LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

School Food

Mary-Ann

do any one have fond memories of elementary school , kindergarten or day care foods ?

for me I still like : tater tots, chicken patty sandwich , apple juice with Graham cracker , and those yellow trays with partitions so different food don't touch .

and those chocolate pb squares what was the name of tem?

From what I remember, I was a little tyrant at school, and used to have great fun spilling the milk into the fruit cups. Yes, we used to get small cartons of milk and small containers of either fruit or yogurt. The question has reminded me of the fun I used to have at that time, and also what used to annoy me.

food is none-existant in norwegian schools

the only thing we can BUY is milk

were one of the richest countries in the world and dosent even serve any food and have to buy the milk, go figure...

I remember lunch in grade school. All the smells blended together. The aroma wafting down the corridors a hour or so before lunch. My grandmothers friend was our lunch lady. My Grandmother would give her a dollar each for me and my older brother (By a year). Our lunch was either prepaid by my parents or some other such other thing. We had a lunch card that the lunch lady would punch. Then she would hand me and my brother a dollar each day. Alot of kids would just stare at that. A dollar was alot back it the 60's for a kid!:whistling:

Now back then a pint of milk was two cents and chocolate was 3 cents. Me and my brother sometimes would walk a few blocks up the street to a local bar by the train tracks and pull our self up on the barstool down by the griddle and get a burger and fries, that was the best tasting burger back when I was a kid. Once again my grandmother knew everyone in town, so it wasn't a big deal back then. I mean how many kindergartners can just walk away from school for lunch and go to a bar for food??? The world has defiantly changed and not for the good I'm afraid...so sad :crybaby:

Oh yeah...as for the dollar, Their was a small thrift/consignment/junk shop, catty cornered from the Elementary school. The front counter was Chock full of candy with a glass display case and the wall filled behind it. Every kind of pennie candy some a nickle and I believe candybars (About 2 times the size they are now) were a dime. Brown paper bag full of candy me and my brother walked home about 1/2 mile, ruining our dinner!:thumbsup:

There was no prepared lunch to buy, except special fast food days, at my grade school. So everyone just brought their own lunch. I hated lunch it was so inconvenient, the lunchpail got sticky by the middle of the year, the stupid freezer pac got sticky as well and didnt do a good job. It was horrible. I've had alot of different kids lunch oriented items and each one made me sick after eating, the lunchables pizzas gave me a headache and any of their meat selection just looked bad.

I tried making my own for a while, they looked good when I made them and stuck in the bag, but by lunch time they were disgusting. I think by the end of it all I settled on some sort of microwavable burrito because it was meant to be warm and would last the 4 hours till lunch, and i dint have to use the stupid freezer pack. But then a couple of jerks started to make fun of my burrito. I think they were jealous.

I hated lunch until high school.

Near Thanksgiving, we'd have Turkey Surprise type stuff...It was great...I think it was a stuffing/mashed potato/turkey bake. There was also this nacho cheese tortilla soup stuff that was totally delicious and I'd always spend any spare cash on a big bowl of it for lunch.

As far as the usual school lunch, a chicken patty was always a standby for me. My favorite sides were curly fries and side salads. Chocolate milk was ALWAYS my drink, every lunchtime. If there wasn't chocolate milk, I'd settle for 2% or apple juice at the time.

The PBJ was gross...It was sloppy and the ratio of PB to jelly was overloaded. The hamburgers and cheeseburgers weren't bad.

Snacks/desserts...Graham crackers or pretzels with PB (and/or Nutella), strawberries and whipped cream, animal crackers, Little Debbie snack cakes, a good ol' ice cream sandwich, or blue Laffy Taffy...Yum.

~ moogle

Near Thanksgiving, we'd have Turkey Surprise type stuff...It was great...I think it was a stuffing/mashed potato/turkey bake. There was also this nacho cheese tortilla soup stuff that was totally delicious and I'd always spend any spare cash on a big bowl of it for lunch.

As far as the usual school lunch, a chicken patty was always a standby for me. My favorite sides were curly fries and side salads. Chocolate milk was ALWAYS my drink, every lunchtime. If there wasn't chocolate milk, I'd settle for 2% or apple juice at the time.

The PBJ was gross...It was sloppy and the ratio of PB to jelly was overloaded. The hamburgers and cheeseburgers weren't bad.

Snacks/desserts...Graham crackers or pretzels with PB (and/or Nutella), strawberries and whipped cream, animal crackers, Little Debbie snack cakes, a good ol' ice cream sandwich, or blue Laffy Taffy...Yum.

