LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Nuk10 Pacifier

BabyLex

I think at some level ABs (or least I) romanticize the ideal of enjoying all the trappings of being a specific "baby age". As such, all the traditional 'gear' (clothes, diapers, powders, oils, lotions, bath toys, cartoons, bottles, etc) are enticing, intriguing, and make the entire experience more fun. I found myself interested in pacifiers, although the nuk2 I found didn't really fit the bill. It never felt quite 'right' and often left a strange feeling on the roof of my mouth, was hard to keep in, and the disproportionate size made the pretense too obvious for me to suspend disbelief. So in order to pursue the untapped potential in pacifiers I got myself a Nuk5. I found I really enjoyed the larger nipple, but the smaller faceshield, again, just didn't quite feel right. I considered ordering one of the Nuk5's with designer faceshields from pacifiersrus.com (and may yet), but instead I checked out ab-charm.com and ordered a Nuk10. It's an impressive little item, with a supersized nipple, and gigantic "lil'kid red" faceshield. I used it for the first time last night/this morning and found it's definitely a mouthful. It's intriguing in that it really takes focus to get in as well as focus to remove, perhaps more akin to the feelings a baby would have when one inserts a nipple into their smaller sized mouths. I think from a proportional standpoint it's pretty much right on. After a few hours with a Nuk10, keeping a Nuk5 solidly and securely in one's mouth is almost entirely automatic.

I'm curious if anyone else has experimented with Nuk10s and if so, what's it been like.

Also what are people's general experiences with pacifiers? Do you sleep with them in? Use them during the day? Find they just sit in your mouth, or are you actively sucking on them?

--Lex

I use my cookie monster NUK 5 paci so much.

I get nervous when I don't have it on me to use if I need it, and FLIP OUT when I lose it... (FLIP OUT = temper tantrum + panic attack, basically.)

For me, my pacifier really is a NEED, I need it to calm down when I'm very upset, or just when I'm having a strong urge to suck/chew/bite (I have a very strong and very real oral fixation). My thumb doesn't do it well for me.

It's in a lot in the daytime, and usually in when I sleep. I don't know what happens when I sleep in regards to sucking or not, but I do know it doesn't normally fall out. During the day when I use it, I'm generally actively sucking on it.

~ moogle

I use my cookie monster NUK 5 paci so much.

I get nervous when I don't have it on me to use if I need it, and FLIP OUT when I lose it... (FLIP OUT = temper tantrum + panic attack, basically.)

For me, my pacifier really is a NEED, I need it to calm down when I'm very upset, or just when I'm having a strong urge to suck/chew/bite (I have a very strong and very real oral fixation). My thumb doesn't do it well for me.

It's in a lot in the daytime, and usually in when I sleep. I don't know what happens when I sleep in regards to sucking or not, but I do know it doesn't normally fall out. During the day when I use it, I'm generally actively sucking on it.

~ moogle

Moogle,

Thanks for the response. It's neat to hear how much you like your Nuk5. Is yours the standard size faceshield or is it one of the bigger ones like they sell at pacifiersrus.com?

Interesting that you have such a powerful need for your pacifier and that your thumb isn't a decent substitute. I can sympathize with that, as I'll often end up using my teeth as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's neat to hear from other paci users ;-)

--Lex

Oddest bit for me is that while I'm not yet dependent on my paci, I also absolutely panic when I misplace it, or wake up and can't find it immediately (sometimes it falls outta my lil' mouth in my sleep) thanks for the input on the nuk10. I was two inches from getting one of my own, but pacifiersrus was just too cute to pass up. ^_^

Moogle,

Thanks for the response. It's neat to hear how much you like your Nuk5. Is yours the standard size faceshield or is it one of the bigger ones like they sell at pacifiersrus.com?

Interesting that you have such a powerful need for your pacifier and that your thumb isn't a decent substitute. I can sympathize with that, as I'll often end up using my teeth as well.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's neat to hear from other paci users ;-)

--Lex

Ya, I got it from http://www.pacifiersrus.com ...but I don't understand your question fully...because from my understanding all Pacifiers R Us binkies are are regular small teat binkies that they dissasemble and reassemble, replacing the small teat with the bigger NUK 5 teat. The shield is the same.

My thumb never has been a decent substitute. I don't really know why. When it comes to thumb-sucking, usually I suck my index/pointer finger, not my thumb. That's another preference I can't really explain. It still is no substitute for my paci though.

