LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stay-Dry Panties

Folks,

Miracles of miracles!!

I was poking around the site and came across this URL

http://www.dailydiapers.com/content/staydry.html

I was a long time wearer of Stay-Dry panties, an all in one, tie on diaper pant for bed wetting. I wore them till I was 8 years old. Each night was a "nightmare" of being told to go get "dressed" for bed. At first my mom would put them on, they required tying three "shoe lace" knots on each side. I was so embarrassed and my brother would embarrass me so much I would take them off and of course the bed would get wet. My mom would start knotting them on so I could not get them off, but then there was the pain of using a knitting needle to loosen the knot each morning and the straps broke. We had a long talk about damage to my bed and such and so I started voluntarily putting them on at night. As mentioned on the review in the URL they did leak from the sides so for a while I also wore Playtex rubber pants over my Stay-Dry's.

But these were hard times particularly with my brother giving me grief. Fortunately, he never carried through on his threat to tell other people. Maybe because he wet the bed for a while himself. I can also remember some neighbor girls coming over and finding one pair of the pants and wanting to play "baby" when I was about 4. That's another story.

I can't seem to determine who put the review in the museum but thanks!! It brings back mixed fealings both good and bad. I hated bed wetting...cold wet and diaper rash...but loved wearing diapers...

On an old computer, I had several images of Stay-Dry ad's from the '50s but they were lost when the hard drive failed. I always remembered the smiling boy in pictures...my mom joked onetime that I could do and ad...scared me to death..

My grandmother also tried to make some staydrys but the plastic never held up, think she used worn out shower curtains.

It's funny the things you remember .....

Thanks for listening.....

I remember seeing this advert in a magazine sent to us by am American cousin. It was the only information that I had that other children had the problem; I wasn't unique.

I remember wearing the old Salk snap on pants as a teenager. They were a joke. They leaked.

Folks,

Miracles of miracles!!

I was poking around the site and came across this URL

http://www.dailydiapers.com/content/staydry.html

I was a long time wearer of Stay-Dry panties, an all in one, tie on diaper pant for bed wetting. I wore them till I was 8 years old. Each night was a "nightmare" of being told to go get "dressed" for bed. At first my mom would put them on, they required tying three "shoe lace" knots on each side. I was so embarrassed and my brother would embarrass me so much I would take them off and of course the bed would get wet. My mom would start knotting them on so I could not get them off, but then there was the pain of using a knitting needle to loosen the knot each morning and the straps broke. We had a long talk about damage to my bed and such and so I started voluntarily putting them on at night. As mentioned on the review in the URL they did leak from the sides so for a while I also wore Playtex rubber pants over my Stay-Dry's.

But these were hard times particularly with my brother giving me grief. Fortunately, he never carried through on his threat to tell other people. Maybe because he wet the bed for a while himself. I can also remember some neighbor girls coming over and finding one pair of the pants and wanting to play "baby" when I was about 4. That's another story.

I can't seem to determine who put the review in the museum but thanks!! It brings back mixed fealings both good and bad. I hated bed wetting...cold wet and diaper rash...but loved wearing diapers...

On an old computer, I had several images of Stay-Dry ad's from the '50s but they were lost when the hard drive failed. I always remembered the smiling boy in pictures...my mom joked onetime that I could do and ad...scared me to death..

My grandmother also tried to make some staydrys but the plastic never held up, think she used worn out shower curtains.

It's funny the things you remember .....

Thanks for listening.....

Glad you liked my review! I was very lucky to find an incontinent man with a horde of these pants who was willing to part with one! Still have it, but sadly it doesn't fit me. Has been amazingly well kept, still has that fresh linen scent.

• 6 years later...
On ?10?/?7?/?2009 at 6:23 AM, DailyDi said:

Glad you liked my review! I was very lucky to find an incontinent man with a horde of these pants who was willing to part with one! Still have it, but sadly it doesn't fit me. Has been amazingly well kept, still has that fresh linen scent.

I realize that this is an old post, but I am interested in recreating StayDry panties. I would like to find out if you still have a pair of these, or at least tell me how they are made. What is the fabric, inside & outside? Are they waterproof? Where is the barrier?

Can you send a picture?

Thanks,

little debbie

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I don not know where that ad is from but it looks like the ones I saw in the 1958 timeframe. I actually had a pair in 1981