LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Going 12/7?

I have made the decision, as of today May 21, 2008, to go 24/7 well......i guess 12/7 per say.

I am a DL but I feel inside that I am ment to have no bladder control. Well today I bought a new pack of Attends Briefs and started wearing. I have no desire to be bowel incontinent nor would I like to be.

By definition in the ABDL world going 24/7 means wearing diapers all day 7 days a week and not using a toilet. Well I guess since I will only be making myself lose bladder control which is half I should call it 12/7 lol!

Even on the first day I feel it becoming easier and easier to go without holding back and I honestly am feeling happy and positive about my decision.

In a couple days I plan on going to my doc claiming that I am, for some reason, losing control; and the reason for this is simple, so that when I visit in the future they have it in my medical records and it isn't just an "all of the sudden" thing.

I have made the decision, as of today May 21, 2008, to go 24/7 well......i guess 12/7 per say.

I am a DL but I feel inside that I am ment to have no bladder control. Well today I bought a new pack of Attends Briefs and started wearing. I have no desire to be bowel incontinent nor would I like to be.

By definition in the ABDL world going 24/7 means wearing diapers all day 7 days a week and not using a toilet. Well I guess since I will only be making myself lose bladder control which is half I should call it 12/7 lol!

Even on the first day I feel it becoming easier and easier to go without holding back and I honestly am feeling happy and positive about my decision.

In a couple days I plan on going to my doc claiming that I am, for some reason, losing control; and the reason for this is simple, so that when I visit in the future they have it in my medical records and it isn't just an "all of the sudden" thing.

Your doc is gonna put your through all sorts of tests, good luck on that one.

~Brian

I wouldn't go at it that way, you're lying to your doctor. Plus, chances are partial incontinence isn't going to play out the way you think.

Chances are, you'll simply have reduced bladder function. Even those that wear 24/7 for years still have some control over their bladder.

You will have reduced control though, so no going to the movies with an extra large (or a large... or maybe a medium) soda. I can't make it through a movie without going to the bathroom (or using my diaper) and having a soda. But, I certainly can hold it still... it's just really irritating.

And yes, this is speaking from experience...

~Brian

You might have a point and I might want to avoid that. Out of curiousity though what kind of tests?

Plus, chances are partial incontinence isn't going to play out the way you think.

Chances are, you'll simply have reduced bladder function. Even those that wear 24/7 for years still have some control over their bladder.

I have thought about that and in my personal opinion for what is best for me, the less bladder control I have, the better.

You might have a point and I might want to avoid that. Out of curiousity though what kind of tests?

In all probability if you go to your regular doc, he will recommend that you see a urologist and have a variety of test done that will measure your control level. This usually involves stimuli of the nerves and muscle walls of your bladder to see if you can keep control. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but I've been told its very difficult to fool the tests. If you go that route in all probability all that your doctor will learn is that you've been faking incontinence for some reason.

The step of telling your doctor at some point may not be an entirely bad idea, but I wouldnt pretend that it is medical issue. If you are asked about it, I would recommend telling him it was a personal choice and leave it at that. By law and tradition, doctor/paitient privilege is almost as sacrosanct as attorney/client privlege. They cant talk about your medical or personal issues unless you act really wierd or allow them to. And regardless of what some in our community think, there are some medical issues (not major ones admittedly) than can arise from the choice to wear diapers, and a doctor might want to keep an eye out for them.

Cheers to you on your decision though! Hope it works out well for you.

The step of telling your doctor at some point may not be an entirely bad idea, but I wouldnt pretend that it is medical issue. If you are asked about it, I would recommend telling him it was a personal choice and leave it at that. By law and tradition, doctor/paitient privilege is almost as sacrosanct as attorney/client privlege. They cant talk about your medical or personal issues unless you act really wierd or allow them to.

First, thank you very much for the insight, and you are right, I probably do want to hold off until later. However something I am not understanding, I guess because I don't really have an indepth knowledge of, in respect to the privacy. I do know, as I am training to actually be a paramedic, that you can't discuss patient/client issues; however, I am curious as to what you stated:

If you are asked about it, I would recommend telling him it was a personal choice and leave it at that.

Does this mean that I could say, even if I were seeing eighter the nurse practitioner or doc himself, and they asked why I am wearing a diaper I can say it is a personal choice and they can not say anything about it or yadda?

This leads me to ask, what if they infact ask me "Why are you wearing a diaper even though you do not have a history of incon.?"

and I say "It is a personal choice and I'd rather not talk about it." They basically, by law, have to let it go? Also if they did that would they write that on my medical sheet or leave it off?

Thanks again for your input KR! Everyones input or suggestions/knowledge is much appreciated! ^_^

I have thought about that and in my personal opinion for what is best for me, the less bladder control I have, the better.