And wouldn't the NUK 10 (even though I've heard it isn't really NUK) be...umm...really big? Probably too big for me, since the NUK 5 is enough and stays in my mouth just fine. If there was a NUK 6 or 7, I'd try it, but a NUK 10? Not for me, but whatever works for you! ^_^

~ moogle

Moogle,

You are correct, the Nuk10 isn't actually made by "Nuk". (which is kind of funny in some ways) Although it seems that our friends in Germany have become not only synonymous with pacifiers, but also with the sizing. Thus a Nuk5 confers that it is a pacifier (in theory made by Nuk) but also that it is of a specific size.

It is kind of odd how large the Nuk10 is, I can't say I'm completely sold on the idea of it as a be-all-end-all pacifier, but I'm trying to figure it out. It's interesting and one of the nice qualities about it, is that it makes the Nuk5 feel extremely easy to use and comfortable. I like that aspect of it, and we'll see how it develops from there.

I'm in the same boat as you, thumbsucking never did it for me either.

--Lex

Guest PacifierLover

I think at some level ABs (or least I) romanticize the ideal of enjoying all the trappings of being a specific "baby age". As such, all the traditional 'gear' (clothes, diapers, powders, oils, lotions, bath toys, cartoons, bottles, etc) are enticing, intriguing, and make the entire experience more fun. I found myself interested in pacifiers, although the nuk2 I found didn't really fit the bill. It never felt quite 'right' and often left a strange feeling on the roof of my mouth, was hard to keep in, and the disproportionate size made the pretense too obvious for me to suspend disbelief. So in order to pursue the untapped potential in pacifiers I got myself a Nuk5. I found I really enjoyed the larger nipple, but the smaller faceshield, again, just didn't quite feel right. I considered ordering one of the Nuk5's with designer faceshields from pacifiersrus.com (and may yet), but instead I checked out ab-charm.com and ordered a Nuk10. It's an impressive little item, with a supersized nipple, and gigantic "lil'kid red" faceshield. I used it for the first time last night/this morning and found it's definitely a mouthful. It's intriguing in that it really takes focus to get in as well as focus to remove, perhaps more akin to the feelings a baby would have when one inserts a nipple into their smaller sized mouths. I think from a proportional standpoint it's pretty much right on. After a few hours with a Nuk10, keeping a Nuk5 solidly and securely in one's mouth is almost entirely automatic.

I'm curious if anyone else has experimented with Nuk10s and if so, what's it been like.

Also what are people's general experiences with pacifiers? Do you sleep with them in? Use them during the day? Find they just sit in your mouth, or are you actively sucking on them?

--Lex

• 2 weeks later...

I like this type of question. It’s nice to share our experiences.

I love sucking my thumb (sometimes). I sleep with it at night and managed to keep it in my mouth all night. I wasn't able to do that when I first used it. I use it when I'm on the computer. (Like now). And I suck on it like a baby. It’s very relaxing and calms me down after a hard day at work.

I use a Nuk#5 and it fits well. But I don't like the shield. I have a mustache. I don't like to see myself when I have it in my mouth. And I will not shave it off. I feel like a baby but I don’t look like one.

Baby Jay NY

Guest Baby_brad

hehe I kinda miss my nuk now that my thumb is to disgusting to get near my mouth after a hard night of work (paint + dirt, even after washing them = eewwwwwwww). when the site you got your nuk10 ten from opens up again Lex, I'll probably buy one myself.

Thus a Nuk5 confers that it is a pacifier (in theory made by Nuk) but also that it is of a specific size.

Hallo Lex,

The NUK 5 is actually produced by the company MAPA in Zeven, Germany, which produces the baby pacifiers, too. The NUK 5 is called NUK Medic Saugtrainer (sucking trainer), which was developed for speech and pysical Therapy.

It is my favorite pacifier and I do not need anything thicker.

Babygirl Kvetinka

Hi All,

I love my Nuk Medic, its contour feels great in my mouth and gives me the feeling I look for when I use it while sleeping. I too get rushed out when I wake up and it isn't in my mouth. I actually feel that it makes me breath a little better as I nap. I recently been on a CPAP machine to help with my Sleep Apnea so now I use a cumbersome face mask to sleep in so I am resigned to use my pacifiers as I toddle around the house in the afternoon or drive a long distance. I love the babyish feeling I get from it.

I was a thumb sucker until my mid-teens also and now I ocassionally suck my thumb during fun time with my spouse, it kinda allows me to act out which she doesn't particularly care for without getting into trouble for it, hehehe "shush". I don't find it enjoying otherwise don't know why because as adolesent and teen I needed my thumb to sleep, hmmm?

FYI: PacifiersRUs was one of the most pleasent AB buying item experiences I ever had. The owners were very nice and provide personal service in fullfilling your order.

Huggie :biker_h4h:

post-5955-1216321561_thumb.jpg

post-5955-1216321561_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

The website in the first post for nuk10 seems to be down, does anybody know of another site that sells them? Searching Google for "nuk10" only returns this page.

