LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Products Are Missing From Your Life?

romper

Basically, the adult baby market is looking for 'baby' items (rattles, teethers, highchairs - the works ) in adult sizes but not made for an adult body, but rather a baby design increased proportionally in size.

agreed its not all about sex, true this is a fetish but we want to be babies, and babies dont think about sex.

but to have some of those baby toy sized for adults would be great :D

I know that BabyMaggie would like an appropriate sized paci, but only in SILICONE. The Nuk 5 only comes in latex and she hates that. With a basic silicone nipple, you can make the pacifier, a Platex compatible high flow nipple, a Dr. Brown's compatible high low nipple and perhaps your own 12 oz baby bottle with high flow nipple.

The other general suggestions about scaling baby things up appeal to the whole age play crowd. The shortfall in the clothing department is that so many of the little girl clothes are scaled for male sissies. My wife is an AB/LG and would love play clothes, but all she can find that is reasonably priced and fits a woman is onzies.

She's fine with toys from the toy store so that might be a thin market, but what do I know? Adult juvenile furniture and accesories is a great idea!

Please let us know when we can browse/shop your website.

Regards,

Honu and BabyMaggie

Proof of demand?

Isn't one look at fetwear or bambino's website enough to cover that?

Actually, it's not quite that simple from a business standpoint. You raise a very good question.

In the case of Fetware, they sell to a broad cross section. Not just ABDL but plastic and rubber fetishist (a larger market than just ABDL alone). The plastic pants and items that are not strickly ABDL related can be redirected toward other markets: Incontenence, medical supply, etc.

In the case of Bambino, they took a huge risk. But they were probably able to minimize it using limited runs of merchandise. The most expensive part of creating a standard item is the prototype and the process engineering. With regard to the plastic pants in Fetware and the Diapers from bambino... they only slightly modify the manufacturing process. They don't have to recreate it for a completely new item.

In order to outsource an order for say Pacifiers in size 5, they a MSR (Minimum Standard Run) which depending on the item may be a run of 1,000 or 10,000 units. The reason is they have to set the machines and procure the materials and that takes a substancial amount of time. The manufacturers have to cover their cost.

IF anything, think about buying business cards... you can get 100 for 15 bucks or 500 for 22 dollars. After the fixed costs are met, the per unit cost increases according to the variable cost only.

So properly sizing and determining the market potential for a product is huge. But if they were making say Adult Pacifiers, they could safely assume that ABDL's would buy them in LIEU of the Size 3 NUKs. The problem arises in properly sizing the ABDL population and setting the optimal price point for the item.

With a minimum of 1000 units, they'd have a decently easy time selling all of the items. However, if they had to make an MSR of 10k units, that would prove difficult. Even if they sold off their entire stock after 3 years, they'd have to carry the financial burden of the investment for that time. Imagine if I asked one of you to give me a 50k dollar loan and then asked you to charge me 0% interest for 3 years? You'd say I was crazy. But that is precisely what businesses do.

Add to that the company will not only have to pay for those items, but then must store those items until they are sold. Add to the cost of having to make multiple visits to the manufacturing site and the costs rise dramatically. The MSR is only a minor part of the cost of selling an item.

Sorry for going on about the financial mechanics, but forecasting is critical and the afformentioned reasons are just as sampling of why. There are about a dozen or so other reasons you need to properly size a limited market.

PS. Novelty items don't have to meet the exacting standards of a "medical item". If they made pacifiers and wanted to make them repurposeable for MED USE like the NUK, they'd have to meet a higher standard and the materials would cost substantially more, as would additional testing that would be mandated by goverment entities.

Hope this helps... I teach Marketing for a living at the University.

-Brutal

I find it strange/funny that adult novelty manufacturers want to make everything vibrate. Would the center cone on the stacking rings double as a dildo/butt plug?

It's be great to scale up baby toys - but PLEASE don't make them vibrate, or make ones that don't, also. Sex stuff mixed with baby stuff...Just no...Not for me.

maybe then two different scaled up models one for adult babies who want some vibrating ones that have different textures on them to spice up their 'play time' and one for those babies who dont mix sex with baby time..... i like the idea of the center cone doubling as a dildo too...

also although there is 'somewhere' out there on the internet... i can never find it.. but a pacifier shaped butt plug.. not just one that looks like a ring pop, i've found those.. but a truely pacifier shaped butt plug.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

maybe then two different scaled up models one for adult babies who want some vibrating ones that have different textures on them to spice up their 'play time' and one for those babies who dont mix sex with baby time..... i like the idea of the center cone doubling as a dildo too...

also although there is 'somewhere' out there on the internet... i can never find it.. but a pacifier shaped butt plug.. not just one that looks like a ring pop, i've found those.. but a truely pacifier shaped butt plug.

