LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Stress Incontinence

I have quite severe incontinence so like you I suffer all the stress incontinence problems :unsure: Even small things like coughing, sneezing or bending down can cause me to wet. Im so grateful for nappies, I can hardly be without them

Even though I have heavy incontinence, the doctor just gives me stupid pads or really thin paper-like pull ups :o I tried to use both (coz they're free) but they leak every single time I wet which upsets me alot and means I have to change like 15 times a day :(

Everytime I go back they just say "see how it goes" :angry: I keep asking for proper nappies coz I totally need them (and like them, but I cant tell the doctor that) but they always say that I can make do with what they give me. They know I buy my own so they're just being mean :(

I keep meaning to tell them that I sometimes go #2 to see if they'll give me nappies then :unsure: But Im a little uncomfortable talking to my doctor.

docs are like that, they go for the cheap solution which is those crappy pads....would prolly have to shout to them give me diapers damn it lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I gave up with the GP's at my surgery. Just the same as with you guys. When I was in hospital I was given proper tena maxi nappies, at night these are a Godsend. Now, mostly thanks to my receiving DLA (Disability Living Allowance) I can afford to buy them myself direct from tena. They are not AB/DL aware but they don't ask questions from you either, other than what you want to buy and your card details.

My last order was around £40 for a case of 52 tena maxi slips. Or was it 52.. I can't remember, they had a price change one time, ah yeah, there was 3x21 in the case that time, I think... Sorry my memory really sucks as well... part of symptoms from also having fibromyalgia. But anyway... I have seen people in ebay selling just the plus or super for something like £10 for 5 plus p+p... Tena delivery free and I usually get them next day all the way up here in N.E. Scotland

Site address I can post, I don't know if there are any policies here against doing so so I will leave that for now, but I will post if it is alright to do so! ;)

Huggies,

babyfj

Sorry to be cynical but if the diaper companies sent a sales rep. out and took the doctor out for dinner, the patient would get diapers. Unfortunatelyy in the US, there is a belief that a pill can fix everything. I'll use a diaper before I take a pill.

i was in the hospital for several weeks because of open heart surgery. i even put in my living will that i didnt want cathetors but thats all they would use. they would not put a diaper on me for any reason even though i have stress incontenence....it was good to get home where i didnt have to have wet sheets or a wet hospital gown.

• 3 months later...

i went to the doc. today, she had me come in for some blood work, and a little check up.Now mind you I have two doctors,,, my primary care, and a neurologist. the neuro. is treating me for brain damage, wich is causing my incon., and the other is a a reg doc. that works very close the other. there a digger team :D

wWhen I got to the doctores office, I was informed that I was to be seen by a nurse practishoner (not sure how to spell it) beacause the doctor was at the hospital with an emergency. she had me disrobe for an examination, and she told me to take my diaper off too. She gave me a half assed exam. I told her that I should put it back on so i wouldnt have an accident on the table, and then asked me about my incon. in the mean time i peed all over the exam table, i was completley embaressed.

she then gave me a pack of pills and told me to take them 3 times a day, for 30 days and return.

Low and behold, two hours later my doc. called me , and asked me if i took the first pill. i told her no. she said to me that if i take them i could become completely incont.

They are those stupid pills that some jerk invented to stop urge incont.

more later

digger

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I have never been in hospital for any reason. However I have been experiencing urge incontinence from time to time. I have to wonder if it is related to my constant diaper wearing. I mean, it seems like I am more able to hold it if I am not wearing. If I have a diaper on and have to pee..I have to pee RIGHT NOW. Lately, I have had the same results when not in diapers. I have to run like mad to make the toilet.

I don't have stress incotinence, but I am incontinet do to a nurogenic bladder wich cause me not to have any control or worning about where or when I have to pee. I just find that I have wet my diapers with out knowing it is happening until it is to late to stop it. Because of the damage done to my low spin I can not stop my pee once it has start. Because of IBS I also do not have much control over my bowles either. I mess in my diapers before I can get to a bathroom. Because of all this I wear my diapers 24/7. My mother and family started calling me baby potty pants .

Baby potty pants

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have not ever had an extended (overnight) hospital stay. In the event I do have to do that, is there anythign special ihave to do to get diapered instead of a catheter? I definitely do NOT want a catheter, and I would be very happy to be diapered for the duration of the stay.

I do have some on and off bedwetting issues, so I would not be stretching things to state that I need them, but largely I would just want to be diapered. I assume they would ask me if I had wetting issue son the chekc in form so i would tell them then, but where would I indicate my preference between catheterization and diapering? Is that just something I would need to ask the nurse directly?

• 4 weeks later...

Dont get me going here guys, you will have me on the phone to the N.H.S saying i have cheast pains again so they come to my house and collect me once again and on arrival i would say i have no bladder control.

Hope that would work

Diapered in the hospital? Well I have spent a lot of time in the hospital over the years and i stay diapered 24/7. I did have one doc cath me and told him that was a bad ideal due to my damaged bladder. He didn't listen and i got an additional three day in hospital very ill.

As far as being changed in the hospital, it has happened on a few occasions. Once by request and the rest was in the night when they came to check on me discovering I was soaked. I know it sounds exciting but the truth is unnerves me cause you can' find anyone that can do a good job. As for getting diapers threw the hospital here in the USA its a BYOD, bring your on diapers if you want a good one. They use these cheap crappy diapers bound to leak after the first wetting. Ugh…………..

You know I have been threw all the pills, catheters and surgeries you name it and I have always went back to diapers. I can remember a time when I sat in my uro's office as he blasted me over wearing diapers instead of his treatment plan. But now days if pill doesn't fix it you may find they are more excepting for you to use diapers. Foley catheter, external catheters has come under some serious fire. Foleys are believed to cause bladder cancer, external caths cause skin break down and your left with the one the only diaper. Now days nothing is said about my diapers. Other than a nurse asked me once what brand I used. She had never seen a Molicare. They now recommend them to patients.

I have also noticed that lately you can claim your a wetter and if you can bare the tests there is no real way for them to disprove your a wetter. A friend from anther chat room was telling me he did it. He showed up in diaper claiming he suddenly became a wetter. They ran all the tests found nothing but told him to seek counseling. Right after that the doc wrote him a scrip for diapers so his insurance would buy them. How much of that is true? I’m not sure but he now has his diapers paid for threw his insurance and is declared legally incontinent.

Just my two cents:

C-ya

Rocky :boxing:

Oh Claire who made that diaper your wearing? I would love to have one. Is that one diaper or layers of a couple diaps?