Go - No Go  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a story you would like?

• Very much
    • Probably
    • Maybe
    • Probably Not
    • Not At All

After the accident a little more than a year ago, I had this vision of death. What would the person that came along after me, to dispose of my possessions think when they found enema bags, nozzles, adult diapers and plastic pants? What would the person make of these things as they move on without me? I'm trying to work it up to a story concept but so far this is all I have.

I'm looking for suggestions, is it a male or female that was the deceased? Is the person that goes through the things a lover, a spouse, a sibling, a parent, etc? What questions does the discovery pose in the mind of the one that finds it? Files found on a computer shed light that possibly this isn't medical. There are several stories written by someone that goes by the name of "2late4potty" (or make up some name). This discovery draws in the person, who was initially repulsed.

The discover of half completed stories and a google search for "2late4potty" turns up that the person was active in several sites, including our very own DD. Nobody on the forums has heard from the deceased and they have no idea where he/she went. The revelation the person lead a double life opens before the survivor. They get a glimpse into some feelings the loved one dealt with. They even get the courage to post the passing of the person.

I have the ending scene already worked out, I just need the filler the glues it all together. I plan on having flash backs that the reader matches to events with the departed, giving them a whole new outlook on the event. It wasn't just a slip of the tongue or an off-hand joke. The loved one was looking for a sign that others were receptive to the notion that they were different.

At the very end, it is revealed how they died because we don't get that up front. We don't know if it was an accident, which is how I plan to lead the readers. I'm not a fan of suicide so we can rule that out. I hope to have a twist here but I'll save the actual spoiler for another post in case you want to read it when I actually write it.

Sound intriguing? Anyone care to work with me to fill in the gaps? If you can draw upon your own life experiences, that would be so cool.

First of all, PLEASE wrap up Walk the Walk!

Secondly, this story concept intrigues me because I worry about this same sort of thing happening! I don't have any ideas for this, but want to encourage you to write it with or without others' input.

It is a strange time for me right now. I go back and look at "Walk The Walk" but I can't seem to put more words on the page. I will finish it but my motivation is low right now. Hang in there.

I know what you mean about this feeling on the story. It was a real fear of mine in the very beginning, about 15 years ago. It made me so paranoid to think about what someone would think after I was gone. I don't think I would care after I'm gone but it makes one think.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean about this feeling on the story. It was a real fear of mine in the very beginning, about 15 years ago. It made me so paranoid to think about what someone would think after I was gone. I don't think I would care after I'm gone but it makes one think.

On the one hand, you might not care but from my point of view, if I love the person now and they don't know about me, I care now how they'd feel then - if you understand what I'm saying. Once I'm gone, I don't think it would matter but I'm not even sure about that. Still, I do like the idea of the story and wish others would give input as well.

I have a few thoughts on this, but not sure how to put thenm down right now. I will have to think on it for a little while and get back to you. I have gone to many a persons house after they have died and had to go through their life and see how they lived so I too have thought about what one would think about my house and my life after I died and someone had to go through and piece together my life.

SoakedinIowa

I was thinking instead of putting the story in a place of someone that knows the person that passed away, how about putting one of the emergency responders into diapers or maybe even a police officer that finds the deceased. I always wondered how I would have reacted if one of the death scene I went to had someone in diapers or if I had found a nursery like they did on that CSI show. I don't kow jsut a thought.

SoakedinIowa

I was thinking instead of putting the story in a place of someone that knows the person that passed away, how about putting one of the emergency responders into diapers or maybe even a police officer that finds the deceased. I always wondered how I would have reacted if one of the death scene I went to had someone in diapers or if I had found a nursery like they did on that CSI show. I don't kow jsut a thought.

SoakedinIowa

Interesting angle and I would read such a story but my experience with police and medical people is not positive enough for me to feel I could write it believably. If you want to take the idea and run with it, you are more than welcome to put it out there. As I said, I'd read it.