LOL...I was being totally sarcastic about the dildo/butt-plug thing, but I'm glad you like my idea.

As for the pacifier, the only thing I have ever seen was a large pacifier with a dildo for the sucking part. I am intrigued now and want to find this pacifier butt-plug you speak of. Something tells me that one would want to boil it before using it for anything else...unless your into that.

LOL...I was being totally sarcastic about the dildo/butt-plug thing, but I'm glad you like my idea.

As for the pacifier, the only thing I have ever seen was a large pacifier with a dildo for the sucking part. I am intrigued now and want to find this pacifier butt-plug you speak of. Something tells me that one would want to boil it before using it for anything else...unless your into that.

i saw it once on a website but it wasnt for sale was a picture of it.. since then never been able to find it for sale...

From what I see, a company would probably not profit if they develope something other than diapers and possibly clothing for a small niche of people.

Here are my reasons:

Diapers are what I feel are the glue that hold everything together and is what pretty much any ab, dl or both will have in there posession at any given time. As far as any other baby related item, if you walk into 100 abdl homes, you will likely not find two people who have the same abdl product as another. Even down to the clothing or cloth diapers. The only reason the clothing and cloth diaper market I think also succeed is because the cloth diapers are used in a larger market than just abdl's. I'm sure there are plenty of non abdl people that order from say Babykins and get printed cloth diapers for fun. Also, there are plenty of people who make these clothing items and cloth diapers right out of there homes and are all custom one offs but they are able to support themselves due to the low overhead. They also often just use existing clothing items and just add to them to make them into ab clothing. Not only that, they usually don't keep an inventory and are often in the market of producing baby items and are just upscaling the baby items using the same materials. Everythings already there for them to use. I guess I could also include ab furniture here as it works from a seller/buyer standpoint but then again, it's furniture which is pretty much always hand made and likely not the sole source of income from the builder. What do they care if they are building a dresser or an adult size crib. It's wood work to them. You don't see upscale versions of real baby high chair with a plastic custom fit tray, cushions, and metal legs being made due to all the cost. Wood and cloth are easy to manipulate.

As far as the NUK and the toys go, I really don't think there's enough of a market that would BUY. I say BUY because there are a thousand people here who will tell you what they want and what they think would be cool and all but when it comes down to actually forking over the money, few will do so. From what I've seen on this site, there are quite a few people here who hardly have an extra dollar for diapers let alone toys and accessories. They will likely not give up there diapers for a month just to buy an adult sized baby toy that's likely 3+ times the price of the baby version in every store.

The majority of items mentioned are plastic and or have electronics. These are all expensive to produce and not to mention insure they are safe from a legal standpoint. You may be able to get by with more as it's a "novelty" item but with the price that will probably be charged for some of the items that are requested, I think people would expect something quality.

Basically no matter how many ideas everyone here comes up with, unless you can use say an existing item and modify it to keep down the cost, I find it would be hard for most of these items to be for sale anytime soon. Maybe though if you make everything out of cloth, wood or metal??? Electronics and plastics are just too expensive and too tough.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

I like the footed sleeper idea, but I would like smooth plastic on the feet like the ones I had when I was a toddler. It was so much fun to be able to slide across the floor in my sleeper. I haven't seen that feature on any of the adult footed sleepers available now. It would also be cool to have mitten hands on the sleeper, so you are sealed into the sleeper.

Guest LOSTinDiapers

foreverakid.com has sleepers that can have mittened hands sown in and you can have her make it with smooth feet

I had forgotten about Forever A Kid. Thanks for reminding me. :thumbsup:

Guest NaughtyAshes

Maybe though if you make everything out of cloth, wood or metal??? Electronics and plastics are just too expensive and too tough.

I think this sentence clearly shows that you lack the understanding of the sex toy industry to be providing anecdotal economic analysis. Sex toys made from materials such as wood, metal, and glass are the most expensive and costly to manufacture. Plastic is cheap.

Maybe not so entertaining, but a "snapi" in an adult size would really help adults who use cloth diapers deal with the lack of diaper pins available these days. It would be small for shipment and inexpensive to produce each. Licensing would be an issue, however.

Thanks for asking!

Honu

Maybe though if you make everything out of cloth, wood or metal??? Electronics and plastics are just too expensive and too tough.

