LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Technical Problems

I get home from bust buy with my bounty of a new keyboard and a 2gb upgrade RAM upgrade for my pc.. i start to work disemblowing my laptop and strip 3 screws... FML .. on the bright side.. the keyboard is awesome

I think you mean "disemboweling," but close enough. :P

It really sucks how shoddy the build quality can be for some laptop parts. I bought a BRAND NEW ASUS laptop last week, and it was purportedly one of the most reliable notebooks Best Buy sells. Five days later, I go to boot it up, and the damn thing just stares at me defiantly with a black screen. Nothing. Power issue. Turns out that the battery was basically DOA.

Thankfully, it was under warranty. The Geek Squad is actually pretty good about walking through and fixing problems. You might consider seeing if they can help you out, as long as the cost isn't prohibitive.

Laptop screws are cross-head type size 0 or size 00. Most screwdrivers that are available will fit the screw in a laptop is a pozidriv tip, and that will strip the head without opening the screw. It will take time to chase down the proper screwdriver.

The only option I have found to remove such a screw is using a new sharp 4mm drill bit and drilling off the screw head. Once the case is removed, the remaining bit of screw can be removed with a pointed nosed pliers.

Some newer laptops use torc screws.

If you have never removed screws on your laptop before, ensure you have the proper tools before commencing. Compaq laptop screws, once the heads are stripped have a hardened collar that can't be drilled, and will need an engineers screw extractor to remove them. Philips are starting to use similar screws, so be careful removing these, or it may cost more that the laptop to repair.

• Like 1