LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hospital In Diapers

mountainboy

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital in diapers? If so who changed your diapers and did you wear the hospitals diapers? If so what kind and did they work retaining your voids? The reason I'm asking is that I need knee surgery and am concerned with the diaper thing.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital in diapers? If so who changed your diapers and did you wear the hospitals diapers? If so what kind and did they work retaining your voids? The reason I'm asking is that I need knee surgery and am concerned with the diaper thing.

I had surgery last year and just wore a pair of Depend adjustable underwear. I had checked "incontinence" on the entrance form, and no one asked any questions. I just wore them through surgery and fortunately, stayed dry. It probably would still have been embarrassing if I'd wet though.

• 9 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Nearly every time I have had to go in to hospital (more than 50 times at least) I have been in diapers, I am usually changed by one of the nurses, it is absolutely the best having my bum whipped by a pretty young nurse after I make a big dookie

• 6 months later...
  • 4 years later...
On 9/3/2005 at 6:47 PM, mountainboy said:

Have you ever been admitted to the hospital in diapers? If so who changed your diapers and did you wear the hospitals diapers? If so what kind and did they work retaining your voids? .

A few years ago I had a pons stroke and went to the hospital via the ambulance with only wearing a dry diaper early in the morning. The people on the ambulance did not say anything. In the ER they never asked anything about my diapers. I had a more concerning issue at the moment. That evening they moved me in to a room and the nurse asked my about my diaper. I told her I have been incontinent all my life. They took my diaper off cleaned me up and put on a hospital diaper. Later on the put a catheter in because I could not pee. My wife brought betterdry diapers to the hospital from home. After about 2 days they pulled the catheter out and put on one of my diapers. The nurse commented that these are the best diapers she has ever seen and wish the hospital could get some. I told her I like them because I can go 8 to 12 hours between changes. I was paralyzed on my right side and slowly gain movement back while at the hospital and rehab. The nurses changed me every time I need to be changed. Most of the nurses seem to like to change me. A few of the were excited to change me. One night nurse, early on in my stay, came and change me every 2 hours at night. She came the first time and I was not even wet and wanted to change me and told me I was wet and need a change. I got changed 6 times by her that night.  They all like the diapers I had.  I am a 247 wear for the past 20 years  or more. I only use them for number 1. There was a few times in the hospital that I did use them for number 2 and that was true incomitance. They put a feeding tube in and my system had to get use to it and poo was just happening. I do think I have some sort of #1 incontinence from my stroke but I still wear diapers all the time and don't care about it I enjoy it.

One more thing its on my medical records that I am urinary incontinence and I got all my medical records from the hospital and it show how many diaper changes and by what nurse. They also weight my diapers to see how much urine was in them when I was in the hospital but I went to rehab they just trashed them.  

I haven't been in hospital for anything more than a couple of hours for scans and such, in about 5 years, but, I have pledged to myself that, if the occasion arises, I will "stay the course", and wear a nappy. Probably not something frivolously decorated, mind you. I have an upcoming MRI that will require lounging around a couple of waiting rooms in a big downtown hospital, in a hospital gown, and I will wear a diaper, probably a Megamax, as they're a sober white. I test drove this approach last year, but in one of my slim "medical-grade" diapers, and it was fine - I had built the occasion up in my head, but, in actuality, it was a non-event. Nobody knew or cared what I had on, and it felt great to, first of all, be myself, and second, to also be able to also pee myself, if necessary. Other than in the shower, I'm really never without a diaper on, so holding it is a skill that I have little practice in these days. Not to say that I couldn't have gone 30 or 60 minutes, but, it might not have been comfortable, at best, and, at worst, one thing I know for sure is that, if flow ever commenced, I absolutely couldn't stop it, and I'd end up running to the bathroom with droplets trailing behind me. Cleaning up the floors after me is not the best use of public resources.  

I admire those of you have indicated that you wear diapers, or have selected "incontinence" on intake forms - I was presented with one last week for a chiropractic visit, and I was damned temped by that option on the list, but I decided that my continence was of no clinical significance to the practitioner, and, I didn't want to waste her time or mine going over it. If I ever find myself in hospital again, I will definitely wear diapers, although I don't intend to bother the staff with their maintenance, unless, of course, I am unable to deal with it myself, a situation that I hope is decades away. 

I've not been admitted for a good long time, but I've worn diapers to various procedures I've had MRIs, biopsy, colonoscopy, and every dental visit I've had in years.

I went into the hospital wearing pull-ups for heart bypass surgery.  Someone misread my medication list. Ended up on linzess and mira-lax added to my meds. Was in the hospital think seven days or so. Had a very bad diaper rash and my skin on my back side blistered and peeled. Nurses changed my diapers every hour or so and treated the rash. Went home in diapers. Seemed like a month to get control of my digestive system. Doctors and nurses are never surprised about pull-ups or diapers I wear.

• 4 months later...

I had a stroke a few years ago and went to the hospitals ER with a diaper on. In the ER they never said anything. Once they took me to my room they asked me why I am wearing a diaper. I just told them I have been bladder incontinent all my life and they took off my diaper and put on a hospital diaper witch were cheap pull ups. From my stroke I could not pee at all so they put in a catheter for a few days. My wife brought some betterdrys from home.  They pull the catheter out and put on a betterdry diaper. The nurses went crazy on how good the betterdys where. I told them that they a good for 8 to 12 hours. The nurses loved the diapers I brought from home and some could not wait to change me. I had one nurse change me about every few hours at night even when I was not wet. I even told her I was not wet and she insisted on changing me. At this point in time I was not able to change my self I was pearlized on one side but slowly coming out of this. 

I had to have unexpected emergency surgery recently. When I was admitted to the hospital via the ER I wasn't wearing a diaper. Within a day I had soaked through the pair of underwear I had on and I was provided with a few pairs of mesh briefs with feminine pad inserts. Of course these didn't last long either due to all the liquid I was getting in my IV. I asked if they could give me pull-up inco underwear but the next option was a hospital-grade diaper which I accepted. 

The hospital diaper was nothing special and did little to keep my bed dry at night but the plus was getting changed regularly by the nursing staff. It was the first time since childhood I had someone else change me. I felt a bit embarrassed having them take that task on but they were nice and insisted it was no big deal. I guess it was the one little bright spot during that whole miserable experience.

In may of 2020 i went to the ER with a bad infection of the perineum from a diabetes drug i was taking and had emergency surgery. i spent almost 4 months in the hospital in diapers to hold the wound dressing in place but not able to wet the diapers because of the wound. Unless they were taking me for a shower. Then i would pee my diaper  just for fun just to hand the nurse a soaked diaper. 

Then the wound care nurse would put on a new dressing and diaper to hold it in place.

i had to grab three of the hospital diapers when i got dressed to leave and punch holes in two and to use as boosters to get home.

next time i go in the hospital i am going to  bring a couple magamax for going home in.