And I'm not saying that's not the goal. What I am saying though, is that you will always probably have enough bladder control to get through a doctor's visit. You shouldn't be paranoid about every life situation where you might want to not wear a diaper.

You know, you could just level with your doctor if push comes to shove. Or, go the indirect route and say that you have a freaky partner that you're motivated to keep happy.

As for tests, oh boy... you're going to get a lot of them. Everything from cancer to kidney failure can cause incontinence. For starters, and I'm not a doctor, but I'd have a full blood workup done, and probably a CT scan after that. Oh, and a CAT scan of your brain to make sure you aren't coming down with MS. Probably more blood tests to rule out PSAs (for prostate cancer) and other long shots.

Your doctor is going to see this as systemic of something that could kill you (I added the bold because a doctor sees red alarms when someone suddenly can't make it to the bathroom). At least, he or she should if they're a good doctor. Don't waste your doctor's time on this... when they find out nothing is wrong with you, the next step will be to refer you to a psychologist... after being prescribed a bunch of bladder control medicines you won't take.

At least, he or she should if they're a good doctor. Don't waste your doctor's time on this...

Hey Abri good call! I honestly never did think about it in those terms before and you are absolutely right. He is a good doc and the NP is good as well. After all if that didn't throw up a red flag then wtf kind of doc would they be right. The thing mostly about the doctor is I do have to go in for a check up for an ear infection I got a couple of weeks ago.

Of course the thing is I don't want to break my rule of just pee'ing in my diaper; however, a doc visit is pretty important for my health. If at all costs I can, I would like to wear my diaper, however even if I use the "personal choice" or "spouse" decision and they are still making me give an answer then I will not wear the diaper.

Thx for the heads up Abri!

I would hold off on the doctor part until you begin to have limited functionality. Give it 10 to 12 months to settle in.

Eventually, you'll be able to have a sonogram and it will show your bladder not emptying and other issues.

I have to run right now but I'll give you more details latter.

BUT DON'T LET ANYTHING STOP YOU. JUST DO IT!! (24/7)

FOLLOW MY RULES!!!!!!!

hehe I am not letting ANYTHING stop me fairfax!

It is my third day and at one point for about 10minutes I did not have a diaper on after I got out of the shower, and all of the sudden I felt my bladder start to sting because I had to go. I was very happy about this cause it said to me that I am starting to let it go and get used to it. There was nothing physically wrong with me beforehand eighter btw guys.

So after that I did diaper myself again and let flow. I have been sleeping in diapers also. I am not sure that I have wet while I am sleeping but I am pretty sure it might happen tonight ;) Like I said I have literally been wearing a diaper 24/7 for the past 3 days even when I am sleeping. With the exception for the shower and changing times of course but I am LOVIN IT!!!!!! I am SO happy right now and the past 3 days have been just great! :lol:

I really do feel happy about this and with the more bladder control I lose I feel like the happier I will become! The past 3 days have been VERY good days

Just so everybody knows, urinary incontinence only requires the use of diapers when it's really severe. Even then, full blown briefs(diapers) are usually reserved for those with some functional problem, like decreased mobility, cognitive function, or the like. Incontinence, unless neurological in it's pathology, is rarely going to manifest as pee suddenly running down your leg. It's usually a lot more like being unable to make it to the bathroom on time after having an urge, or slow leakage. If you get to the point where you're passing urine without paying attention to it, it's the result of mental conditioning, not a physiological inability to detect when urine is being passed.

Incontinence can even mean that you just use the toilet 8 times a day or more. I have legitimate issues these days with urge incontinence as a result of a diuretic medication I take, and there's no way in hell I would ever wear diapers for it. It just isn't serious enough to warrant that, and I really do find them to be a pain in the ass when out and about in scorching hot Texas weather.

That all being said, wear diapers if it makes you feel better.

Incontinence can even mean that you just use the toilet 8 times a day or more. I have legitimate issues these days with urge incontinence as a result of a diuretic medication I take,

There are other means than taking spironolactone, i.e. cyproteroneacetate, progesterone, etc.

This leads me to ask, what if they infact ask me "Why are you wearing a diaper even though you do not have a history of incon.?"

and I say "It is a personal choice and I'd rather not talk about it." They basically, by law, have to let it go? Also if they did that would they write that on my medical sheet or leave it off?

Heyas again DL88.

As far as your question here goes, if you're training to be an EMT you probably know more for sure about this than me (not in the medical field). In all probability it WILL end up on some kind of report. There are others that could verify this, but from what I remember of my college law classes, medical records cannot be looked at by anyone BUT a doctor/NP who is treating you without a direct court order/subpeona. Med records dont officially have the same protection that attorney/client communications have, but its darn close. Anyone caught snooping in med records would be lucky to find themselves fired.

