LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Attends Brand

Guest baby

It will be interesting is Paper Pak will reply or just ignore you. I think to force a change we all will have to fire off similar emails. Also does anyone know if Paper Pak is a publicly traded corporation.

I do have to say that I think Attends are okay if you can get them for a decent price. I got two cases for $80 so I've been using them to try and conserve my Bambinos. I'll have to try Depend again and see if they are better.

I do have to say that I think Attends are okay if you can get them for a decent price. I got two cases for $80 so I've been using them to try and conserve my Bambinos. I'll have to try Depend again and see if they are better.

When was the last time you got some, Darkfinn? The case I had last month was ok, but the case I got on Thurs (both ordered via Walgreens.com) was the new, re-engineered version. It may be that you just haven't seen the new version yet.

As to what they will do, based on previous experience they will offer a coupon for me to buy more Attends. (yes, I know, idiotic, but that's the version of "customer service" they tend to follow) They will also state that they haven't changed their "briefs" at all. They usually go with the dual pronged attack of denial and coupons.

• 2 weeks later...

When was the last time you got some, Darkfinn? The case I had last month was ok, but the case I got on Thurs (both ordered via Walgreens.com) was the new, re-engineered version. It may be that you just haven't seen the new version yet.

As to what they will do, based on previous experience they will offer a coupon for me to buy more Attends. (yes, I know, idiotic, but that's the version of "customer service" they tend to follow) They will also state that they haven't changed their "briefs" at all. They usually go with the dual pronged attack of denial and coupons.

What is different about these "new" Attends vs the older ones?

Hum, really sad about the attends with waistband I just received, I think they are an older version to as they were from the guy who had a bunch of cases and was trying to get rid of them, so we just paid shipping.

Really the biggest dissappointment is how as soon as they get wet the fluff falls all to the bottom, usually leaving some at the top were the wetness had not reached. I knew that being large they would probably leak as every diaper that was to big always has leaked. I figured they would still be good with doubling up with a medium under it. And the clumpling problems does seem a bit less this way, and with being doubled up they seem not to leak as the bottom one makes it tight enough so it doesn't leak.

The waistband and three tapes do really help get a better fit though. Along with the shape being different, seems to be a better shape for me. If it were not for the clumping I probably would try a medium that would fit properly, but with the clumping it makes the diaper pretty useless and not be able to use its full capacity.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I wanted to write to tell you how disappointed I am with the current

incarnation of your Attends with Waistband product. I've been purchasing and

wearing this product for over 10 years now and have seen many changes in style

and performance of the product from the days when it was manufactured by Proctor

& Gamble.

Over the years I've seen the amount of fluff and gel reduced, the overall

thickness of the diaper reduced, the width of the absorbent mat reduced, the

size and stickiness of the tapes reduced, and the amount of clumping and padding

shift in the diaper actually increased dramatically.

However, I've still thought that the waistband feature of the product, price

point, and the overall fit were the best selling points of the diaper and have

stuck with it for those reasons. The latest case of Attends with Waistband that

I received, however, appeared to have been re-engineered (ie downgraded) yet

again. The plastic covering is thinner, the amount of absorbent material is

reduced, and now the fit and proportions seem to be different. In testing the

diaper, it doesn't seem to hold liquid locked away from the skin, and gel

crystals work their way back out through the liner to adhere to the skin. The

padding/fluff in the diaper all shifted away from the front of the diaper down

to the crotch. I'm not talking about a slight shift - there was NO fluff left

up front.

I understand that your Extended Wear diaper now has the capacity nearing the

original Attends with Waistband, but it lacks a waistband and a plastic

covering, as well as being dramatically more expensive. If your intention was

to downgrade all your product lines to make the Extended Wear line appear more

palatable, you have not succeeded.

After purchasing the Attends line for over 10 years I have to say that I

won't be sending any more money your way. You've reduced your product to the

quality of store-brand generic diapers, and therefore rendered it obsolete in

the face of more appropriate solutions such as the Abena X-plus or the Molicare

Super Plus.

It's a shame that a product that started out performing so well has been

systematically destroyed.

- "JBonn"

Former Attends Customer

Hey JBonn did you ever here a reply from Paperpak about you letter. If you did what did they have to say.

• 1 month later...

I just bought some attends 10 XL at a medical supply store in saginaw, mi... and there brown. When were these brown? its in there newer package. No waist band and 4 tapes.

XL Attends have always been brown (at least, for as long as I've known them). Large is a blue color (if I recall correctly). Medium (plastic-backed, at least) is white.

