• odor
    • finding a place to change
    • leaks in public
    • crinkle/ sound
    • wetting /messing imeadiatly after a fresh diaper change
    • changing in a public bathroom
    • making sure you are properly stocked
    • other (please post reason)

Not being able to change in a timely manner and having the diaper fall apart and loosing the white material in balls down you pant legs! Being on a trip for a few days and not able to fit enough diapers to get by and then having to buy a cheap brand at Walmart, or somewhere, and only able to fit half a bag in my luggage and wasting the rest.

When I am away from home, I don't worry about being seen changing in a public restroom. I used to really hate having to carry the wet diaper out of the stall to the trash bind and being seen, but I realized they don't know me and will never see me again. Plus, most people know about incontinence and it isn't as big a deal as we make it out to be.

i have battled with varying degrees of incont. since a child, plus using regression to cope with all the bad things happening in school due to physical handicap. I would always be looking for something to use as a diaper, but when my mom found them, or caught me wearing them, the response was always the same. She'd ask why I was wearing them and I could only shrug, and then she'd threaten to tell my dad and take me to a shrink. At age 13 I nurse yanked a catheter all the way out while trying to turn me in bed after my first back surgery. A few months later I really struggled with staying dry and bladder spasms. I used bath towels as a diaper, and because of my history with mom, I could never tell her the problems I was having. Also puberty was happening so I was, and still somewhat am, on screwed up person.

I have so much shame around my incontinence since I am also an AB that I still need/use to cope with life. (Lost career as a pilot due to both physical and depression and ended up on SSDI)

After my last back surgery in Dec. I was in the hospital for six days. The first half of the stay I needed help to change. Wanting to be treated as a baby I originally thought it would be nice when a nurse helped and that I may feel more like a baby and regress to better cope with pain and other things. Yet, when a nurse did help, I ended up doing as much as I could on my own. I felt to much shame about everything. Also, when I see pictures of AB's in diapers and playing with baby toys I feel disgusted thinking how weird they are, yet that is me when alone.

Sorry to ramble. Just joined this group tonight and need to pay attention on where to post things.

I ams still in therapy to try and make since of all these conflicting emotions I have.

• 6 months later...

The biggest issue with wearing diapers that I have is clothing because I want to wear regular shorts and pants, but reality of sweats and baggy overall bibs is more towards the style I wear, which saddens me! Any advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The biggest issue with wearing diapers that I have is clothing because I want to wear regular shorts and pants, but reality of sweats and baggy overall bibs is more towards the style I wear, which saddens me! Any advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...black pants conceal leaks nicely...I just wear regular long pants and/or jeans, could probably do shorts but that's not allowed at work.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaks, I cannot predict when they will happen, it is always somewhere inconvenient and leaving a smelly wet seat in your friends living room is embarrassing.

Running low on supplies comes second and you can guarantee when the supply is low the next diaper out the bag has dodgy tapes and you kidneys are working overtime.

the absolutely worst thing that can happen is being on a city bus thats full(standing room only) and you end-up filling your diaper right there

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...

I'd say leaks irritate me the most. You can prepare for everything else, and hey, I don't have the right to be irritated about finding a place to change, or crinkling noises, or bulk, because I did this to myself. But the unexpected leaks... it just seems like the Universe is punishing me when that happens. Thankfully, it's relatively rare, but, every once in a while, even a good diaper throws a curveball at you. "What the hell... these diapers cost $6 each and are rated to hold the amount of liquid present in a 12 pack of beer! How the F*** do I have a damp spot on the back of my thigh while I'm standing in a Costco 90 minutes after I put it on!?!?" 

Having an accident in public is the most annoying thing for me specially when I mess my diaper. When I wet myself in public, nobody will notice but when I make a mess in my diaper in public, there is no hiding the smell of a load of poop and I have to stop what ever I am doing to go back to my truck and get my change kit and find a bathroom to change.