As has been said, I didnt even think about the tests they would do for disease states, but its almost certainly right, especially the blood tests for prostate function. So thats something to think about.

There are other means than taking spironolactone, i.e. cyproteroneacetate, progesterone, etc.

um......what? :huh:

lol

But ya KR im still in the learning phase of anatomy and treatment, paperwork comes later. I do understand that we as paramedics are to keep medical documents that we need to write up safe and private until the patient is in the doctors/ER care and then we hand it over to the doctors. So it's different really.

P.S. for those interested I will be blogging my day to day

To answer a couple of your questions

Yes he would note it in your records, he is obliged to if you tell him.

Only a treating physician can look at your records unless you authorise a disclosure, for instance for insurance purposes or as part of an employment check, though in these cases doctors are entitled to remove any non relevant material and often just write a report that contains key relevant facts to the enquiry.

Some of the test that would be done routinely on someone reporting a loss of continence:

Rectal prostate exam

Urine analasys for infection and diabetes

Blood tests

Urine flow test (you pee in a machine that measures flow spped and volume)

Ultrasound of bladder and kidneys.

X- ray of lower abdomen

Camera insertion and inspection of bladder and uretral tract.

This list is not exhaustive but would form the starting point of any assesment.

Having said all that I wore 24/7 for six months without experiencing any greater loss of control than a little leakage when the bladder was full and an increased frequency of emptying with a greater sense of urgency. so you should still be fine for not wearing on occassions when it is necessary.

A small pant liner can always be explained away as having a bit of a dick tummy and playing safe or a sligh kidney chill from sitting in a draft.

cyproteroneacetate

Not legally. Not to mention that it has similar effects on blood pressure and can have similar diuretic effects as well. It does, after all, share some pharmodynamic action with spironolactone. Though, I'm not taking spironolactone anymore, as it isn't necessary. I'm taking diovan because it has less side effects and I actually had blood pressure trouble after stopping spironolactone as a result of taking it for so long. Hopefully I'll be able to taper off and compensate with a change in lifestyle soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

Ummmm DL88...you started 12/7 on May 21 and posted to May 23. I don't want to be rude, but what's up?? Did you give up on your trial? No shame if you did. Just curious. If you're still working on it, how's it going?

I know...I need to go check your blog...but it might be interesting to do a brief follow-up here and let us check details on your blog!

Well, you know where I'm headed next!

Ummmm DL88...you started 12/7 on May 21 and posted to May 23. I don't want to be rude, but what's up?? Did you give up on your trial? No shame if you did. Just curious. If you're still working on it, how's it going?

I know...I need to go check your blog...but it might be interesting to do a brief follow-up here and let us check details on your blog!

Well, you know where I'm headed next!

Ya in the past few days i have been having to go on job interviews and go back and forth to family across state so i have had to cheat a bit even though i didn't want to <_<

As for the blog.......i can be a slacker sometimes and i just kinda forgot about that -_-

but even though i have been doing alot i am still wearing as much as possible!!!

• 4 weeks later...

But, I certainly can hold it still... it's just really irritating.

And yes, this is speaking from experience...

Same here. I don't want to hold, and it's REALLY uncomfortable to do so. However, if I needed to give up diapers, I could get my full control back very easily. I just dont want to.

~Brian

Don't tell your doctor unless there really is a chronic problem. People always start looking for medical problems whenever people do something that isn't "normal". And, that's followed up by psychiatric evaluations, and then give you drugs to make you think differently.

• 5 months later...
Guest dl_aslee

Well unless you are doing harm to yourself or someone else you can't be forced into psychiatric help. Doctors I have been to are all very professional, so the only thing they might mention is something about hygiene and such to make sure you don't get any health problems from them. Just make sure that they know you are not having bladder or bowel problems and that it is a personal choice. If it is not harming you and you are not having a medical problem they have no reason to dig deeper, the only reason they might is to make sure that you aren't actually having bladder or bowel problems. So yes they may have a few question just because they are concerned that it might be a medical problem, so you just have to explain clearly to them and they probably will make a note of it, just so that other doctors and such know that it isn't a medical problem.

ummm that's a couple today on old posts..Dl aslee...Are we having a bummer Christmas or what? if so Merry Christmas!! Now have a cookie and some milk!..Buddy! Have a Great Next Year! Sorry just thought your posts where kinda funny as You joined in November, but all the posts you are now replying to are from months earlier....or hadn't you noticed that..no biggie..have a fun time.. Just so you know you can check when a member last logged in by checking their profile.

Guest dl_aslee

I tend not to really check the post date, mostly only see that the thread has the thing by it telling me it has a post I haven't read. Also I had another account, though I can't seem to find what I made my name and I had stopped posting about 6 months ago, I think this is my third one, I know I have been coming here from like 2003 and reading posts, just not necessarily posting.