LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If You Can't Avoid Them, Join Them!

HPD

Hello all!

Having just joined the community I felt it was probably a good idea to give you all a bit of background information about me.

For quite a long time I have been fighting a more or less serious incontinence problem due to a chronic healt issue. After a plethora of medical tests and examinations, the bottom line I got was, more or less, "Hmm, you have a problem..." and a disability pension. Since I'm often bedridden for days at a time, I was of course unable to hide the truth for my immediate surroundings.

Yet for years I only told about the incontinence problem when I really had no way around it. One reason for this is that I have a rather down-to-earth and easily verifiable, yet unrelated, secondary health issue. It prevents me from using most types of incontinence aids, except diapers and, in principle, indwelling catheters(!)

At the time I didn't know many people in the local disability community, and to say I wasn't happy about the idea of having to wear diapers would be an understatement.

Over time most of my close friends learned about my incontinence one way or the other, and, to my surprise, they pretty much all thought none of it. Most said I should just do what I needed to do when I needed to do it, and ignore any naysayers I might meet. That many of my friends have health issues of their own probably have something to do with this though.

Old habits are hard to break though, and I still tend to just stay at home on the days, when I'm 'only' fighting my weak bladder. Lots of precious time have been wasted this way.

This past December was not one of my best, and at New Years Eve I had had enough. So I made a New Years resolution that this year I will turn everything relating to incontinence upside down. I will try to learn living with the problem instead of fighting and hiding it. Part of this 'coping process' is to seek out 'the opposition' (Ie. you people!) and learn from your attitudes toward the issue.

Maybe I can even do my own tiny part and in due time make diapers more socially acceptable. (Nah...?) At the very least I hope that if I cannot avoid them, then I might as well try to get a positive outlook on the ins and outs of wearing diapers.

Everyone claims it helps talking about an unavoidable problem, yet I have found the discussion on many of the incontinence boards to be somewhat ... uptight. It is obviously OK to talk for weeks about selecting the new power chair or how to best use intermittent catheters, but diapers?

At this point I should probably say that I believe I am in general a very open minded person. I have of course known about the AB/DL community for years, and I cannot say that I mind in the least. My only real issue with the AB/DL mindset is when some IMHO misguided individuals abuse companies and organisations, who would rather not have to deal with it.

Something entirely different: Whenever you read something I wrote, then please keep in mind that English is not my language of birth, far from it in fact. An unpleasant side effect of this is that I tend to use language and expressions 'borrowed' from TV and similar sources, often not in the context for which they were meant. So if you ever feel offended or insulted by something I wrote, please consider giving me the benefit of the doubt and ask if I knew what I just wrote. Normally I do not deliberately do or say something, which I suspect would offend or insult others.

The other side of the coin is that I believe it is virtually impossible to offend me, having been on the 'net for more than 15 years. My online virtual hide is made from a very tough chrome/vanadium alloy, so do your worst! At most you may get me to simply ignore you. ^_^

Well, I better stop here before I bore you all to sleep. I will drop in from time to time and see if I can perhaps shake a world view or two once in a while.

A belated happy new year to all.

HPD.

• Like 1

Hi HPD; Just want to welcome you to the board. I'm glad you came to this site. You will find a lot of support here. Wearing of diapers is no big issue with people on the outside, they really don't pay any attention or even care. The cloth covered pull-ups are less noticeable and not as noisey, depends on what you prefer.

Dookey

well hey there and welcome.

i was in an accident about 12 yrs ago and have had night time incontinance

and some daytime problems. i started wearing right away and had

embarrassment issues from the start. i soon got over it when i realized that

the best way to do so for me was to find out how to have fun with it.

since then they have been just a different type of underwear to me.

the whole ab/dl thing for me is rather a coping issue..a way of not being too

serious about it. hope this helps you to put some perspective on the issue.

Welcome. You will notice a great range of individuals here, with many different reasons for wanting to wear, needing to wear, or just wearing for fun. And there are a great range of individuals here which may be able to answer questions, or offer advice or insight as to why many of use wear diapers. Hope you can come to a general conclusion that your need to wear diapers, will generally have no issue to most friends who understand your reason for needing them. Have fun.

Welcome HPD. I'm new to this site too. As an administrator for 22 years, I can assure you that your English is just fine, in-fact, better than most. I think it's great that you are trying to make something positive out of something negative. I get the feeling that some, maybe many, on this site wish they had your problem. However, having it and wanting it is two different things. I've even thought about it myself. We DLs and ABs wear diapers by choice, but it kind of puts things in perspective for us when we know someone that doesn't have a choice, but we still fantasize about it - it's our way. Anyways, I'm sure you will have nothing but fun on this site and get good sound advice. Good Luck!!!