~ moogle

moogle I am so hungry after reading your post

you always make nice writings

I always loved the chicken nugests with the tater tots, and the fifty cent ice cream bars, but unfortunately the school district decided to have fat free chocolate milk which tasted yucky. I also loved the pork rib sandgwich. Life got better in fourth grade when they put in an allsport machine. But i have to say nothing beat an old fasioned luncheble.

tater tots and square pizza ftw!

Our pizza's where in the shape of a stop sign. We also had taco tubs.The taco shell was in the shape of a rectangular bowl. Every Halloween they would serve us chili which they called witch's brew.

tater tots and square pizza ftw!

Holy crap, that square pizza was nasty. We had it every Friday and I always took my lunch that day.

Our pizza's where in the shape of a stop sign.

Not nearly as bad as the square pizza, but still pretty horrible.

I remember the food I enjoyed most in elementary school were the chicken sandwiches and the chicken nuggets. I didn't eat breakfast at school too often, but I distinctly remember liking the breakfasts better than the lunches.

I remember during middle school we could buy Papa John's pizza by the slice(might have been Domino's. I don't remember) and I had that pretty much every day. I blew through my lunch money pretty fast in the six months I was there. I was a holy terror at that school and my mom ended up transferring me to a charter school that has since closed. I took my lunch for the rest of middle school because they didn't have a kitchen and the lunches were brought in from another school and were always the leftovers. I ate one and decided to bring my lunch from that day forward.

High school was way better because I was home schooled.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest little_jonny

lets see if i can remember

k-2 grade school square pizza, apple sauce, peas, milk or choclate milk (for those who couldnt have milk there was juice), and can't remember much

3-5 grade, mostly the same thing except no apple sauce. um carrots, peas, there will be breakfast day, milk, chocolate milk, and other things that are good for you. in that grade we could buy an extra snack. like chips, ice cream, twix, sunny d juic, and other stuff.

6-8 grade, buy what you want really.. pizza from pizza brothers. (you could also buy a box if you wanted) slushie's, ice cream, bosoco sticks, french bread pizza, bananna's, carrots,

9-12 grade. lets just say, i hardly ate anything good.. they had healthy food and kids ate it. they had ice cream pizza day from pizza places.. on wednesdays and fridays. salads, roasted chicken some days that made some people sick, vending machines for juice, powerade, and other snacks.

i can't remember much of what else my school had at lunch.. but thet was my school menu most days

To anyone interested in remaking all kinds of elementary-school cafeteria food at home, many school district websites have online lunch menus for the days ahead! Lemme find it right now...

Look at the Lunch menus in PDF form!:

http://www.usd383.org/District/FoodService.aspx

Where it indicates Elementary lunch or breakfast menus for the current and following months, click that and if you don't know how to cook the menu items from there off-hand, Google for their recipes.

Good luck, have fun, and let us know how it goes!! happy.gif

• Like 1

Thinking about this, has reminded me what I used to hate about school food, and what annoys me about eating out in some places. It is that no matter what was being served, the person insists in poring a immatation-beef gravy over everything making everything taste of that stuff. The stuff I am refering to had the trade name of Bisto, and this stuff is vile.

Thinking about this, has reminded me what I used to hate about school food, and what annoys me about eating out in some places. It is that no matter what was being served, the person insists in poring a immatation-beef gravy over everything making everything taste of that stuff. The stuff I am refering to had the trade name of Bisto, and this stuff is vile.

I found that on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisto

You can add to it how it's an imitation and how it really tasted. Though if you want to be sure it stays, you might want to read up on how to add your info in the right ways.

• Like 1

To anyone interested in remaking all kinds of elementary-school cafeteria food at home, many school district websites have online lunch menus for the days ahead! Lemme find it right now...

Look at the Lunch menus in PDF form!:

http://www.usd383.org/District/FoodService.aspx

Where it indicates Elementary lunch or breakfast menus for the current and following months, click that and if you don't know how to cook the menu items from there off-hand, Google for their recipes.

Good luck, have fun, and let us know how it goes!! happy.gif

Yea, I really don't need to relive my school lunch days. The majority of the food was shit. :P:D:P

Yes!

The one thing that stands out in my mind was a chocolate confection that was like a brownie,

but it was real gooey (like fudge) and had (I think) toasted coconut in it. (My mouth is watering as I type this)

Never had anything like it since and for the past 40 + years, have never been able to duplicate it myself. (sigh)

And the whole lunch with milk was only 35 cents.

• 9 months later...

Its funny im fond of my school food because of how bad it was. It made it memorable. This one time in elementary school we broke the end off a hot dog and threw it agenst the table to see if it would bounce (they tasted like rubber). To our amsumsent it bounced several feet in the air. We had the time of our lives bouncing this hotdog on the table for several minutes before the lunch lady came over and yelled at us.