LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

If You Could Go Back To Not Needing Would You

AHEM (clearing my throat and grabbing my moderators bullhorn)

Please remain on topic. This is a special part of this website and I will not allow this thread to get back into the mess it once was. We need a lot of understanding and respect in this particular forum and if it's not offered voluntarily it can and will be enforced- something I don't like having to do but I will do that if I have to, OK? Subjects (including wanting incontinence) that are not directly related to incontinence need to be posted elsewhere.

Please make things easy for me and the others who are trying to give everyone a good experience from being on this site ;) Setting my bullhorn down now...

Bettypooh

• 5 weeks later...

I would love to have normal bladder and bowel control, but sort of as a coping mechanism of sorts (since I will never have normal control again) I really don't mind diapers. I go to the bathroom so much that it is kinda nice not to be a slave to the bathroom. A lot of the reason I wear is because before I did, the chance of having accidents was so anxiety provoking for me that I was not able to lead a normal life. Now, if I suddenly have to go, it is very nice to be able to go without having to rush to the toilet. I have only a minute or so before I go, whether I am near a bathroom or not, so not having to hold it means I am much more comfortable. I hate the occasional leaks we all get, but it is still better than completely soaking my pants...because I would if I wasn't wearing a diaper. I don't think I would give diapers up, no. I just would like to be able to take it off without fear of pee running down my leg or soiling myself. If this makes sense, being back in diapers gives me a sense of security.

Wetgal82 i completely understand where you come from.Of course i would like to have normal bladder control once again, and not have to worry about pee running down my leg. Having to wear diapers for long period of times sucks. But of course diapers have come in handy for me at times and I don't think i would give them up completely for security reasons and connivence at times.

I am a bit mixed on whether or not I would go back to not needing, had I the choice.

i have the same quandary

have some one that loved me like i never got as a child

for me its more the fact that i cannot remember my child hood, so because of this i dont remember being loved when i was a child :smiley-baby-boy:

Simple answer to your question is 'no'! Wearing a nappy to bed is part of my 'normal' life or what I consider to be 'normal'. It is as 'normal' as cleaning my teeth last thing at night. I don't even think about doing it. I do not know any different. Yet there are times when I wish ...

• 5 months later...

I would love to have normal bladder and bowel control, but sort of as a coping mechanism of sorts (since I will never have normal control again) I really don't mind diapers. I go to the bathroom so much that it is kinda nice not to be a slave to the bathroom. A lot of the reason I wear is because before I did, the chance of having accidents was so anxiety provoking for me that I was not able to lead a normal life. Now, if I suddenly have to go, it is very nice to be able to go without having to rush to the toilet. I have only a minute or so before I go, whether I am near a bathroom or not, so not having to hold it means I am much more comfortable. I hate the occasional leaks we all get, but it is still better than completely soaking my pants...because I would if I wasn't wearing a diaper. I don't think I would give diapers up, no. I just would like to be able to take it off without fear of pee running down my leg or soiling myself. If this makes sense, being back in diapers gives me a sense of security.

Wetgal, I admire your thoughts on this. Even after 5 years, I am not yet that accepting of my condition that I would choose to stay in nappies if I didn't have to. Maybe with time, this level of acceptance will come.

In a heartbeat, I would choose to have control over my bodily functions again and be "normal".

• 1 month later...

I've never known what it's like to go to bed without a nappy. It is as much a part of me as say cleaning my teeth or removing make-up before retiring. It's automatic. I consider I am fortunate in I only require (generally) protection whilst sleeping. It doesn not stop me enjoying life to the full.

• 1 month later...

Ive been incontinent, pretty much my whole life. I dont engoy wetting, when its not on purpose. I also like dry diapers better. I dont like when somthing happens to where im gona be gone, longer than i expected. I would love to have full controol over my bladder, but I would still wear diapers. I did stop wearing last year, for abotu 8 months or so. I was having accidents, quite a bit, but I dont really leave my house, so it wasnt as bad as it could have been. Now Im doing phisycal theropy, for my pelvic floor muscles, because I cant realy relax or tighten them. Its from a thing called, neurogenic bladder. Its from being incontinent so long, that my brains, dont work my bladder muscles right. I cant pee on my own, so I have to catheters. That part sux the worst. I do pee in my diapers when im relaxed though. I think that, that has alot to do with my bladder being the way it is now, but idk, and im not going to ask.lol I just wanted to put in my two cents.

• 1 month later...

This may sound stupid from an incontinent person but no i would not want my bladder control back here is the reason:

With the Diseases i have my muscles are destroyed by not using them , but they are destroyed 3 X's faster by using them so if i was fully continent again from the time that i became incontinent i would at this point probably have lost my ability to stand and pivot to transfer to the toilet or to bed or to a vehicle etc so then instead of being incontinent with limited mobility i would be "functionally incontinent" and have NO MOBILITY , Functional incontinence occurs when you are physically incapable of answering natures call due to physical disease or defect (such as not being able to transfer from your wheelchair to the toilet and disrobing before you pee your pants).

Nappy

• 11 years later...