LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pamper's Diapers

Today I sent an inquiry to Pampers about larger sizes and if they would ever consider an adult size line of pampers. I am hoping for a positive answer. I also would respectfully request many of you to do the same in order to maybe help convince them of the size of the adult diaper industry which will in my veiws be larger than the baby diapr industry.

Today I sent an inquiry to Pampers about larger sizes and if they would ever consider an adult size line of pampers. I am hoping for a positive answer. I also would respectfully request many of you to do the same in order to maybe help convince them of the size of the adult diaper industry which will in my veiws be larger than the baby diapr industry.

I don't know about that one. Nice idea, BUT - years ago there were basically adult size Pampers, they just were sold under a different brand name, but made basically the same way, just bigger, and some minor modifications to accommodate a larger body. Apparently that didn't do so great for P&G because they sold out that brand/style (still available, but owned by a different company now - a diaper known as Attends).

However - who knows, perhaps we are seeing part of P&G's strategy to get back in to that market now, in a way that is profitable enough to them for it to be worth the effort. If you notice, every few years it seems like a larger size of Pampers is made available - but there is no big jump, just a small one to sit the next larger size person (comfortably) than there previous largest size. This way they are gradually getting there, and at the same time, maintaining quite a few customers for a longer period of time. So a gradual slid in to such a market, for a company that already makes diapers may well be of more benefit than just a sudden jump. (Just a theory - I DO NOT have any "inside information" on what P&G is up to! - That is pure speculation based on part logic only!, Not there definite business plan as far as I know for sure!)

Georgia-Pacific was making those adult vintage-style Pampers wingfold diapers in the early '80s. They were manufactured under the Polivex and KayPlus brandnames. They shared two tapes per side, just like the actual hourglass-shaped briefs. in 1985 Georgia-Pacific has added elastic leg gathers to match the current Pampers range of the time (with the crawling baby drawing stamped on the cardboard box).

Cheers,

adult_wingfold_brief_1_209.jpg

Wow that's a bump and a half but I notice our OP is still around so feel like I should mention that Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, all major diaper brand names are almost certainly protected by many many patents and are absolutely 100% certainly protected by Copyright. In the event that this thread is actually something other than a fairy tale (I'm cynical too) then I would warn that attempting to copy the established brands either directly or indirectly may well land you in *very* hot water!

Hi all. I am Stephen. I am going to start a manufacturing business in a couple years, and one of the products I am looking to work with is making a variation of Huggies, Luvs or Pampers in the adult sizes with a variation of prints. I was wondering if anyone has and of the old late 80's early 90's style baby diapers I can sue as the research model to design and increase absorbancy etc. for the best adult diaper ever made and at a resonable price.

[/quot

hmm a couple of years? more like an eternity! :whistling:

By any chance do you want them to send you diapers for free? Just wondering...

Hi stephen, I found some old style ones from the early 90's that you can have for copying the pattern. They are used but hey, what else can one expect of things found in the garbage lot, but if your wear a mask you should probably be able to draw it off on a piece of paper and then just throw it out once again without getting sick.

Just say where to send them...

Wow that's a bump and a half but I notice our OP is still around so feel like I should mention that Pampers, Huggies, Luvs, all major diaper brand names are almost certainly protected by many many patents and are absolutely 100% certainly protected by Copyright.

There is a company in the city nearby me that manufactures a line of baby diapers under the name Little Tykes (like the toy company...). When they were starting to set up their manufacturing plant, I had a cousin that worked for a different division of the same company. He had told me, at the time, that P&G (et. al) owned several patents with regards to the process of making the diapers and that IPC (the company) had to get licenses from these companies and pay royalties (on a per-diaper basis) to them. Saying that, if you make a diaper.. period... chances are you are going to be paying bucks to P&G to begin with... plus whatever other licensing issues that may and chances are will come up.

That being said - if you make them, sign me up as a potential customer. If you're going to start a business venture, chances are your 'venture capitalists' are going to want to know what kind of market you have.

