.

I recently spoke to DailyDi. For anyone worried about getting there hands on a copy upon completion. It will be posted as a sticky when it is complete.

I have absolutely no intentions of turning back. The support I'm getting back from this community has been overwhelming and I do not want to disappoint.

I thank you again for joining me in the journey and giving me the support needed to follow through.

Thanks again,

Blake

For those that are thinking of using the alarm method I have found a wonderful app that I am using with great success.

The app is for the iOS. If you happen to have one, I'd recommend it.

The app itself is called "Alarmed" it's free in the app store, though the functionality we want is I'm a $2 bonus pack.

If you end up buying it you can set up multiple alarms, that are titled as "reminders". With the bonus pack there is a nag feature- you can set it to nag you every minute until you go to the app to acknowledge it.

I've personally found it very useful.

I have two reminders set up. One for while I'm awake. The other while I sleep.

The one for sleep is set to every hour. This meaning it wakes me up and nags me until I wet myself.

The alarm during the day is set to every 15 minutes. It keeps me reminded to keeps bladder relaxed, even if it is still early in the day before I can go that often.

The two cool things about this is that it sends you a push notification nagging you. Not easy to ignore.

It also has about 25+ sounds you can choose from to remind you.

I've found this beneficial as you are essential training yourself and conditioning the mind to wet at certain intervals as well as to a certain sound.

If your at work you can put your phone or iOS device on silent, and still have it buzz for you. Again you'd get a buzz every minute until you acknowledge it. Very helpful when you need to be stealthy.

I'm finding Extreme progress at night that is being reflecting during the day. I actually am sleeping very well. If I remember melatonin.

During the day as mentioned it has acted as a reminder to keep my bladder relaxed even if I don't have enough fluids to get to the point of urination that quickly.

The overall effect has been terrific. I am making progress I can see as I'm no longer backtracking during the night.

One last cool feature is that you can write whatever you want as the text message/ push notification.

Helps if you respond to a written reinforcement and need something to motivate you.

If anyone has an android device handy and can find something similar that would be great if your able to post it.

Thanks again for the support.

-Blake-

More like you'll get a push notification and loud alarm every minute until you acknowledge it. So in a sense. Yes. I use it as training. Either a reminder to keep everything relaxed and open of there is nothing to expel. Or to be on a schedule. Make sure I'm releasing urine as much as possible.

The effect becomes that it is a constant reminder.

I'm at that point now where i feel urges every so often but ignore them if I'm distracted. This helps me be much more aware of my body.

The biggest problem that many encounter is night wetting. They sleep right through a full or partially full bladder. Thus all the training you did during the day is a bit undone at night as you keep waking up to a bursting bladder.

Your in a sense reversing everything you worked for during the day.

By having the alarm every hour at night. Combined with a mild sedative. Your able to be awakened. Let yourself empty the bladder. And fall back asleep.

This prevents the undoing of the work during the day. Helping you to continue to make progress and not backtrack every night.

-Blake-

Progress update

Nothing in the 12 month guide on exactly where I am, so I will have to explain. Of I had to guess, somewhere between months 7-10 according to his progress.

Basically what is going on is that there is almost a constant dribble. Though I'm aware of the need to urinate, and can still hold it if need be the urge to urinate comes up Extremely quickly and within a matter of five minutes becomes painful to hold.

If I try to hold it even for this length of time I literally get teary eyed with pain, and relief from said pain.

Unless there is a kink in the urethra holding it for longer than 15 minute once the urge hits is nearly impossible. It goes from a minor annoyance to extreme pain usually within 5 minutes and 10 minutes max.

Often times if I'm distracted, the pain will interrupt my thought process just long enough to start the flow. But not long enough to pay attention to finishing it.

I'm finding it Extremely difficult to tell how much I'm going. Combined with the half paying attention, there is also extreme decreased sensation during flow. Thus meaning I'm not sure how strong the flow is or when it actually stops.

I'm finding I'm having to stick to a changing schedule more and more. As well as check the diaper more and more for the "just in case" scenario.

Nighttime I'm always wetting while I sleep. I'm still not sure if it's when I'm half awake or while I'm fully asleep. In any case it's creating habits and I'm waking up soaked every morning. If it is the half awake scenario. Soon I won't be waking up. In Any case I don't remember and it's 7 days a week now.

The alarms have helped tremendously. Sped things up exponentially. Both during the day and at night.

I keep telling myself "oh no you could turn back" but know really I'm approaching if not already passed the point of no return.

It's been a wonderful experience. Extremely quick this time around. I think mostly because I'm using multiple tools. As well as I had physical changes from last time.

To get to the point where I want to be I still think its going to be another four months. Putting me at around six months rather than twelve. I think for the average person they could do this is in seven-eight months. With no prior experience or even dry practice runs.

I am also going to start working on the guide now. Rather than later. My hope is by the end I'll be in real time and there will be a very short wait.

Thanks for all the support everyone.

I mean what I said earlier. I could not have done this without your help.

-Blake-

Not sure if I follow you on the bedwetting. It is working. That I think is one of the last things to happen. As your changing your sleeping habits, the alarm during the night every hour has helped weaken my bladder exponentially. I am no longer backtracking. Taking two step forward one step back. I'm also almost asleep when I do wet at night. The alarm goes off, I stir, release the urine. Turn off the alarm and go back to sleep.

Right now my goal is the overall weakening of the bladder. So that it will become impossible to hold my bladder through the night once the alarm is discontinued. The idea is to create a pattern of wetting at least every hour during the day and night. Get the body used to the cycle. Get the bladder and sphincter so weak so that any urge cannot be ignored.

The only time I hold it is when actually putting on a diaper. Taping it up. And that is a 5 minute period, that I am vulnerable. Every few weeks I may hold it for 2-3 hours as well while I let topical ointment soak in. So that I don't get frustrated. Usually my thought process is "yes I'm incontinent" yes I'll go where I am, if I leak. Well. Oh well. If I didn't put a diaper on. That's stupid of me. And yes. I have had a few accidents.

Again. The goal is to condition the body and mind to go at regular times, and use the alarm system to weaken the bladder to the point where it is impossible to hold it for more then a few minutes during the day, and night. As well as condition myself slowly to wet at night by slowly turning the volume down on the alarm, and increasing the intervals.

In any case. Progress is being made. The fact I don't remember wetting half the time during the day looking back on it. And don't remember wetting 90% of the time during the night means things are looking up.

-Blake-

More or less. I'm teaching my body to react to stimuli. Both in terms of sound, a written message, vibration, the announcement of the time of day, and, especially at night being woken up on the hour. The awaking becomes a stimulus in itself. The routine of looking at the message. Turning off the alarm and wetting takes place in about 10 seconds. I'm asleep again in less than a minute. Main reason I don't remember anything. I don't move. Even if I leak I don't notice til morning. Just Barely awake.

-Blake-