LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Different Kinds Of Adult Baby

Baby Bethany

Baby Bethany,

Nice set of categories. I think perhaps a lot of people here fall into one of those. That others of us don't, only makes your point all the stronger - we aren't all one-dimensional.

I think I kind of float somewhere in between 1,2,3,4, and 13...I think that's 'all'...part of the spread between categories is because I don't get a chance to fully express myself so I don't have a chance to try different roles as much as I'd like to. That's ok too. It is what it is and I am who I am.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say I'm on the line between 3 and 6, though I tend to go more gender-neutral than girlie or boyish. Denim or khaki overalls or shorts, especially with Disney or other cartoon decorations, that sort of thing. I can keep my big-kid clothes dry for a while, but I'll always have an accident eventually, and end up in at least a pull-up, maybe a diaper if I keep it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Your image of the babygirl/traditional is distorted by 60 years of time compression in which certain things were ommitted and other things emphasized. I am a traditional 1951 five year old girl from a specific time and place. While the dress was omnipresent. it was rarely frilly or petticoated. These were for very special occasions; imagine trying to chage a baby girl with petticoats and by "baby" I mean younger than 4 (infant and toddler), and tights were rare for the same reason. even rhumba or fancy panties were not a part of things before about 1955. They were considered wasteful to the Depression Era people born before 1935 and the post-war prosperity did not start until about 1948 or 9. mot to mention that we still lived in the shadow of rationing in '46 and 7. Net result; people were pretty frugal. Under the dress was just a cloth diaper and plastic or rubber panties. Tights were from the late 1950's and beyond

When I am in baby mode I tend to flow back and forth between a 3 and a 1, I usually prefer being a three though (I really like my hair in piggy tails). I am often a 9 when I am at home alone or at home with my spouse. I think I tend to do the diaper and t-shirt thing sometimes because I am not sure if I am more of a baby boy or baby girl that day.

I'm harder to define. I fit the category of modern toddler girl pretty well, albeit one who still needs diapers due to disability. However, I do also like pacifiers, which would put me firmly in the modern baby girl category. I suppose what I am depends largely on mood.

• 7 months later...

Overall, I would say 4 paragraphs before you even get into the meat of it and 13 classifications all mean TMFT: Too Much Free Time

Most of this is adult constructs overlaid on baby. A baby has no idea of being a boy baby or girl baby. Gender verialbes do not operate until the 3-5 y/o age range. and all the other things? a baby would be totally unaware of the lot of them. So if you say "I am this kind of baby" or "that kind of baby", it is totally made up in your adult mind and part of you HAS TO be aware of that

This is what I mean when I say there is often a good deal of phoniness and "agenda" driving much of AB because you are trying to direct or drive your AB world from the inside and babies are not even cranially, let alone experientially, developed enough for that. So there has to be an adult component in there pulling the strings. Not exactly what I would call "authentic"

As for AK that is a different story. a 5 y/o is very aware of gender since 3/4 of the gender variables are fully or partially active. I am the kind of AK that is in keeping with what was operational when I was that age and what I esperienced. Anything else would be out of place and would not even resonate with me

While it may be interesting from a psychological case-study and a "gee, what people have no idea of " point of view, it means nothing as to what I am. I am what experince dictates and therefore what resonates with me and could not be anything else without being aware that I would be "trying"