Regards and good luck,

BabyDavey

Well, I would worry about getting sued just because of making a diaper (P&G suing for that alone is like Microsoft suing a Linux distributer simply for making an Operating System).

However, you do need to watch HOW they are made. While those older type baby diapers are not made anymore, I am sure that the company still owns the rights to that design (or has sold them to someone else), so if you want to use the same style, even if it is in a size they never offered - you are going to have to get there permissions to use it - that will most likely mean buying a license from them, to use that design.

And that is just for the diaper itself, want to print images on them too? Well, that's another license from a different company that owns the rights to the characters you intend to print on them.

Well, I would worry about getting sued just because of making a diaper (P&G suing for that alone is like Microsoft suing a Linux distributer simply for making an Operating System).

Funny you should say that......

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/14/mi..._patent_number/

Diapers and operating systems are remarkably similar in this respect, I think (bear with me, honest :P)

Because all diapers exist to perform the same function, they invariably have the same set of fairly similar features (use of SAP, leg gathers, standing leak guards, stay-dry layers, double-layer tapes, tape landing zones and wetness indicators to name but seven) then the chances are that someone owns the patent to each of those technologies, or owns the patent to the mechanical process to manufacture them or more than likely, both. Just as Microsoft claim ownership of numerous software patents pertaining to common tasks that all operating systems do (task scheduling, file IO, etc).

You have to remember that somebody invented the modern disposable diaper and that it wasn't so long ago that the design copyrights and patents will have expired. Nobody should expect to start manufacturing diapers including those features and not attract the attentions of the lawyers who, I would imagine, would land a "cease and desist" on your desk faster than you can change out of a wet one. Unless of course, you seek proper licensing from the owners of each patent, which I imagine would be prohibitively expensive.

You don't have to look any further than the very obvious relationship between a popular AB diaper seller and a popular traditional adult diaper maker to see this in action.

Just FYI, I saw a smaller pack of the size 7 cruisers today while I was grocery shopping. I almost picked them up, but I couldn't bring myself to pay 11 bucks for 18 diapers that almost certainly would not fit. I am curious if anybody else has put one on and can tell me just how small you have to be to even think about wearing one. I know it wouldn't fit for normal use, but maybe as a stuffer? And how exactly does a stuffer work? Do you wear it or just put it in the diaper?

I saw the 28 pack in the local Albertson's, but already bought myself the box of 92. I sold most of it on ebay for a profit, but of the ones I did keep, have been using them. I have to put the tapes on before stepping into it like a pull-up, and it stays put. I am a 29/30 waist, and it stretches enough to fit me. Holds one big flooding. If i were another inch bigger, it would probably not fit.

With stuffers, I believe you cut holes in the bottom of the diaper, and cut off the tapes, then put that inbetween you and a better fitting diaper.

Just FYI, I saw a smaller pack of the size 7 cruisers today while I was grocery shopping. I almost picked them up, but I couldn't bring myself to pay 11 bucks for 18 diapers that almost certainly would not fit. I am curious if anybody else has put one on and can tell me just how small you have to be to even think about wearing one. I know it wouldn't fit for normal use, but maybe as a stuffer? And how exactly does a stuffer work? Do you wear it or just put it in the diaper?

Out of curiosity I had to purchase some when I saw them (they had a self checkout lane). I have a 32" waist. I could get them to stick on for a couple seconds but then popped off. When putting them on you have to pull on them even past the point you think they will rip. I am impressed at how strechy they are! But, NO, don't plan on using them as a stand alone diaper. these are definately meant as a baby diaper. Not wide enough at all! It looked very stupid on me!

I do have to say they work wonderfully as a stuffer! Holy Crap! I hate cutting though diapers (the usual method for using diapers for stuffers) since I don't like getting the gel every where. So, I folded one inside out with the folded end toward the front, just under the "boy's" but yet not in front. Since they are thin, they fit in there great plus you effectively have 3 absorbant surfaces down there. When they swell you can't close your thighs together!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah those have been available for a year or so. If you want the look they are fine, but as for use, they are like buying tissue papper with a plastic cover. They are way over priced, but are a fun novelty. :D