I think this sentence clearly shows that you lack the understanding of the sex toy industry to be providing anecdotal economic analysis. Sex toys made from materials such as wood, metal, and glass are the most expensive and costly to manufacture. Plastic is cheap.

Helloooo, I completely understand it but apparently what you don't understand and if you read my whole post and applied this sentance you would relize why I said this. I'll say it again. If you are only making a few items since they will not be selling hundreds of each item if they were to produce them, it would likely be cheaper to make them out of cloth, wood or metal, escentially hand made. All adult baby furniture is hand made usually out of wood like a high chair for example. There is no company that would think of making an adult size replica of the high chair with all the plastic molds that would need to be developed, along with everything else. The high chair would likely cost thousands since very few would be sold and the cost of producing all the part would be high. The R&D cost a lot and the moldings so to overcome that you need to be able to recoupe the money by selling a lot of them to lower the price otherwise you should use a cheaper method such as wood if you're not going to make a lot of them. With plastic injection, the first one of the line is the most expensive but they spread the cost out over the number they think they can sell so the next one and next one and so on cost less to mfg as you spread the cost from the initial production.

The sex toy industry when they make something, they literally sell thousands of that item and if they can't, they either don't make it or charge a lot more for it to cover the cost. Supply and demand, middle school stuff here, as demand goes up, price goes down. There are thousands of sex toy shops and online websites for you to buy sex toys, more demand but when's the last time you passed buy and ab/dl store? That is why sex toy mfgs can make things out of plastics and electronics and they'll be cheaper because they are able to sell so many.

Plastic is cheap but R&D, building molds and having the machines to inject the plastic are not so it's not really about the cost of the plastic. More about what went into making the plastic the desired shape.

Next time leave the sentance in the context it was written, then maybe you'll understand what I'm saying.

P.S. - It's be great to scale up baby toys - but PLEASE don't make them vibrate, or make ones that don't, also. Sex stuff mixed with baby stuff...Just no...Not for me.

I have to totally agree with you, moogle -- sex and baby stuff aren't in the same box for me. For some people maybe, and that's fine with me if they're having a good time, but not for me.

I think an added effect to the footed sleep idea, would be to have the sleeper when worn, make the wearer look like a fox, wolf, Ect... not only would it be cute, but it's an added bonus for furries!

Oooh! Not just furries either -- sleepers like that would be adorable!

A pacci ala Nuk 5 would be great. Lots of demand, only one other competitor and they're overseas (to those of us in the USA). Baby bottle & nipple another good idea.

Plastic pants. A lot of mfgs and a lot of prices. Too much competition.

There are also already mfgs doing scaled up clothes.

As a new entry into this market I would pick one product. I suggest the pacifier. You could do it only manufacturing the latex nipple and sub contracting the guard and ring from an existing mfg of baby pacifiers And pay attention to quality.

Anondl

A pacci ala Nuk 5 would be great. Lots of demand, only one other competitor and they're overseas (to those of us in the USA). Baby bottle & nipple another good idea.

Plastic pants. A lot of mfgs and a lot of prices. Too much competition.

There are also already mfgs doing scaled up clothes.

As a new entry into this market I would pick one product. I suggest the pacifier. You could do it only manufacturing the latex nipple and sub contracting the guard and ring from an existing mfg of baby pacifiers And pay attention to quality.

Anondl

there is a us company pacifiersrus.com that takes the 'nuk 5' nipple and adds 'baby' themed gaurds, so if you do do this, watch out for copyright issues with them.....

I didn't read the whole thread, but don't forget that pacifiers are HUGE in the rave scene too. I for one would say the guards need to be bigger. It would be really cool if you could figure a way out to have interchangable guards or something. Definitely, light up pacifiers or flavored pacifiers. That for sure is one that will sell big time. A lot of the other baby toys, I am not so sure about. I think the rings would have a chance, but by adult novelty, I assume sex toys - in laymens terms. So, asking for clothing I doubt you all manufacturer. Correct me if I am wrong, but what all could you all make?

The thing I would say on the NUK 5 nipple, is I hate the old school rubber. I want the new clear plastic like the actual baby pacifiers. If that could be made adult size, that would be AWESOME!

how about some stiff clothing or something that makes you crawl, but not like all the chains an metal?

Its already been done on ebay - a la spreaders - and they don't sell very well. They were just a thick foam pad that kept you from closing your legs. Ultimately, I just don't think there is a natural, comfortable way to replicate that for an adult.