Also, are the actual soother parts of the pacifier solid or hollow? I'd hate to get one and find it feels like a cheap plastic toy because it's hollow.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. I must say, having a pacifier in my mouth is a huge part of the AB experience for me too. It just makes me feel so juvenile... almost on a level with diapers actually... The only thing is, I rarely have one in.... There are a couple reasons for this and I was hoping i might find some advice here. First off, if I have one in for too long, I get pretty out of breath. Im not sure if this happens to anyone else. Its almost as if im been running or something. I have to take it out and take deep breaths. :huh: Before you ask, its not as if I breath through my mouth or something.... I don't. Thats why im kinda puzzled at this... The final reason, is that the biggest pacifier I found at a store near me is a Nuk 3(i think) orthodontic pacifier. There was no real reason i chose orthodontic other than it seemed to be the biggest of the ones all the stores around me had. The nipple on it is fine, but I found that the guard is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too small on the top. It feels almost as if the guard is going to slide -under- my upper lip at times. Does anyone else have this problem? To counter this i have to slightly roll my lip forward and kind of latch on to the pacifier just so it stays in. Anyways, Im turning to you guys for wisdom and advice. I so badly want a pacifier that feels like it was meant for a person my size... not just in nipple size but guard size as well. I want a pacifier just as badly as I wan't diapers sometimes :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

My baby and I bought a nuk 10 and we didn't care for it. It just didn't fit well in my baby’s mouth plus it had that filling in the nipple so it was firm. We just didn't care much for it. Here is a German link that has a ton of different adult pacifiers.

http://www.der-nucki-koenig.de/html/Adult.htm

To order them you have to email him at Marco.Bloedorn@t-online.de

Is that site reliable and secure?? What exactly is the procedure for ordering there?

Looks good. I'm currently using a toddler pacifier I got while in Australia and a couple of baby ones from US. I can't keep any of them in my mouth overnight. I spend more time with a pacifier in my mouth than in diapers these days.

I have a nuk 10 and I love it. I use it every night to go to sleep with. It is very comforting and yes I suck on it like a baby would. It does fall out when I sleep and if I wake up in the middle of the night I have to find it and put it back in my mouth before I can go back to sleep.

• 2 months later...
Baby heidilynn gave me a nuk10 for a Christmas pressy some years ago. I used it until the nipple finally disintegrated. I am hoping to one day be able to afford another one because it was so yummy filling my mouth like the baby ones do for little baby mouths. Baby Jennie gave me a nuk5 to replace my loss which I use all the time. Both babies have been so nice to me and are my best friends. The nuk5 dose stay in my mouth most nights and keeps me carm. When I am not able to use one at night my sleep becomes restless.
  • 9 months later...

Paci is very very very important to haves. In the last year or so I have become very dependent on it. It's usually near by or in my mouth. I use it lots during the day whenever the mood strikes. If I'm playing it's typically right next to me. During nini time I am either sucking on it or it's hooked around my finger. If I loose it then I wake up and almost panic in search for it, whether I want to suck on it or not. The other night I didn't really want it so much, but had to hold it all night long.

I have quite a few pacis too, but there is only one that I'm keen on. And I use a regular size Nuk3. It fits just perfectly for me.

I do tend to suck on my fingers. I prefer my ring and middle fingers to suck on. One morning I woke up with the strongest urge to suck on them and discovered I was already sucking on them.

The same goes for babas. Even long after they are finished I keep the nipple in my mouth for quite some time. :rolleyes:

Paci has just always been very comforting for me. Whenever the days are long and stressful, lots of crying, etc. Paci nearly instantly calms me down and soothes me.

Paxy :huh:

After, oh, I'd say a week and a half on this site, i decided to go out and buy a paci. So I went up to the walgreens and started looking at their selection. The only ones they had that were not pink or purple was a 4-pack of 6-12mos ones. They don't fit the best, but they will do for the next two months until I can get my Bugs Bunny Nuk5.

With my current paci though, I usually sleep with it in on every day except fridays and saturdays, just in case mom wakes up early and its still in.....would not be a good thing at the moment. Other than that, I sleep with it in, and it's gotten to the point that I now wake up when it falls out.

Like Moog, i do notice I sorta panic when I can't find my main one (it's green, my favorite color) and i immediately start thinking i left it somewhere in the open.....or worse!.....Not Good. Only two people know about me being AB right now...so I'm understandably paranoid about keeping my stash hidden.

It'a okay mischa. I automatically wake up early in order to hide it until the house is empty in the morning. Funny thing is I sometimes go to grab it at work and have to remind myself, wrong place.:angel_not: I don't consider myself an actual ab however i am finding more things along those lines slightly appealing, just not the baby talk. Hurts my head.