Edit: I only know this because at one point I was hopelessly in love with attends, and bought large and XL to layer. It was fun... albeit expensive.

I have never even heard of a brown diaper - learn something new everyday :)

I think he means a creamy, beige color, like the one at the bottom right of this stack:

wpikV.jpg

Those colors, from left to right, represent: Youth, Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large. That's just for FQP brands, but a few other institutional brands follow the same color scheme. It aids CNAs in picking the right size in nursing homes, etc.

I've never seen a truly brown diaper, either.

• 1 month later...

I love attends and have been wearing them for years now. The main reason I buy them is because they have 3 tapes for the Large size that I buy. 2 tape diapers just dont stay on as well. I would buy bambinos if they had 3 tapes per side. Attends are soft, and not that thick but I use a depend boost which works great.

• 1 month later...

I tried the waistbands for the first time a few months ago, and instantly became hooked on them. I had frequently worn depends maximum, just cause theyre a bit more practical than the larger thicker types (dont get me wrong, those are good too), but after trying these, theyre much better for everyday use.

For some reason, they fit me exactly perfect. All the other diapers I've tried tend to be just a tiny bit loose in one spot, like if I'm sitting down, or as I walk or something. But attends waistband fits exactly right. Everyone always complains about they have no leak guards, but I have less leaks with these than anything else.

I also like how they wear a lot looser than other diapers. Other diapers are meant to be worn snug, while these fit loose, and have a lot of extra material (large area, not absorbency gel) between the legs. Makes them feel a lot more like a real diaper (like the old type worn as a kid) and make them really comfortable too.

Anyway, thats my thoughts on them.

(I'm not paid by attends, I swear :-) )

I am tempted to call Paper Pak to inquire the possibility of them making an extened wear diaper in the waistband design.

Several years ago the former PaperPak Corporation changed its name to Attends Healthcare Products. Their physical address is:

1029 Old Creek Road; Greenville, NC 27834

Their toll free phone number is: 800 428-8363

Better yet, send them e-mail: http://www.attendshealthcareproducts.com or http://www.attends.com

Since 1981 my personal experience is that the people at Attends (first as part of P&G) are charming and polite when receiving input from customers.

Currently Attends Briefs Waistband Style are part of their small Retail/Home Health Care) line. From designated on-line dealers most of their products designed for institutional and professional care giver use can be ordered.

• 1 month later...

I just received an order of attends waistband from drugstore.com this week, and it appears that attends have changed again. Instead of the tapes saying attends in blue lettering, there are now greyish blue line patterns on the tapes. The diapers and the stickyness of the tapes seem to be the same. Anyone else notice this?

• 3 weeks later...

I really miss the Attends from about 3-4 years ago. The ones with the white tapes that said attends, the full waistband and the 3 yellow stripes down the middle.

The new ones are fairly good these days, but I just miss the older ones.

I had recently found a package of these in west toronto. I like them too and much better than the new ones.

I too can't agree more. The attends from years ago were the best on the market for the price you had to pay. Unfortunately paper pak also lost me with their constant cut backs. I understand that cost goes up some every year but instead they decided to keep the cost the same and make a cheaper diaper every new year. Shame on them! :angry2: I tried the extended wear but because they lack the waist band, have fewer tapes, have a different shape, etc. etc. they simply don't fit as good and as such don't work as good. :crybaby: The only good thing that came of their cut backs was that I found Abena x-pluses really are a better diaper any way. Sure they cost more than any Attends but most of the time you get what you pay for. :P

• 2 weeks later...

i went out the other day and was able to find attends in two different medical shopps. both are basically strictly pharmacy so they are around out there you just have to look. sadly they only had 2 sizes though. small, and large... none of my mediums so i am stuck in large attends until my secure shipment shows up

• 2 weeks later...

The Attends are good for going out in public because they're thin enough to not stir up attention and gawking. They can handle a good soaking too, but from personal experiences, don't wet an Attends while sitting down. They leak.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm curious about the branding differences, for a while a local supplier used to carry the european version of the attends slip 10, and they were awesome. Now they've got the 'extended care' garbage.

Anyone know of any suppliers in canada that still have the slip 10 or the special care10? I'd be interested if they did.

I'm curious about the branding differences, for a while a local supplier used to carry the european version of the attends slip 10, and they were awesome. Now they've got the 'extended care' garbage.

Anyone know of any suppliers in canada that still have the slip 10 or the special care10? I'd be interested if they did.

Oh, they got rid of the Slip and Special Care in Canada? Damn. That's disappointing. I couldn't even find suppliers that carried them in the states.

• 1 month later...